Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam videos thread 3.4 (embedded car dash-cams only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭bladespin

Bit of excitement on a bank holiday Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Always liked this guys videos, not the usual UK cam stuff where the car cam aggressively drives to help create a situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

McGrath5 wrote: »
    Always liked this guys videos, not the usual UK cam stuff where the car cam aggressively drives to help create a situation.

Nah - had to mute him, most of the clips are boring as hell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭yannakis

He's like the David Attenborough of dashcams..!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Keep an eye on the light blue almera parked in the disabled spot. Traffic warden wants a word, driver moves off and stops past red light. Traffic Warden walks up to car, and he drives off through the intersection while the light is still red.

I presume this driver will be receiving further correspondence?

• Advertisement

MarkR wrote: »
    Keep an eye on the blue almera parked in the disabled spot. Traffic warden wants a word, driver having none of it.

Uh?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

fritzelly wrote: »
    Uh?

The traffic warden walked up to the driver to talk to him, and the driver broke a red light to leave.

I'm confused, what I see is a car that has passed the stop line and the wasp is buzzing around it before they continue to jump the red completely/

MarkR wrote: »
    The traffic warden walked up to the driver to talk to him, and the driver broke a red light to leave.
    That car had already broken the red light by crossing the line.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

The red light jumping Almera had just pulled out of a disabled parking space to (seemingly) avoid the pedestrian traffic warden/parking attendant guy. When the warden followed him up to the red light Mr. Almera put the foot down. What’s confusing?

• Advertisement

You completely misdirected me to the wrong car - was looking at the car at the lights in the loading bay lmao

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

fritzelly wrote: »
    You completely misdirected me to the wrong car - was looking at the car at the lights in the loading bay lmao

in fairness he did say the disabled bay rather than the loading bay

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    The red light jumping Almera had just pulled out of a disabled parking space to (seemingly) avoid the pedestrian traffic warden/parking attendant guy. When the warden followed him up to the red light Mr. Almera put the foot down. What’s confusing?
    I was looking at the front view, not the rear view.

Isambard wrote: »
    in fairness he did say the disabled bay rather than the loading bay

Yeah but the blue looks almost silver and it was like a few secs at the beginning

• Registered Users Posts: 13,884 ✭✭✭✭josip

Colours aside it's a bit disappointing when experienced thread members don't know their scala from their almera.

josip wrote: »
    Colours aside it's a bit disappointing when experienced thread members don't know their scala from their almera.

or their Yaris from their Turbo perhaps?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

93ca02a19fc842db4ba44d09bdc30343.png

That is where he is parked and the parking dude is walking to the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

Now that is traffic enforcement!

I wish we had some of that where I live. Around here people park on the roundabout if they're going to mass or on double yellows outside the Garda station without any consequences

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Some big hits in Australia this month!

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

Some highlights from my journey of Cork-Dublin-Cork yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Tazio

^^^ seems to be pretty much the norm now.

whiskeyman wrote: »
    I could clearly see the driver with head down on phone and came out faster than it looks.

Could have been a bad start to the morning.

anyone else spot the Elephant in the room?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Isambard wrote: »
    anyone else spot the Elephant in the room?

caN't C anyThing. :p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

caN't C anyThing. :p

My old NCT disc showed expiry of September 2020, yet was extended to January 2021 due to the pandemic.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭yannakis

Ridiculous overtake from the DPD driver - he squeezed that Nissan to the edge of the road.

https://twitter.com/YanisKyr/status/1388812227608784896

• Registered Users Posts: 51,224 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭Damien360

obviously the Audis fault for being beside the truck in another lane when trucky decides he wants in

* cough *

Good god no, not again. That argument went on and on for pages. Did the mod delete it in the end ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

you know that was sarcasm right ??
    i remember that thread only too well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,418 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

My old NCT disc showed expiry of September 2020, yet was extended to January 2021 due to the pandemic.....
    but i think this one expired *before* the pandemic?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

but i think this one expired *before* the pandemic?

Yes, and right around the time the NCT centres were running half arsed tests due to post lifts safety recall ;)

So no one could get full test at that time ;)

Edit:just realized it is now 2021 so it is pushing it a bit too far lol.

Advertisement