Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam videos thread 3.4 (embedded car dash-cams only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Jesus that first one was fair close. Yer man in the Octavia is some gob****e.
    I hate people who overtake like that. They just follow the car/van/truck in front with very little or no view of the oncoming traffic.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Barney224

h3000 wrote: »
    I hate people who overtake like that. They just follow the car/van/truck in front with very little or no view of the oncoming traffic.

yeah, I see this all time. Nearly had a head on collision with some old bint who did the same thing to me last year. That's when I decided I was getting a dashcam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

h3000 wrote: »

He had no view because he insisted on pointlessly tailgating. Staying further back makes it so much easier to perform a safe overtake but most people have it in their mind that it's easier the closer they are to the vehicle in front.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

It's been a month or so, the clips built up!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,475 ✭✭✭Damien360

tedpan wrote: »
    It's been a month or so, the clips built up!

Can I ask what software you use to get the rear camera in the display. I have a nextbase with front and rear but they are 2 distinct files and I cannot get them to show on one pc screen.

• Advertisement

Damien360 wrote:
    Can I ask what software you use to get the rear camera in the display. I have a nextbase with front and rear but they are 2 distinct files and I cannot get them to show on one pc screen.

No probs, I use Movavi video editor. It allows you to drag and drop files on top of each other, transitions and edits etc. I paid $15 for it about 5 years ago so have an old legacy version, I'm sure the new one is far better although it's more pricey too..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭AlmostQuick

Risky tailgating to evade M50 toll.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭This is it

Does it not catch the back too?

This is it wrote: »
    Does it not catch the back too?

Yes. There are cameras on one gantry further back looking at the back of the car. I see this happening a lot and I fail to understand why especially when the cameras are there. More than once I have seen trucks slam on around there as cars dive across to the N4 exit lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Couple of Irish clips made it in again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭micar

Couple of Irish clips made it in again.

3 clips from The Dublin Rider

Second one .....riding down the New Cabra road on the wrong side of the road calling the pedestrian a thick when she walks out in front of her..... FFS

micar wrote: »

Second one .....riding down the New Cabra road on the wrong side of the road calling the pedestrian a thick when she walks out in front of her..... FFS

Two wrongs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭kirving

Did the Qashqai driver do anything illegal? Poor driving sure, but illegal?

Wasn't in the yellow box really, and had passed her white line while her light was still red.

More from Dublin Dashcam. Happy Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Did the Qashqai driver do anything illegal? Poor driving sure, but illegal?

Wasn't in the yellow box really, and had passed her white line while her light was still red.

Does every clip really need to have someone claiming red is green, up is down and shyt smells like roses?

Yes she was in the wrong, passed a stop line into a yellow box while the junction was blocked and subsequently moved on a red, compounded it further by beeping at biker and showed complete ignorance of the rules and inattentiveness as she wasn't even aware where the biker came from.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

micar wrote: »

He can filter safely, up to her to look before crossing.

Vic_08 wrote: »
    Does every clip really need to have someone claiming red is green, up is down and shyt smells like roses?

Yes she was in the wrong, passed a stop line into a yellow box while the junction was blocked and subsequently moved on a red, compounded it further by beeping at biker and showed complete ignorance of the rules and inattentiveness as she wasn't even aware where the biker came from.

How did you come to that conclusion? Hint: see my second sentence where I said it was poor driving.

My understanding is that one your pass the white line, the lights no longer apply to you.

It was a genuine question. Is what the Quashai driver breaking the law by moving forward, as she passed the line already.

Say you're turning right, across traffic. You move to the centre of the junction, past the white line, and then your light goes red. You're required at that point to complete the manoeuvre.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

She entered a yellow box when the way was obviously not clear - rules of the road say you are not allowed to
    Can be fined and given points

What's the FCPN offence that covers yellow boxes? Genuine question, I can't seem to see which one would fit.

Yellow box aside, does the car that entered the junction first not have priority? Technically, she didn't break a red light as the biker said.

As I said in my first post, of course it's bad driving, but I was wondering whether it was illegal by the letter of the law.

I wouldn't do it myself, and of course would let the other traffic go if I found myself in place of the Qashqai.

What's the FCPN offence that covers yellow boxes? Genuine question, I can't seem to see which one would fit.

Yellow box aside, does the car that entered the junction first not have priority? Technically, she didn't break a red light as the biker said.

As I said in my first post, of course it's bad driving, but I was wondering whether it was illegal by the letter of the law.

I wouldn't do it myself, and of course would let the other traffic go if I found myself in place of the Qashqai.

Entry of vehicle into hatched roadway markings is the only one I think would cover it

https://www.rsa.ie/Documents/Licensed%20Drivers/Penalty%20Points%20Chart1.pdf[url][/url]

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Driving without Due Care & Attention??

Thought I better contribute if I'm going to derail the discussion :pac:

Had my dipped beams on, but BMW driver didn't see me until quite late, I think partly due to the low sun.

Remember to drive with lights on at all times. Could be a bright day and still difficult to see.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

I'd say it was more due to the geebag in the Merc parked on the footpath blocking the driver's view.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

fritzelly wrote: »
    She entered a yellow box when the way was obviously not clear - rules of the road say you are not allowed to
    Can be fined and given points

Damien360 wrote: »
    Entry of vehicle into hatched roadway markings is the only one I think would cover it

https://www.rsa.ie/Documents/Licensed%20Drivers/Penalty%20Points%20Chart1.pdf[url][/url]
    Driving without Due Care & Attention??

Just a €60 fine no points
    €60 fixed charge

An offence under Section 35(5) of the Act of 1994 consisting of a contravention of the Road Traffic (Traffic and Parking) Regulations 1997 ( S.I. No. 182 of 1997 ) mentioned in the Table below.
    29 (inserted by regulation 16(l) of the Road Traffic (Traffic and Parking) (Amendment) (No. 2) Regulations 2012)

Entering a yellow box other than in accordance with that Regulation

From

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/2017/si/244/made/en/print?q=yellow+box&search_type=all

Spook_ie wrote: »

I’d hate to be a garda trying to find the correct offence for some of the more minor infringements.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Mr Snow

• Advertisement

Mr Snow wrote: »

What are you driving that you need to do 30kmph on those speed bumps. They are nearly always the approx width of my wheels so you barely have to slow at all. Bus drivers complain about them more often.

Advertisement