Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam videos thread 3.4 (embedded car dash-cams only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

I loved The sound track and a word to the guards, sit outside Hacketts Family butchers and catch the red light breakers

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Not sure was the driving or the soundtrack more infuriating.

If I put normal music on it, they'd go after me on copyright infringement... so its easier to just use teh stuff you get on iMovie..

I need to find some nice free to use music, but couldn't be arsed even looking for it!!

If I put normal music on it, they'd go after me on copyright infringement... so its easier to just use teh stuff you get on iMovie..

I need to find some nice free to use music, but couldn't be arsed even looking for it!!
    Many youtube videos use the same naff tunes as well, it just avoids the sound being chopped by overzealous copyright software, I had a video flagged as the background music was copyrighted, even though the sound quality was appalling!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

music was great, but you seem to be following a gold colored car everywhere

music was great, but you seem to be following a gold colored car everywhere

That'd be the cars inbuilt cameras... they're not designed for producing top quality videos for Youtube, but rather so the car can drive itself... Too much image quality would mean too much data for the onboard computers to deal with!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭kirving

That'd be the cars inbuilt cameras... they're not designed for producing top quality videos for Youtube, but rather so the car can drive itself... Too much image quality would mean too much data for the onboard computers to deal with!

Not quite, image quality (sharpness) is if utmost importance. Over 4K @ 60fps would be common for autonomous vehicles.

Most comsumer cameras have red, green and blue colour filters over the pixels, and the sensor is tuned to replicate the sensitivity of human eyes, so everything looks natural.

The problem is that the colour filters block out some light, which is a bad thing at night.

A monochrome with no colour filter would let the most light in, but this wouldn't work for traffic light detection, or dashcam, etc.

The compromise is to leave the colour filter off the Green pixels only to let some more light in, and then attempt to calculate how much green light there should be, using the clear (all colour), red and blue pixels.

The sensor is probably also color calibrated for sign/traffic light detection algorithms, as opposed to color reproduction.

It ends up looking washed out, due to the lack of colour information, but that's less of a problem to machine vision.

Fair enough.

I know there’s 3 front facing cameras, and the one they use for dashcam gives out the quality seen above, which is not great!! But ultimately it’d be enough to show my side of the story in the event of an incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

mrsoundie wrote: »

Anyone else see the KFC ad at the end?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Anyone else see the KFC ad at the end?:eek:

From the comments
    The last clip was a KFC drive through, so they tacked on the banned KFC ad for a joke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,162 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

silverharp wrote: »
    "Delivery is extra"

driver, "nah I'll take it myself." :p

I'm not impressed by the muppet following who is obviously using his phone to film it!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,225 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

john M really needs to be taken off the road, he almost caused two crashes!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭Damien360

He is not the only one. The uk vids each and every time have a large collection of people that accelerate into incidents in an attempt to force it to happen. And then to have the neck to post those same videos in the firm belief that they are in the right.

The Polish and Russian videos usually show the same class of driver smashing the other vehicle off the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Looks like the idiots in the UK are back on the road - and I'm referring to the dash cammers

Nothing beats the Aussie vids

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

Damien360 wrote: »
    He is not the only one. The uk vids each and every time have a large collection of people that accelerate into incidents in an attempt to force it to happen. And then to have the neck to post those same videos in the firm belief that they are in the right.

my opinion also, a large number of incidents in that video we're 50/50 or avoidable altogether or indeed the cammer was just plain wrong in several.

Looks like John M is driving a big SUV type, like a BMW X5 or something, so of course, it gives him carte blanche to drive like an absolute bell end.

There's a lot of angry folk driving around the U.K. with dashcams.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭kirving

Guy at 3:34 too. Obviously the merging BMW should yield, but the cammer knew exactly the situation he was going to cause. It's as if terrible driving is A-OK once you're a shade on the right side of the rules.

Usually goes along the lines of...

1. Completely ignore roundabout mini-roundabout / normal traffic flow, in an attempt to get on the right side of another car
    2. Go nuts that the other car didn't give way to traffic on the right
    3. Upload clip
    4. Get likes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

i wonder is the 'M' short for ' emmmm..?'

emm do i drive on the left or right ?
    emmm do i drive over over the roundabut or around it ?

emmmmm emmmmm emmmmm

he sounds like a proper 'geeza'

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

One from this morning in Dublin City

• Registered Users Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Damien360 wrote: »
    He is not the only one. The uk vids each and every time have a large collection of people that accelerate into incidents in an attempt to force it to happen. .
    The Polish and Russian videos usually show the same class of driver smashing the other vehicle off the road.

Yes, but at least in Poland that's what they teach you during your drivers training before your driving test (to force your right of way once you have it), while in UK I at least thought people are being taught defensive driving.
    Looking at UK video though it doesn't seem that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,955 ✭✭✭✭GBX

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I've stopped watching the UK ones as they are crap. Oz/Russian/Polish ones are where its at.

Italian ones are decent as well.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/BadDriversOfItaly

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Video depicting a fatal collision removed, quotes and comments on the video also removed.
    RIP.

Lucky, lucky, people.

micar wrote: »
    Cos according to most motorists, they are THE menace on our roads.
    Sometimes they are!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Sometimes they are!

Jebus is that the best argument they're kids, I recall heading down steep hills towards traffic on my skateboard as a kid. The horror :eek: I've no time for assholes on two or four wheels or in general for that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭boardz

Few minor captures

1- Overtaking in right turn lane and barging back in to go straight
    2 - Dangerous joining N3
    3- Possible Road rage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ants09

Advertisement