Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam videos thread 3.4 (embedded car dash-cams only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Anyone remember when dashcam videos used to be posted in this thread?

Anyway here we go:

You might want to put it on mute though as Ozzy Man's British cousin gives too much live commentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

bazz26 wrote: »
    You might want to put it on mute though as Ozzy Man's British cousin gives too much live commentary.

I only saw this bit of your post after 2 minutes when I stopped watching the video because that guy is about as annoying as itchy balls.....

...and even knowing now what I know, I'm still not going back to watch the rest of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

bazz26 wrote: »
    Anyone remember when dashcam videos used to be posted in this thread?

Anyway here we go:

like watching paint dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Really boring stuff anyway - wasted 10 mins on that

fritzelly wrote: »
    Really boring stuff anyway - wasted 10 mins on that
    I quit after about two minutes....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

around the 7:10 mark, can't tell but looks to me like the car on the right was merging in turn and it was the Mini trying to block the lane

• Registered Users Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

You see a lot of the of the same stuff on the Aussie channel but it's always interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭bladespin

Wonder how that happened???

• Registered Users Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

bladespin wrote: »
    Wonder how that happened???

I’ll tell you exactly what happened;

Someone driving along at 95 in a 100 km/h zone saw the speed camera van ahead so dropped the anchor, and the Tesco truck was was following too close behind had no chance to slow down and ran into the back of the car..

A nice €25,000 settlement for the car driver because of whiplash should suffice. Or are the judges now awarding more appropriate settlements yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭bladespin

I’ll tell you exactly what happened;

Kinda guessed, safe for motorways they say lol, yes - know the van didn't cause it directly but....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

DaveyDave wrote: »
    You see a lot of the of the same stuff on the Aussie channel but it's always interesting.

The last guy cracked me up

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Bit of swearing in this (from a shocked better half), quality YouTube turns it into is shocking, but even filmed with a potato I think you can probably spot the minor driving error.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Pity the plate can't be seen in that one, they shouldn't be on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭BobbyMalone

Pity the plate can't be seen in that one, they shouldn't be on the road.

It's readable (not sure if we can post regs here, so I won't), but I'm guessing a UK reg - can the gardaí do anything with that? The UK police seem to be happy enough to issue fines based on video evidence, even notifying the people who videoed it of the outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,955 ✭✭✭✭josip

That could have been horrible, straight to the guards/PSNI with that one.

https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/

I won't post the reg in searchable text, but here's a pic of confirmation.

6WXPHwp.png

Mods can delete the embed if not allowed, but since the reg is already visible in Youtube I doubt if there's an issue.

Bit of swearing in this (from a shocked better half), quality YouTube turns it into is shocking, but even filmed with a potato I think you can probably spot the minor driving error.

If you open the vid in Youtube and click the settings cog you can force it to be played at the highest quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭chooseusername

Worst part was indecision, whether to brake and pull back in
    or floor it , but probably still in top gear so looks like did a bit of both.
    Bus will have a cam as well so driver may have reported it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,983 ✭✭✭kirving

Absolutely zero excuse for that. This wasn't someone who made a momentary bad decision and was caught out. Clearly someone who does that kind of thing day in day out.

If that was an Irish car in the UK and the police got that video, they'd have it on an ANPR hit list. Not sure we can do the same here, but should be reported just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

please report that to the guards, that's an everyone involved is dead accident waiting to happen

please report that to the guards, that's an everyone involved is dead accident waiting to happen

Yeah, my wife is calling into the Garda station after collecting the kids.

• Advertisement

I emailed Northants traffic police with the link earlier.
    They might at least 'ave a word'.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Yeah, my wife is calling into the Garda station after collecting the kids.

Call traffic watch.

It's very hit and miss calling in, usually poor imo

josip wrote: »
    I emailed Northants traffic police with the link earlier.
    They might at least 'ave a word'.

Is that where that car is from? My home county ffs.

Is that where that car is from? My home county ffs.
    Any vehicle reg that starts with a K was originally registered in the East midlands/Luton area.

Any vehicle reg that starts with a K was originally registered in the East midlands/Luton area.

K with an M-Y second letter is from Northants according to Wikipedia.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_registration_plates_of_the_United_Kingdom

Of course it could have been sold on anywhere else since.

I've learned something about UK regs today :)

K with an M-Y second letter is from Northants according to Wikipedia.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_registration_plates_of_the_United_Kingdom

Of course it could have been sold on anywhere else since.

I've learned something about UK regs today :)
    Yeah, Northants is part of the East Midlands, A to L would be the southern end of the area including Luton.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Worst part was indecision, whether to brake and pull back in
    or floor it , but probably still in top gear so looks like did a bit of both.
    Bus will have a cam as well so driver may have reported it.

He won't have. Drive a bus or truck on Irish roads everyday and incidents like this and worse are a very regular occurrence.

You quickly learn that reporting bad drivers, even the dangerous ones is just a waste of your own time and will also make you vey unpopular with supervisors and management due to creating extra work for them.

Something would have to be exceptionally bad to bother and as bad as that was it would only be a 5 or 6 on the crazy scale.

If it doesn't involve a collision, an insurance claim or a request from the Garda it's a fair bet it won't be downloaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

That could have been horrible, straight to the guards/PSNI with that one.

https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/

I won't post the reg in searchable text, but here's a pic of confirmation.

6WXPHwp.png

Mods can delete the embed if not allowed, but since the reg is already visible in Youtube I doubt if there's an issue.

Registration details
    Registered Near
    Northampton
    Local DVLA Office
    Milton Keynes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭vandriver

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,799 ✭✭✭DopeTech

One from this morning. Had I been a couple of seconds ahead it could have been a very different video.

Advertisement