Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam videos thread 3.4 (embedded car dash-cams only)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Saw that the other day in WhatsApp, and teh pictures of the aftermath..

1 poor car got completely flipped over!!

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭boardz

Saw that the other day in WhatsApp, and teh pictures of the aftermath..

1 poor car got completely flipped over!!

Any idea what happened the truck driver to cause it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

boardz wrote: »
    Any idea what happened the truck driver to cause it?

I heard he had a heart attack. Not sure how he's doing or if anyone else was badly injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭McCrack

chewed wrote: »
    I heard he had a heart attack. Not sure how he's doing or if anyone else was badly injured.

Think you mean cardiac arrest

McCrack wrote: »
    Think you mean cardiac arrest

Please don’t tell me heart attack has been hit by the PC police.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

I'm offended!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,176 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Please don’t tell me heart attack has been hit by the PC police.
    It has nothing to do with political correctness :confused: Could mean the difference between crashing and not though.

Heart attack = (usually) conscious
    Cardiac arrest = unconscious

British Heart Foundation animated explanation video (SFW)

I ain’t watching that if it’s gory.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,176 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I ain’t watching that if it’s gory.
    Sorry, I should have said what it was (I didn't embed because it's not a dashcam). No gore at all, it's a British Heart Foundation animation.

Sorry, I should have said what it was (I didn't embed because it's not a dashcam). No gore at all, it's a British Heart Foundation animation.

Information everyone should have regardless of the thread it's posted in.

• Advertisement

Information everyone should have regardless of the thread it's posted in.

You’re ****ed either way. I just hope I survive my first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

You’re ****ed either way. I just hope I survive my first.

I'd like to survive all of mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Be that as it may, back to dashcams please

Encountered this charming example last Saturday. Lanes are clearly marked, both are left turn however left lane is for the expressway ramp and middle lane is for the side road. There's always a long queue in the left hand lane so there are always A'Holes who use the middle lane and then try to bully their way in during the turn. Slightly disappointed with myself for allowing him in in the end instead of trading paint, no sound in the video so you can't hear how he slaps the roof of my car as he passes on the ramp.

The car is a locally produced "Luxgen", https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luxgen , locally produced low cost "luxury" car. They tend to be driven by idiots, many of who actually seem to think they purchased a Lexus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

why didn't you let him in ? Twat met twat ?

SuperS54 wrote: »

Encountered this charming example last Saturday. Lanes are clearly marked, both are left turn however left lane is for the expressway ramp and middle lane is for the side road. There's always a long queue in the left hand lane so there are always A'Holes who use the middle lane and then try to bully their way in during the turn. Slightly disappointed with myself for allowing him in in the end instead of trading paint, no sound in the video so you can't hear how he slaps the roof of my car as he passes on the ramp.

The car is a locally produced "Luxgen", https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luxgen , locally produced low cost "luxury" car. They tend to be driven by idiots, many of who actually seem to think they purchased a Lexus.

Carpentry wrote: »
    why didn't you let him in ?

I did let him in, hence "Slightly disappointed with myself for allowing him in in the end".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭This is it

I did let him in, hence "Slightly disappointed with myself for allowing him in in the end".

Ah come on, you were keeping him out at the start.

No excuse for him acting the prat but you didn't do anyone any favors.

This is it wrote: »

Absolutely, and I apologise to absolutely nobody for it! Just sorry I didn't continue to do so given what came next.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

This is it wrote: »

No excuse for him acting the prat but you didn't do anyone any favors.
    Why does he owe the other driver a favour? This attitude is the reason why so many idiots try sh!t like skipping queues because they feel they're too good to wait like everyone else, because they know there'll be a pushover at the front that will let them in, thus delaying everyone else behind them.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

If they were let in easy more would do it.... Fook em..... I wouldn't do it so what makes them so special.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭andy69

Garda stopped someone on the M4 yesterday morning - but they must have gone into a panic and just stopped in lane 2!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭andy69

...and closer to home, well in off the beaten track between farm buildings:
    :D:D

(in case quality isn't great after upload... kids in the trailer)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,469 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

andy69 wrote: »

My first thought transporting zombies

andy69 wrote: »

(in case quality isn't great after upload... kids in the trailer)

Use to love that as a kid, I understand there is a risk etc but imagine the buzz.....

Use to be collecting turf or square bales, then be on top of the full trailer loads.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭chooseusername

Use to love that as a kid, I understand there is a risk etc but imagine the buzz.....

Use to be collecting turf or square bales, then be on top of the full trailer loads.....
    Hitching a lift on the shiny tail of the old hay cock trolly.
    The one with the winch and rope used to pull the haycock onto the trolly,
    having tipped the back down.
    like this one;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWbyPO1NaLc

Hitching a lift on the shiny tail of the old hay cock trolly.
    The one with the winch and rope used to pull the haycock onto the trolly,
    having tipped the back down.
    like this one;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWbyPO1NaLc

I'm not that old, a proper low loader trailer, filled, then catch a ride on top to bring it to the barn, Unload by hand then stack....

Made many a fort then after in the barn, memories..... Won't

Id rather do that than risking what you went through. Been there done that.

why didn't you let him in ? Twat met twat ?

Assholes like that should never be let in. Happens so often here too and every time one of them gets away with it, it not only enables that **** but also spawns some new ***** in anyone that seen them.
    If nobody lets them in then they might not do it the next time. There should be snipers at every M50 off ramp here for that very behaviour.

Assholes like that should never be let in. Happens so often here too and every time one of them gets away with it, it not only enables that **** but also spawns some new ***** in anyone that seen them.
    If nobody lets them in then they might not do it the next time. There should be snipers at every M50 off ramp here for that very behaviour.

They definitely not going to do that again, because you stop them :D:D:D what world do you live in ? You can only cause more harm by "fighting" them off with your car.

• Advertisement

They definitely not going to do that again, because you stop them :D:D:D what world do you live in ? You can only cause more harm by "fighting" them off with your car.

Yeah, so enable them. That’ll really help. I’d be happy to let them hit me.

Advertisement