Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duplicated system

Options
  • 25-04-2019 3:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello,I started to have a very serious problem with the bank.Yesterday my account was set in -174 euro and after the midnight the amount was increased at -314 euro.This amount of -314 euro it’s coming from duplicated payments ,payments that i’ve made them a week ago.I called the bank and i explained them the situation and seems like they don’t want to understand and they try to find thousands of excuses.This is absolutely illegal and very abusive,I have to pay my rent and bills today and from my account are missing -314 euro because of the bank.Will speak the bank with my landlord?Will pay the bank the fees that I have to pay because of this system ?How much I have to wait till my balance will be corrected and if will be corrected?Will pay the bank the fees for my landlord and my bills ????????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi there RoyalC26,

Thank you for taking the time to send us this message.

When you make a purchase the retailer may take a pre-authorised payment which means they will debit the account straight away to make ensure that there are enough funds to cover the payment. This transaction may disappear and readjust your balance. The retailer may then fully process the transaction and then remove the funds out of your account within 3-5 working days. If you have spent funds in between this time this may leave you overdrawn.

Thanks,

Lorna

Advertisement