Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam videos thread 3.4 (embedded car dash-cams only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭thefa

It’s like none of you bother to read the post that accompanies a video and just watch it before diving in feet first. It’s been explained a few times by the poster why they slowed.
    Give my post another read there. I don’t consider drawing level to someone to communicate with them in a moving vehicle a good reason but each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Wow so many keyboard warriors on here, boards never ceases to contribute....

So you would all motor on even if you see someone frantically waving and touching the side window, I let off for the purpose of looking to see wtf was actually going on, could have been a motorbike, Garda car trying to get ahead, looney person off their meds which it turned out to be but I needed to look, I completely forgot I was in 5th and that car wouldn't pull you out of bed in that gear so it took it ages to respond (ages equals a second or two but just slow)

None of you were there and it was a very dangerous situation not that I started it or caused him to do what he did, I'll have to get myself a rear cam as no matter what I'm wrong it seems.... I did not react to him when I realized what was up and let him off....

thefa wrote: »
    Give my post another read there. I don’t consider drawing level to someone to communicate with them in a moving vehicle a good reason but each to their own.

Communicate?

Didn't have a breeze what was going on and neither would you have in the same situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭thefa

Communicate?

Didn't have a breeze what was going on and neither would you have in the same situation.

Didn’t you mention you looked over and tried to make out what he was trying to say before deciding to move on?

I would’ve just kept driving as I was which I think a lot of people would have done. As I said, neither of you came out looking good.

thefa wrote: »
    Didn’t you mention you looked over and tried to make out what he was trying to say before deciding to move on?

I would’ve just kept driving as I was which I think a lot of people would have done. As I said, neither of you came out looking good.

Whatever

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Wow so many keyboard warriors on here, boards never ceases to contribute....

So you would all motor on even if you see someone frantically waving and touching the side window, I let off for the purpose of looking to see wtf was actually going on, could have been a motorbike, Garda car trying to get ahead, looney person off their meds which it turned out to be but I needed to look, I completely forgot I was in 5th and that car wouldn't pull you out of bed in that gear so it took it ages to respond (ages equals a second or two but just slow)

None of you were there and it was a very dangerous situation not that I started it or caused him to do what he did, I'll have to get myself a rear cam as no matter what I'm wrong it seems.... I did not react to him when I realized what was up and let him off....
    Well how dare you post an original video.
    /s

It should be known that even if you filmed a car on the wrong side of the motorway crashing head on into you, some posters would still say you're partially in the wrong because you were in the overtaking lane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

Since we have stopped posting dashcam videos

• Registered Users Posts: 13,892 ✭✭✭✭josip

Polish Friends to the rescue...

Well how dare you post an original video.
    /s

It should be known that even if you filmed a car on the wrong side of the motorway crashing head on into you, some posters would still say you're partially in the wrong because you were in the overtaking lane.

The motors forum on boards is a wonderful thing. You have someone ready to send you to be gassed for being in the overtaking lane for 0.05 seconds too long, but the same person will be telling you on another thread that they should be allowed go down the N7 at 175km/h because they have a 3.0TDI and it was only lightly raining.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

<not dashcam embedded videos>

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 17,469 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

• Registered Users Posts: 51,225 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Here's the good Sunday stuff from Oz :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,475 ✭✭✭Damien360

They really are an angry bunch of people.

Damien360 wrote: »
    They really are an angry bunch of people.

Definitely very entertaining though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

<not a dashcam>

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Non-embedded videos or not dashcam videos snipped

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,955 ✭✭✭✭GBX

That one at 6:20 was lucky he only got a rude awakening!

That one at 6:20 was lucky he only got a rude awakening!

Yeah, what a nutter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

ye - wtf was that - I've heard of that sort of thing in places like the middle of nowhere in some countries where they do that sort of stuff to try and rob the cars etc - but that lad looked like he was just having a kip : D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭shaveAbullock

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭JustARandomGuy

With a cameo appearance of an Irish reg at around the 2:05 mark!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Nenagh yesterday, in fairness the guy trying to direct the traffic in front of the combine wasn't doing a great job. I passed it several times and was aware it was there but he was standing right in front of it at one stage waving traffic on but couldn't be seen from the direction you were coming from. Admittedly that's not a great place to break down and at least they were trying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭shaveAbullock

The Audi had a very clear view of the road ahead.
    He could not see the guy directing traffic and it was all his own decision to advance in to the path of the oncoming Corolla.
    You can see the point I decided to hold back but the Audi kept going even though he had a better view than I.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

The Audi had a very clear view of the road ahead.
    He could not see the guy directing traffic and it was all his own decision to advance in to the path of the oncoming Corolla.
    You can see the point I decided to hold back but the Audi kept going even though he had a better view than I.

It's not that clear cut if it's anything like what happened me and it looks exactly the same. The guy was waving the Audi on and beckoning to the Corolla to stop, that's what happened me. He was waving you on too if you look at the video ;)

You absolutely did the right thing, in hanging back. I'm not debating it any more as I was through it several times yesterday and know the directions to drivers were poor and hard to see. Even if he put on a high viz it would have helped, he just couldn't be seen.

Advertisement