Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam videos thread 3.4 (embedded car dash-cams only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭McCrack

A lot of these dash cam drivers seems to be looking for agro - speeding up when they see someone exiting etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

The dangers of driving in the mountains during an earthquake!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Arthur45

SuperS54 wrote: »

The dangers of driving in the mountains during an earthquake!

Lucky he pull over for 1 second just before the rock hit the ground...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,224 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Some crazy stuff in this one:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,176 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

• Advertisement

What was he driving, the other car simply rolled over.
    Whatever it was, it was strong!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,884 ✭✭✭✭josip

What was he driving, the other car simply rolled over.
    Whatever it was, it was strong!

Citroen, not necessarily stronger, just lowest nose wins.

Today, at about 8 o'clock in the morning, a collision between Citroen and Volvo cars took place on General Chuprynka Street. The 35-year-old driver of the first car was charged under Art. 124 (Violation of traffic regulations, which led to an accident) KUpAP. Fortunately, the 36-year-old driver of the Volvo car was not injured, despite the fact that his car was thrown on the roof. We urge all road users to respect each other on the road!

Today, at about 8 o'clock in the morning, a collision between Citroen and Volvo cars took place on General Chuprynka Street. The 35-year-old driver of the first car was charged under Art. 124 (Violation of traffic regulations, which led to an accident) KUpAP. Fortunately, the 36-year-old driver of the Volvo car was not injured, despite the fact that his car was thrown on the roof. We urge all road users to respect each other on the road!
    Interesting, different rules there, in most countries if the road is wide enough for two cars to pass when there are vehicles parked on the side it is perfectly legal to keep on going.
    The Volvo driver decided to take the whole road, a few seconds earlier the driver passed another car that moved over.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

Interesting, different rules there, in most countries if the road is wide enough for two cars to pass when there are vehicles parked on the side it is perfectly legal to keep on going.
    The Volvo driver decided to take the whole road, a few seconds earlier the driver passed another car that moved over.

yes I agree. The Citroen was pretty much stopped on the collision and already in the gap , yet he got booked!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,884 ✭✭✭✭josip

It's Lviv, Ukraine (or Poland if you're old enough :)), so it just means the Volvo driver paid the police more than the Citroen driver.

It's hard to see with the potatocam the guy is using, but the centre of the street was marked (at least in 2015) and the cammer was definitely partially on the other side of it.
    https://www.google.com/maps/@49.8265142,24.0028827,3a,75y,225.62h,94.12t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sRqNTKMhxblMmh8zSS5qYxg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Top right hand side - was absolutely pinned to the back of the car in front, with the tolltag.
    Often the tag is misread or the barrier slow/faulty or fails to lift, forcing a car to slow & exit the tolltag lane. Should the front car have hesitated, let alone braked, a collision would have been certain.

To save €1.90 :mad:.

The thing to do there is to pull out last second and leave them in the express lane. Your tag will work on any of the lanes anyway, had to do it a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

The thing to do there is to pull out last second and leave them in the express lane. Your tag will work on any of the lanes anyway, had to do it a few times.

Don't like when it happens but up to the toll people to stop it.

Mimon wrote: »
    Don't like when it happens but up to the toll people to stop it.
    Short of employing a driver to chase the toll dodgers with a pursuit vehicle, their options are limited.
    You can't rely on number plates for identity as they're most probably cloned.

The alternative would be to build double ended toll roads where the vehicles pay to enter and display to exit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭Damien360

I have across another version of this on the unmanned booths at exits on M4 just after the service station exit going Dublin bound. Guy pulls up to booth and sits there waiting for my car to get in range with tag to open the gate and let him through. I sit just before the concrete starts on booth and make him pay his way. Have it on dash cam.

Damien360 wrote: »
    I have across another version of this on the unmanned booths at exits on M4 just after the service station exit going Dublin bound. Guy pulls up to booth and sits there waiting for my car to get in range with tag to open the gate and let him through. I sit just before the concrete starts on booth and make him pay his way. Have it on dash cam.

I’ve one the same myself, think it was Drogheda NB on the M1 where someone pulled in front of me and tried to slow enough that they’d go through instead of me. Was heavy enough on the brake that they had to pull out of it in the end. I get it loads in the work van because people know 9/10m times they have a tag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭granturismo

Kramer wrote: »
    Top right hand side - was absolutely pinned to the back of the car in front, with the tolltag.
    Often the tag is misread or the barrier slow/faulty or fails to lift, forcing a car to slow & exit the tolltag lane. Should the front car have hesitated, let alone braked, a collision would have been certain.

To save €1.90 :mad:

Is that a Garda car at 0.15 seconds, top of the screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭whizbang

I see it all the time Particularly on M1. I end up staying in left lane until last second.

Although I can almost predict the car/driver type beforehand..

• Registered Users Posts: 82,337 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Kramer wrote: »

To save €1.90 :mad:.
    If they go to that effort to avoid paying €1.90 you can be pretty much sure they are uninsured, otherwise I'd put the anchors on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Is that a Garda car at 0.15 seconds, top of the screen?

Nope, just a randomer.

I once had a youngish blonde (female :pac:) in a newish enough BMW, dart right across in front of me, into the tolltag lane on the M7, to try to get through the barrier once my tag was read/lifted it. I foiled her plan but you could see she regularly did it.

Maybe it's just for the craic for some people?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 AIRMiNet

Am I at fault here? Wide angle lens FOV makes objects appear farther than they actually are.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

AIRMiNet wrote: »
    Am I at fault here? Wide angle lens FOV makes objects appear farther than they actually are.

Only one arsehole there and its not you - wild west Donegal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭Damien360

Not even remotely at fault. That’s some asshole.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

A Prius, a Prius actually using the go go pedal I'm shocked.....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I’d be straight to the Guards with that video, and follow it through with them.

Don’t let that asshole get away with that.

Id just move on than running to the Gardai tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

I’d be straight to the Guards with that video, and follow it through with them.

Don’t let that asshole get away with that.

+1 The guards can be very quick to prosecute speeders for dangerous driving on motorways etc but the likes of brake checking should face as stiff a penalty for deliberately trying to endanger others. That Prius driver needs a serious talking to and no use of indicator either.

McCrack wrote: »
    Id just move on than running to the Gardai tbh

B0ll0x to that....

What if that was your elderly mother driving?, or your wife?, and what if the car didn't have a dashcam? That idiot brake checks, and if someone (without a dashcam) runs into the back of them, it's going to be their fault all day long despite what anyone says...

That d1ckhead needs a phone call from, or a knock on his door from the Gardai, and to be told what he did was absolutely unacceptable....

Even for it to just be recorded on PULSE, so if he is ever rear ended, the Guards will know that he has form for brake checking...

What if the dash cam driver didn't start flashing incessantly at the Prius when it overtook them? What would have happened then?

• Advertisement

McCrack wrote: »
    What if the dash cam driver didn't start flashing incessantly at the Prius when it overtook them? What would have happened then?

Hi McCrack, how are you finding the Prius? are they as economical as they claim?

Advertisement