Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam videos thread 3.4 (embedded car dash-cams only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,225 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

lucky no one was working in that lane!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭kirving

Obviously not the cars fault, but the slow/stopped traffic in the truck's lane is visible quite a while away and they shouldn't have gone for the overtake. Very unlucky to be launched by the barrier.

Obviously not the cars fault, but the slow/stopped traffic in the truck's lane is visible quite a while away and they shouldn't have gone for the overtake. Very unlucky to be launched by the barrier.
    I think he was lucky the barrier flipped him, the alternative would have been to be crushed!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,892 ✭✭✭✭josip

Couldn't help but shout "Obstruction ref!" when I saw that.
    Like a big lumbering defender who has to body check the nippy striker who's about to race onto a pass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I get your point, but shouldn't the professional drivers on the right be more aware of what's happening in front of them?

What truck drivers in Poland do is another story, though.

All that matters is that they think they are the best lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,469 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

No MSM there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭phill106

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

phill106 wrote: »

https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/man-taken-to-hospital-after-collision-with-tractor-and-mower/

Same indicent referenced here.
    A male in his 40s was taken to Midlands Regional Hospital with non-life threatening injuries

I say he was lucky he hit that part of the mower, otherwise could have been a very different result. Ridiculous manoeuvre to try and pull off.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Looked like he was blaming the farmer aswell.

• Advertisement

If he had lowered his car in coil overs would have been alot worse...
    Zonda999 wrote: »
    https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/man-taken-to-hospital-after-collision-with-tractor-and-mower/

Same indicent referenced here.

I say he was lucky he hit that part of the mower, otherwise could have been a very different result. Ridiculous manoeuvre to try and pull off.

The car driver is a complete idiot trying to pull that off, and lucky to be alive

But is it not the responsibility of the vehicle turning to check that the way is clear, regardless of traffic direction?

The car driver is a complete idiot trying to pull that off, and lucky to be alive

But is it not the responsibility of the vehicle turning to check that the way is clear, regardless of traffic direction?

Check the way is clear? The idiot came speeding past a pile of cars in an absolute suicide overtake.

phill106 wrote: »
    This incident has been done death in the car cam thread. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭McCrack

Liability would be split even or 2/3 in the cars favour in my view

Obviously there's contributory negligence on the car but the tractor is equally culpable or more

Tractor does not have right of way exiting onto a major road

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭chooseusername

McCrack wrote: »

Obviously there's contributory negligence on the car but the tractor is equally culpable or more

Tractor does not have right of way exiting onto a major road[
    /QUOTE]

It wasn't

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Tractor does not have right of way exiting onto a major road

Wasn't the tractor leaving the main road turning into minor/side road?

And was the car allowed to overtake line of traffic while vehicle in front of the queue was turning right?

Seriously there was only one idiot causing it, regardless of what the tractor was doing as I can only see what I can see. One idiot and a tractor.

Dissected in detail already here
    The same arguments are reappearing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭McCrack

I had thought the tractor was crossing from one field to another

It's even liability in situation it was turning. Tractor is positioned high and he has the advantage of mirrors so could have seen the car approach if he looked in his mirrors

It's even liability in situation it was turning. Tractor is positioned high and he has the advantage of mirrors so could have seen the car approach if he looked in his mirrors

Maybe if the car was being driven any way even close to correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

It was impatience that caused this incident!
    I had another driver like this that just couldn't wait to get in front
    of me as I was leaving Cork City this evening!
    There's always one!

Check the way is clear? The idiot came speeding past a pile of cars in an absolute suicide overtake.

Yeah, the tractor is required to check the lane that he is crossing is clear. Lane was clear for the driver until the tractor decided to turn across his path with no warning.

Look, I know the car driver is a complete idiot trying that, zero question there. Car is morally 90% at fault IMO. Just asking the question as to how the insurance companies and Gards would see it with respect to the rules of the road.

Had the tractor come from a side road onto the main road, who would be at fault?

Edit: I'll post some vids tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

Yeah, the tractor is required to check the lane that he is crossing is clear. Lane was clear for the driver until the tractor decided to turn across his path with no warning.

Look, I know the car driver is a complete idiot trying that, zero question there. Car is morally 90% at fault IMO. Just asking the question as to how the insurance companies and Gards would see it with respect to the rules of the road.

Had the tractor come from a side road onto the main road, who would be at fault?

Edit: I'll post some vids tomorrow!

I think the truck driver with the camera saw the Wallybrain and saw the apparent danger even before the tractor started to turn right into the field.

At 28/29 seconds he starts beeping because he see's the Wallybrain approaching at speed and he knows whats ahead, he is seated to the right of the camera view and no doubt knows its a tractor pulling a trailer and that he is likely to turn left or right in the short term.

At 29/30 seconds you see the tractor start to make his right turn into the field. At this point The Wallybrain is clearly already on the wrong side of the road as you can see so tractor driver should have seen that in his mirror and should not have proceeded.

Judging by Wallybrains speed he did not join the slow convoy behind the truck plus whatever other vehicles are behind the truck, he saw the slow traffic, saw the gap and went for it instead of waiting for the situation to develop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

I think the truck driver with the camera saw the Wallybrain and saw the apparent danger even before the tractor started to turn right into the field.

At 28/29 seconds he starts beeping because he see's the Wallybrain approaching at speed and he knows whats ahead, he is seated to the right of the camera view and no doubt knows its a tractor pulling a trailer and that he is likely to turn left or right in the short term.

At 29/30 seconds you see the tractor start to make his right turn into the field. At this point The Wallybrain is clearly already on the wrong side of the road as you can see so tractor driver should have seen that in his mirror and should not have proceeded.

Judging by Wallybrains speed he did not join the slow convoy behind the truck plus whatever other vehicles are behind the truck, he saw the slow traffic, saw the gap and went for it instead of waiting for the situation to develop.

Also - at the point of overtaking the van, his/her path is not free from any obstruction - i.e. the tractor already started the maneuver. (10.2.a)

I think I am right in saying this is counted as a series of overtaking maneuvers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

can we make this a seperate thread like the covid one ? cos this is gonna go on for years ...

can we make this a seperate thread like the covid one ? cos this is gonna go on for years ...

Sorry, was just trying to post an interesting video *runs off sobbing*

*peeks back*
    no?
    ah well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Number 56 is a Doozy but not a crash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Number 56 is a Doozy but not a crash