Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam videos thread 3.4 (embedded car dash-cams only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭micar

DaDumTish wrote: »
    yeah well get over it , snowflakes

Don't get this constant use of the word "snowflake"......utterly pathetic.

Got called a snowflake by a motorist when I was cycling home. I was in the bus lane, he drove passed me on the right and cut into the bus lane in front of me as it was nice and clear. This at was 4.30 when he shouldn't be in the bus lane.

Caught up with in traffic to tell him that It was extremely dangerous. Like some motorists he couldn't give a fu€k. Putting my life at risk and telling him this makes me a snowflake.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

micar wrote: »
    Don't get this constant use of the word "snowflake"......utterly pathetic.

Got called a snowflake by a motorist when I was cycling home. I was in the bus lane, he drove passed me on the right and cut into the bus lane in front of me as it was nice and clear. This at was 4.30 when he shouldn't be in the bus lane.

Caught up with in traffic to tell him that It was extremely dangerous. Like some motorists he couldn't give a fu€k. Putting my life at risk and telling him this makes me a snowflake.

It's ironic that the people calling others snowflake are the ones who get touchy and upset about being called out on a simple wrongdoing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

More from our old friend..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Your one in the second clip is just as bad as the van driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭chooseusername

I don't think they're tedpan's vids ,
    Dublin's dash-cam man looking for cam action.

(You seek out problems)
    (Looking for trouble, trouble, trouble)
    But you found it mutherf-cker

• Advertisement

I don't think they're tedpan's vids ,
    Dublin's dash-cam man looking for cam action.

(You seek out problems)
    (Looking for trouble, trouble, trouble)
    But you found it mutherf-cker

Your one, as in ‘yer wan’. The woman driving.

Your one, as in ‘yer wan’. The woman driving.
    Ah, right,
    didn't have sound on .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,469 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Ah, right,
    didn't have sound on .

You didn't have sound on reading the post :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭howareyakid

For a lot of those clips, to my eye, it looked like the cam driver(s) were going too fast and didn't need a second invitation to lay the horn if anyone had the cheek to get in their way!

For a lot of those clips, to my eye, it looked like the cam driver(s) were going too fast and didn't need a second invitation to lay the horn if anyone had the cheek to get in their way!

A few? Yes. A lot? No.

• Advertisement

A few? Yes. A lot? No.

Splitting hairs!

fritzelly wrote: »
    You didn't have sound on.......... :confused:
    Watching the vid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭ofcork

What was the cop car at?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

You know, it amazes me (even though it shouldn't) how many drivers adopt the approach of "2 wrongs don't make a right but I must win because of my enormous ego", e.g. someone pulls out in front of them and instead of slowing down, they do something equally as dangerous like overtake on a roundabout. It's universal as well, every single corner of the globe. So many of those clips that are uploaded to youtube, the amount of times the dash cammer is an absolute w@nker is astonishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

3rd clips a gob****e. Driving a fully laden 40ton artic. Was he expecting the truck to fly off from a standing start

And the incessant horn-blowing is just ridiculous. Maybe one toot is fair enough but in that third clip, he/she blew about four times. The “I’m so outraged” five second blow and a few more then for good measure in case the lorry driver somehow, amazingly, didn’t hear the first one. Yes, I’ve been guilty of it myself in the past, particularly if a driver overtakes me in a dangerous spot but it’s something I’ll be more mindful of in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

DaDumTish wrote: »
    yeah well get over it , snowflakes

Its called HUMOUR son

My dash cam is losing focus in his old age! Will replace it soon..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

kenmm wrote: »
    Its called HUMOUR son

OK, BOOMER

tedpan wrote: »
    My dash cam is losing focus in his old age! Will replace it soon..

First clip with the Passat, I regularly cross there with the kids at the pedestrian lights on the right. Definitely one you need your wits about you when crossing to be sure it's safe. The amount of jumpers there at times is unreal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

First clip with the Passat, I regularly cross there with the kids at the pedestrian lights on the right. Definitely one you need your wits about you when crossing to be sure it's safe. The amount of jumpers there at times is unreal.

Jumping filter lights is becoming a regular occurrence I'm noticing. Not sure if it's a sense of entitlement or poor attention and people just see a green light and go

neris wrote: »
    Jumping filter lights is becoming a regular occurrence I'm noticing. Not sure if it's a sense of entitlement or poor attention and people just see a green light and go

Traffic lights in general mean f-all these days. Filter jumping is just an extension of the blatant and rampant red light jumping that gores on.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

If she is as aggressive in the sack as she is behind the wheel, she would be fun.

Traffic lights in general mean f-all these days. Filter jumping is just an extension of the blatant and rampant red light jumping that gores on.

Green = Go
    Red = Stop

It's really not difficult is it :D Oh god we are a sad species when so many of us can't get such a simple concept :pac:

jaxxx wrote: »
    Green = Go
    Red = Stop

It's really not difficult is it :D Oh god we are a sad species when so many of us can't get such a simple concept :pac:

The concept is easy. Everyone understands red (and amber) means stop and green means go - its the sense of entitlement and the decision to ignore it that is the problem.

The concept is easy. Everyone understands red (and amber) means stop and green means go - its the sense of entitlement and the decision to ignore it that is the problem.

It's shocking really how lackadaisical people get when it comes to driving. "Yay I passed my test now I can do whatever the f*ck I want". Driving is simple once you've learned yes, but it's a tremendous responsibility that so many people ignore. Breaking red lights, using wrong lanes at roundabouts, dangerous over/under-taking, etc. People just forget or don't even think that a vehicle can become a weapon in a split second if they don't concentrate.

tedpan wrote: »
    ^
    Love the way that at 1:17 they witness a car rolling over and on it's side.. and what do they decide? "Feck it - too wet, drive on" :D

(They may actually have stopped at a safe place)

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭boardz

Wonder will this clip make to the program - Inside the K
    boardz wrote: »

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭boardz

Advertisement