Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam videos thread 3.4 (embedded car dash-cams only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭baldshin

Pedestrians of Galway, still unaware how roads work, followed by yellow van man, unaware how roads work, nearly caught the side of me. Video is cut as it's a separate clip on the dash cam but had to move to the left to avoid a colision.

And 2 eejits in Limerick forcing their way on to a main road.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

I guess all the cyclists will be 100% behind the cyclist here, but roaring abuse at this motorist, calling them a fooking muppet, was a bit much :rolleyes:.

As can be seen from the GPS speed in the lower corner, this motorist was travelling very slowly throughout, afforded the first cyclist acres of space as they passed, waited patiently behind the second cyclist etc. & was moving at between 15km/h & 25km/h, when the cyclist decided they were a fooking muppet.

The first cyclist took up correct lane position (rear dash cam) as they turned right, unlike their partner, the second cyclist, who turned left without signalling, then kept left although intending to turn right, but the careful motorist was the one in the wrong, apparently :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Kramer wrote: »
    I guess all the cyclists will be 100% behind the cyclist here, but roaring abuse at this motorist, calling them a fooking muppet, was a bit much :rolleyes:.

Anyone that doesn't indicate is a muppet it doesn't always have to be a cyclist v motorist debate. I'm not sure where he was roaring abuse at the motorist or calling him a "fooking muppet" though, he probably didn't realise the car was behind him as you say the car had slowed to the cyclist pace.

I'll not mention the almost head on with the van while presumably making his point. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

Kramer wrote: »

As can be seen from the GPS speed in the lower corner, this motorist was travelling very slowly throughout, afforded the first cyclist acres of space as they passed, waited patiently behind the second cyclist etc. & was moving at between 15km/h & 25km/h, when the cyclist decided they were a fooking muppet.

The first cyclist took up correct lane position (rear dash cam) as they turned right, unlike their partner, the second cyclist, who turned left without signalling, then kept left although intending to turn right, but the careful motorist was the one in the wrong, apparently :(.

The worst thing in the video was the music tbh, the rest was such a non incident.

The guy on the bike, some marks off for not doing a decent look behind and signal. Motorist (I hate that term as much as cyclist) could have had better hazard perception (a bike wobbling on a hill, junction visible).

But nothing really happened because they were travelling slowly through a town. It's like a headline in the Sun, trying to start something out of nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,498 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Cyclist Road positioning was way off, he should have been on the RH side of the road coming up to that turn off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Mr Snow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

thats more like it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,955 ✭✭✭✭GBX

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I give up?

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    I give up?

2 cars go when the green right arrow was not green

• Registered Users Posts: 13,892 ✭✭✭✭josip

Mr Snow wrote: »

They don't need a green arrow at that light, there's no red preventing a right turn when there's a main green

josip wrote: »
    They don't need a green arrow at that light, there's no red preventing a right turn when there's a main green

oh i tought there was arrow,
    . thanks for the clarification

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

Mr Snow wrote: »

How did you manage to delete your post?

Edit - I meant - I didn't think it was possible to delete a post- but never mind - not worth derailing (further!) the thread!!!

kenmm wrote: »
    How did you manage to delete your post?

i make a mistake i thought the green arrow works.

we are make a mistake;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

How much road do you need to make a turn?

Slightly topical - is there a specific dash cam buying thread? Tried searching but not working :/

GBX wrote: »
    Slightly topical - is there a specific dash cam buying thread? Tried searching but not working :/
    There used to be one, but it got broke! ;)

I don't recall seeing a replacement thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

How much road do you need to make a turn?

Did you not see their invisible 40 foot trailer?

:p.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭AleoN

GBX wrote: »

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058051656

There ya go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Happened yesterday, driving through Kilmac and I could see a person's arm at my side window waving, I let off the accelerator to see what was going on and he started screaming like a banshee.
    There was no before or after and his driving was extremely dangerous as he continued to cut up 3 more cars and brake checked them worse then he did on me.
    The worrying part was that tanker was full of fuel.

Link broken ^^^^

Fixed

How do I do it? Every time I try I do something wrong.
    And thank you.

Worth reporting or leave him off?

How do I do it? Every time I try I do something wrong.
    And thank you.

You had the full url inside the YOUTUBE tags
    https://youtu.be/02N_gVkA4z4

You only need the
    02N_gVkA4z4
    part

You had the full url inside the YOUTUBE tags
    https://youtu.be/02N_gVkA4z4

You only need the
    02N_gVkA4z4
    part

So take out the https and YouTube part and just put the code inside the

So take out the https and YouTube part and just put the code inside the

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It should look like this

[noparse][/noparse]

Thanks to you all, I think I'll finally be able to do it.... I can't for the life of me see why I couldn't do this before....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭cpoh1

Happened yesterday, driving through Kilmac and I could see a person's arm at my side window waving, I let off the accelerator to see what was going on and he started screaming like a banshee.

Very strange scenario - are you sure there was nothing beforehand between you not on the cam? With no sound you could also speculate that you left off the accelerator to block him getting ahead of you instead of just proceeding with the overtake of the truck. Again its very unusual that you would stop like that on a dual carriageway regardless of another motorists gesturing...

Advertisement