If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips 55PUS6703 Wireless Issue

Options
  • 24-04-2019 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭

Hi,
    I purchased a Philips 55PUS6703 on behalf of my mother's partner, order <Snipped>

I installed the TV at the weekend and noticed that there was a speed issue with Netflix. I updated the TV software via WiFi to the latest version. I power cycled the TV but the issue still persisted.

I reset Netflix and that did not work. I uninstalled Netflix and reinstalled it. I deactivated Netflix and that didn't work.

The Network settings on the TV is showing 130 MBs but Netflix is only averaging 2 MBs. I opened YouTube and went into the stats for Nerds section and it is also running at only 1.5 to 3MBs. There seems to be an issue with the TV wireless card as I have tried/updated everything and the issue persists across multiple apps.

The TV is in the same room as the router. I tried Netflix on another device wirelessly in the next room and it was pulling in 90 MBs.

Can you please assist.

PS: Steve rang your office today and somebody suggested contacting Netflix and reinstalling the app. Issue doesn't lie with the app as far as I can see based in the above. Thanks.

Kind regards,
    Philip

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

philboy wrote: »
    Hi,
    I purchased a Philips 55PUS6703 on behalf of my mother's partner, order <snipped>.

I installed the TV at the weekend and noticed that there was a speed issue with Netflix. I updated the TV software via WiFi to the latest version. I power cycled the TV but the issue still persisted.

I reset Netflix and that did not work. I uninstalled Netflix and reinstalled it. I deactivated Netflix and that didn't work.

The Network settings on the TV is showing 130 MBs but Netflix is only averaging 2 MBs. I opened YouTube and went into the stats for Nerds section and it is also running at only 1.5 to 3MBs. There seems to be an issue with the TV wireless card as I have tried/updated everything and the issue persists across multiple apps.

The TV is in the same room as the router. I tried Netflix on another device wirelessly in the next room and it was pulling in 90 MBs.

Can you please assist.

PS: Steve rang your office today and somebody suggested contacting Netflix and reinstalling the app. Issue doesn't lie with the app as far as I can see based in the above. Thanks.

Kind regards,
    Philip
    Hi Philboy.

Sorry to hear you are having some issues with the TV.

To be honest this is not something I have came across as an issue with the Philips range, so this is a new one for me.

Before we go to arrange a replacement set would you mind giving Philips tech team a call to check there is not something else that might be causing this. They will know a lot more on the tech side than I would regarding the network card etc...

We have a direct tech number for them which is 0044 2079490319

Let me know what they say.

Again sorry for any hassle this may cause.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Hi philboy,

I’ve snipped your post to remove the order number, we keep all personal info off the forum which is a public space - far better to send by PM for privacy.

Cheers,

Ritz

Cheers Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭philboy

Hi Philboy.

To be honest this is not something I have came across as an issue with the Philips range, so this is a new one for me.

Before we go to arrange a replacement set would you mind giving Philips tech team a call to check there is not something else that might be causing this. They will know a lot more on the tech side than I would regarding the network card etc...

Hi Kenny,
    Thank you for the prompt reply.

I did indeed ring that number and explained the case as above. The person on the phone did not ask me to carry out any technical checks. He asked me to carry out a speed test on fast.com through the TV browser. It was 1.4MBs.

He tried to blame it on my internet provider and router. After explaining in detail why it was not the router at fault he created a case and asked me to send logs. I carried out the guide he sent but no logs were written to the log file. I did this twice with the same result. I have emailed him this result.

I'm hopeful they can resolve the issue so we don't have to do a replacement.

Best regards,
    Philip

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi Philboy.

Hi Kenny,
    Thank you for the prompt reply.

I did indeed ring that number and explained the case as above. The person on the phone did not ask me to carry out any technical checks. He asked me to carry out a speed test on fast.com through the TV browser. It was 1.4MBs.

He tried to blame it on my internet provider and router. After explaining in detail why it was not the router at fault he created a case and asked me to send logs. I carried out the guide he sent but no logs were written to the log file. I did this twice with the same result. I have emailed him this result.

I'm hopeful they can resolve the issue so we don't have to do a replacement.

Best regards,
    Philip
    Hi Philip,

Kenny is off today so I hope you don't mind me replying on his behalf. Please keep us posted with the results!

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

Any chance you could use an ethernet cable to connect the tv to your router?
    I find that it's the best solution as you won't have any wireless issues.
    BTW does your router support 2.4 and or 5ghz WiFi?

Cheers for the extra info Billbond4 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭philboy

I tested setting up a hotspot with my phone on 4G and the speed going to the app was quicker. I setup two different SSIDs for 2.4 and 5 GHZ and then reconnected and the speed is fine. So all is sorted, thanks for your assistance.

PS: The Philips tech support was shocking and of no help both times that I rang.

I tested setting up a hotspot with my phone on 4G and the speed going to the app was quicker. I setup two different SSIDs for 2.4 and 5 GHZ and then reconnected and the speed is fine. So all is sorted, thanks for your assistance.

PS: The Philips tech support was shocking and of no help both times that I rang.
    Hey Philboy.

Really glad to hear you got sorted :)

Not so good that Philips tech guys didn't help.

The info you have supplied will help me should I run up against this issue in future.

+1 thanks for posting your fix, it might help others

• Advertisement

Cheers Billbond4.

BTW any info on the new Philips models for 2019?

billbond4 wrote: »
    BTW any info on the new Philips models for 2019?
    Hi billbond4,

I haven't seen anything for them come in yet but we'll keep you posted as soon as they start to trickle in!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.