Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam videos thread 3.4 (embedded car dash-cams only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

McCrack wrote: »
    The Garda driving cannot claim

Of course they can..... Look at the woman detective that got a big 5 figure sum of compensation for seeing a prisoner in a Garda cell covered in his own sh1t.... Now you may say if it were on her or she got something from it but no she only seen with her two eyes..... She didn't handle him or get any on her or have to clean it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

The Garda driving cannot claim

Of course they can..... Look at the woman detective that got a big 5 figure sum of compensation for seeing a prisoner in a Garda cell covered in his own sh1t.... Now you may say if it were on her or she got something from it but no she only seen with her two eyes..... She didn't handle him or get any on her or have to clean it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭McCrack

The Garda driving executed a u turn crossing onto the incorrect side of the road causing an impact

The Garda driving has no claim

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

The Garda driving executed a u turn crossing onto the incorrect side of the road causing an impact

The Garda driving has no claim

1. In performing his duties, he had to perform that manoeuvre. So his job put him in the position he was in.

2. This is Ireland so of course he can claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭McCrack

1. In performing his duties, he had to perform that manoeuvre. So his job put him in the position he was in.

2. This is Ireland so of course he can claim.

Lol

Okay I'll explain it another way.. There can be no claim in negligence on the part of a driver (garda or otherwise) where that driver crosses onto the incorrect side of the road causing an impact

It's completely illogical to think otherwise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Did the Garda car even pass onto the opposing side of the road before he/she was hit?
    The bus had to pass onto the other side of the road to pass the car so I wonder would the bus driver be partially to blame also?

Their second point stands though. This is Ireland - ching ching for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

Has a video been removed?

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

seagull wrote: »

Looks like it. Can't see the post with the video anymore. Could a mod confirm?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

seagull wrote: »

Yeah, it had a garda car performing a u turn from stationary into the path of an oncoming bus. They looked to be doing it in the line of duty but had not lights or sirens on.

• Advertisement

Did the user delete it or did Boards get a nudge?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Did the user delete it or did Boards get a nudge?

I'd say their faces were visible so it would make sense to remove if so. Also there will probably be an investigation into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

It's on Twitter so can be found there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Trouser Snake

Ws that an ARU unit doing the recording? Going by the reflection of lights down on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Seemed like it may be something like a tow truck or recovery vehicle, lights might be orange, that was already parked there before the Garda car came up behind it.

Not a good look for the driver though, no emergency lights, don't think it was indicating, and turning across a solid white line.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Been a while since we had any videos here . . . . jus' sayin' !?

I was only checking this evening and I’ve 29 clips saved since March. It’s just getting my brain wrapped around the effort of cutting and muting them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭boardz

Couple of clips nothing major .....first one black focus on the hatching then SUV pulling out without looking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭boardz

Ok tell me I'm not the only one that thought the guy with the dog was very unlucky until I realised that it's the sound they use to 'bleep' out bad language

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

ah you'd miss italy all the same .

Classic Italy at 3:35, drivers out of the car after a fender bender and the hands going couldn't tell you the number of times I saw that in two visits there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

That looks like a typical day on Italian roads - everyone has the right of way

fritzelly wrote: »
    That looks like a typical day on Italian roads - everyone has the right of way
    based on horn volume!

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ish66

I think Dash Cams are bad luck. Any footage I have seen from one always shows accidents or something terrible happening. I certainly won't be getting one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Ish66 wrote: »
    I think Dash Cams are bad luck. Any footage I have seen from one always shows accidents or something terrible happening. I certainly won't be getting one.

Your logic and watching youtube videos of said owners makes perfect sense

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ish66

fritzelly wrote: »
    Your logic and watching youtube videos of said owners makes perfect sense
    :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Same incident captured by two different cam cars.

First one is horrific enough. The second one makes it even worse. Driver had no licence and was charged with dangerous driving. Also, according to the comments, it is legal to cross the hatched markings to leave the road.

• Advertisement

What a dick move, on so many levels.
    The cops should throw the book at him!

Advertisement