Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam videos thread 3.4 (embedded car dash-cams only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭Wailin

Won't be surprised if there's a few more of this prick on the M4 today. Weaving in and out dangerously a good few times before taking an exit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Very lucky escape.
    Got this on my cam a few weeks back.
    Reckon he fell asleep.
    Stopped to make sure he was ok but he started to kick his car.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyi4I5MwtLA

• Registered Users Posts: 13,884 ✭✭✭✭josip

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Scary stuff, timing couldn't have been better though as no others involved.

Hope that was a wake up call excuse the pun....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Scary stuff, timing couldn't have been better though as no others involved.

Hope that was a wake up call excuse the pun....
    Exactly.
    Its a road that is very frequently used by runners,cyclists etc.
    Could have ended up tragically.
    As soon as I realised he wasnt coming back in I sat on my horn but to no avail!

• Advertisement

Wrong way driver on the M6 at Kinnegad tonight!

Wrong way driver on the M6 at Kinnegad tonight!

Wtf it's unreal, I've come across this 3 times on dual carriageway....

2 points is the penalty....

Should be instant licence revoked.

I managed to get traffic stopped the last time and also get the other driver stopped and turned....

Don't know if driving a mark3 Mondeo helped as that's what I was driving that day....

I hit brakes on/off, rear fogs on/off and hazards while weaving both lanes to 1 get cars behind to notice and slow to a stop but then also flashing high beams at oncoming driver....

Scary stuff.

Wtf it's unreal, I've come across this 3 times on dual carriageway....

2 points is the penalty....

Should be instant licence revoked.

I managed to get traffic stopped the last time and also get the other driver stopped and turned....

Don't know if driving a mark3 Mondeo helped as that's what I was driving that day....

I hit brakes on/off, rear fogs on/off and hazards while weaving both lanes to 1 get cars behind to notice and slow to a stop but then also flashing high beams at oncoming driver....

Scary stuff.
    This particular driver was flashing his lights as in what appears to mean "get out of my F↓cking way, I'm coming through"

He was going at high speed as well.
    What is also scary is the car in front had only overtaken me a few seconds earlier!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

That's a suicide run, licence should be revoked instantly. Thankfully never came across one but have heard of a few deaths because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

That is scary. Imagine how close this was to go bad in split second.

As for the 2 points offence this was discussed before and there is no specific offence for going wrong way on motorway at speed. This should warrant dangerous driving etc. The 2 points offence is for going wrong way, we are talking one way street etc.

I would be ****ing scared seeing that on motorway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It didn't look like they were stopping, it probably went very wrong further down the road.

It didn't look like they were stopping, it probably went very wrong further down the road.
    So far, there have been no news reports of any major crashes on the M6, so I can only assume he got away with it and left the motorway further along.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

The first clip is from work colleague, so close..

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭sundodger5

Sound a lot calmer than i would

tedpan wrote: »
    The first clip is from work colleague, so close..
    That first clip, your colleague switched lanes as he exited the roundabout, it would have been his fault if contact had been made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

sundodger5 wrote: »
    Sound a lot calmer than i would

I bet you wouldn't get the wipers on before the car hit the water!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

That first clip, your colleague switched lanes as he exited the roundabout, it would have been his fault if contact had been made.

It looked like his colleague followed the middle lane all the way around as the left lane was blocked. The other driver took the right hand lane and cut into the middle lane.

Those roundabouts are left lane for 1, middle for 2, right for 2/3. The left lane is out of action in the clip because of road works so it’s changed and is clearly marked on the orange works signs that the left of the two remaining lanes are for straight through and the right is only for the exit on the right. The Volvo shouldn’t have been going off at that exit of the roundabout from that lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Mr Snow

• Advertisement

Totally incorrect. If you watch the start of the video, two lanes from three. The left is straight only, right is right only. Clearly marked..

Mr snow turn your can further down....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

That last clip on the last video - (https://youtu.be/X5Bfj42fDig?t=627) whats going on there? Looks like the camera guy was overtaking when the van indicated to turn off the road. The camera guy was at fault for not aborting the overtake?

Advertisement