Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam videos thread 3.4 (embedded car dash-cams only)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

About 15 meters after where the incident began, the road is split by red plastic dividers, left is M1 North, right is M1 South

Terrible awareness from the BMW to be in the wrong lane just as it splits off to go North.

The Peugeot was in line to go north, but ended up having to go south on the M1 after avoiding the guy in the BMW (who wanted to go south, and change 2 lanes with about 15-20 meters to spare)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

If you think that's bad I once saw a lane change like this with contact on the north / south split on the red cow coming from the N7 inbound. They went their separate ways, I'd say the guy who was hit was fuming.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭boardz

Twice within a week...wonder if it's the same d*ck in different cars

• Registered Users Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭sk8board

The BMW wanted to go Southbound on the M1 (far too late), and the Peugeot wanted to go Northbound.

The BMW fecked it up for both of them...

I commute that junction m50-M1N every day - this is very very common at that specific point just before the lanes split - if you’re toddling along and not paying attention you suddenly have a split second to make your mind up.
    Fellow commuters will remember the weeks of daily accidents when this new layout opened a few years ago, with cars crossing each other

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

sk8board wrote: »
    if you’re toddling along and not paying attention you suddenly have a split second to make your mind up.

For nearly 2kms there's no excuse :rolleyes: There's no split second about it at all. I'm convinced some drivers over here collected tokens on rice crispies boxes for their licence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    For nearly 2kms there's no excuse :rolleyes: There's no split second about it at all. I'm convinced some drivers over here collected tokens on rice crispies boxes for their licence.
    Yes, it's called reading the road ahead, far too many drivers look no further than the bumper of the car in front!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Yes, it's called reading the road ahead, far too many drivers look no further than the bumper of the car in front!

Only if they can manage to see it passed their phones. :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

Or the screen of their smart phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭sk8board

iwillhtfu wrote: »

On the other hand - if every driver ‘over here’ was as attentive as your good self, this thread wouldn’t need to exist, and how else could we scoff at all those lesser quality drivers?
    :P
    Unfortunately driving is not the no.1 priority of every driver on the road, every moment of their drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Is this one of their new, longer range, laser doohickies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Kramer wrote: »
    Is this one of their new, longer range, laser doohickies?

Just think of all the lives that Garda saved!

tuxy wrote: »
    Just think of all the lives that Garda saved!

Very handily avoided, don’t even need any extra technology.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

This lad could really do with slowing down... 50 km/ph zone. he went over two sets of speed bumps and passed the entrance to a busy housing estate on the wrong side of the road. I wish I had my rear view camera switched on for this one. He was really hauling a$$.

He turned left down the ongar distributor road, in the bus lane, so he was definitely in a massive hurry. Maybe an unmarked card? Couldnt quite get the reg.... black VW Passat 09-D- 3xxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 51,225 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Passatman is always in a hurry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭baldshin

Unicycle driver hits traffic light.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

The swearing is a joy to behold

• Registered Users Posts: 17,469 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

boardz wrote: »
    Unicycle driver hits traffic light.......

All I can see is a blur of pixels

• Registered Users Posts: 17,469 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

mrsoundie wrote: »
    The swearing is a joy to behold

Need to be quicker than that - already posted yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

fritzelly wrote: »
    All I can see is a blur of pixels

Likewise

Likewise

Yeah not the best quality/angle... more dramatic in real life

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

https://youtu.be/AppN92mKA3A

Another lovely BMW accelerating and breaking and then puts middle finger (0:42) and drove off at speed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Was there a BMW driver in the car behind too? Seems like two wrongs there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Another lovely BMW accelerating and breaking and then puts middle finger (0:42) and drove off at speed

I suspect he was braking because he was passing a motorway on ramp, which is an absolutely favorite hide out for Gardai with hand held speed cameras.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

https://youtu.be/AppN92mKA3A

i had a douche bag in a tesla do that when i flashed him for lane sitting on the m7 a few weeks ago , middle fingered on his driver window,
    i think its cos my ****ty skoda passed his leccy car and his dick went limp ( all 10 mm of it )

i bet hes bald as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

DaDumTish wrote: »
    i had a douche bag in a tesla do that when i flashed him for lane sitting on the m7 a few weeks ago , middle fingered on his driver window,
    i think its cos my ****ty skoda passed his leccy car and his dick went limp ( all 10 mm of it )

i bet hes bald as well

Jeez man, you've got issues.

Jeez man, you've got issues.

it's called HUMOUR lad, try it some time
    it wasnt directed at you
    ( unless YOU are that tesla guy - then it totally is )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

DaDumTish wrote: »
    it's called HUMOUR lad, try it some time
    it wasnt directed at you
    ( unless YOU are that tesla guy - then it totally is )

Jeez you really do have issues then

• Advertisement

yeah well get over it , snowflakes

Advertisement