Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam videos thread 3.4 (embedded car dash-cams only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

The latest from Dublin's Dash Cam!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭Vic_08

"Get off your F*****G phone", the joy of Irish driving in a nutshell there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

How he wasn't killed I don't know :eek:

Police release horrifying footage of head-on motorbike crash
    On 28th April last year, the 35-year-old motorcyclist was riding along Mortimer Street in Sheffield when he was hit head on by a driver travelling at 70mph on the wrong side of the road.

The victim suffered a broken back, a broken sternum and a broken wrist in the crash. He has since credited the protective gear he was wearing at the time with saving his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Looks like he was speeding up going round the bend

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

fritzelly wrote: »

It looks like he wasn’t paying attention at all and panicked when the corner snuck up on him. As to why he didn’t just go into the field when he seen the biker is a bit strange too.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement

h3000 wrote: »
    It looks like he wasn’t paying attention at all and panicked when the corner snuck up on him. As to why he didn’t just go into the field when he seen the biker is a bit strange too.

Target fixation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭chooseusername

He had gone from 65 mph to 55 mph .
    Looks more like he over-corrected from putting a wheel into the soft verge at the apex of the bend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

He was driving beyond his ability is what he was doing. He did no braking in advance of the bend and then dropped 10mph mid bend. Didn't read the road ahead even though the corner is clearly going to be around 120 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

One very lucky biker.... Scary stuff.

Never seen that video.

Amazing both cars had a dash cam and showed exactly what happened.

One very lucky biker.... Scary stuff.

Never seen that video.

Amazing both cars had a dash cam and showed exactly what happened.

Not really, they were both high performance/modified cars driving close together. I'd bet they were out for a spin on a country road.

• Advertisement

Vic_08 wrote: »
    Not really, they were both high performance/modified cars driving close together. I'd bet they were out for a spin on a country road.

What?

Of course they were racing.

You can see that.

I actually thought the impact car was an L200 and they corner like boats so wasnt surprised he washed the corner at those speeds. Not sure they were racing but certainly a complete tool driving the car. I would imagine it was an extremely painful recovery for the biker and traumatizing to his mates pulling up behind the crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭RichT

Florian Pratt, the well named driver of the car that hit the motorcyclist got 16 months stir........

Sky News Link

• Registered Users Posts: 33,498 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

As someone who got a cam from Santa and who is about to fit it, can I ask how people are securing the power cable around the windows/interior?

Blutac?

NIMAN wrote: »
    As someone who got a cam from Santa and who is about to fit it, can I ask how people are securing the power cable around the windows/interior?

Blutac?

Push it in behind the plastics. Use a plastic spoon or something to push it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,470 ✭✭✭Damien360

NIMAN wrote: »

Blutac?

Across the top of screen under the roof lining, round pillar and into the door rubber seal, and then under the glovebox to either the cigarette lighter or better still into your fuse box using a wire tap. The hardest part of wire tap is finding an earth as there is so much plastic underneath. Typically tap off the rear wiper as it is live only when the power is on. Check fuse type (3-4 types) of your car before starting if going to tap.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,225 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

There are about a million videos on youtube on how to fit a dashcam.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭koutoubia

When you just dont have the patience to q?

Just cant get embedding to work!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭koutoubia

I left the start in to see the ped walking on the path to point out that it is actually a path the dozy careless inconsiderate fook decided to drive on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭sundodger5

RichT wrote: »
    Florian Pratt, the well named driver of the car that hit the motorcyclist got 16 months stir........

Sky News Link
    "Air Bag Suit". Everyday is a school day.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Silver Golf running from the Garda, wrong side of the road (overtaking the cars waiting to turn right), hits a car (looks like a Corola) turning right. Driver is out and off running within seconds (looks like he'd no seat belt on). His passenger is a little more casual getting out, and then goes back to retrieve something, then casually walks off down the road. Garda car arrived within 40 seconds (2 Garda cars were following, but went in opposite directions on Oscar Traynor road as it looks like they weren't sure what direction he headed...).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Silver Golf running from the Garda, wrong side of the road (overtaking the cars waiting to turn right), hits a car (looks like a Corola) turning right. Driver is out and off running within seconds (looks like he'd no seat belt on). His passenger is a little more casual getting out, and then goes back to retrieve something, then casually walks off down the road. Garda car arrived within 40 seconds (2 Garda cars were following, but went in opposite directions on Oscar Traynor road as it looks like they weren't sure what direction he headed...).

You should provide a copy of that to Coolock garda - be able and place the suspect from the profile there

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

You should provide a copy of that to Coolock garda - be able and place the suspect from the profile there

Yeah, I called them, told them I had the raw files saved on my computer (I'm away all next week), and also that it was on youtube if they need to see it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Bit of a laugh from this one, it's nice to have one to put a little smile on your face for once.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

If only someone had invented a petrol can

If only someone had invented a petrol can
    Or even better, a Diesel one! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I'm in the states for the next few days and wondering if there's any dashcams bargains to be had?

Any recommendations welcome. Would like a GPS one if there's value.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭granturismo

I'm in the states for the next few days and wondering if there's any dashcams bargains to be had?
    Any recommendations welcome. Would like a GPS one if there's value.
    Thanks!

Wrong forum

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Advertisement