Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Talking to a West Ham and he really thinks Diop is a beast and big clubs will be in for him

I haven't seen enough to comment but I would rather go out and buy young hungry players from smaller clubs who would be delighted to join United

Ndidi, Rice, Diop, Tielemans, Ward Prowse etc

But I am sure Woodward will be in for Bale, Vidal and Boetang

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Ole says that he's going to reduce his nostalgic references to the Ferguson era.... bringing them to The Cliff, talking about the old glory days.

He has to become his own man and address the present failings.

Pogba wouldn't care less about Steve Bruce's headers in 1993 or the comeback in Turin. Pogba would care about winning trophies and having good players around him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

This game could go either way. Big chances missed by both sides. Will be a big blow if Arsenal get a fortunate win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Arsenal down to 10 men

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    Pogba wouldn't care less about Steve Bruce's headers in 1993 or the comeback in Turin. Pogba would care about winning trophies and having good players around him.

Agreed.

Although, maybe Pogba should take his finger out of his arse and start putting in a shift. We might see other players in the team raise their game if our talisman showed some desire and leadership on the pitch.

That might start helping us get closer to winning trophies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Headshot wrote: »
    Arsenal down to 10 men

I’m hopeful of Leicester taking some points from todays game. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Same with that rubbish cliche off football going in cycles. Utter rubbish. United are rubbish because of bad decisions, not cause its Uniteds 'turn'
    I feel you are talking simply about a state, not a cycle. For it to be a cycle United would need to be poor simply because its their turn, and nothing could have changed that.

Yeah that's not a rubbish cliche and it isn't intended to suggest that it's United's turn either. For it to be a cycle it doesn't have to mean it is somebodies turn. While being at the top it's hard to see a time when you won't be the best team, especially after such a long period of success. When you're eventually knocked off your perch it can be hard to get back up there.

United's problem is that there has been no preparation (ie signings) to recover. I wonder to the Board see Woodward as a success considering profits are still up? Hopefully the Director of Football job does get filled by somebody competent who can help the team.

I'm more than hopeful after the first half. I want them to take all 3 now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 144 ✭✭Marcus Rashford

I couldn’t care less what Paul Pogba thinks to be honest. The man is a toxic cancer at our club and the sooner he is offloaded to Real Wherever, the better. A disgusting human being, a wasted talent, and a monument to everything that is wrong with the modern game and at Manchester United.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Leceister should win this hopefully with how this game is going !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Leicester one up!

Go wan get in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

YESSSS

Leicester 1 up.

It’s all Leceister in this half!! Get a second please!

It’s all Leceister in this half!! Get a second please!

Get 10 more while your at it lol

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Madison, Perreira, N'Didi, Tiellemans all recruited by leicester in the last 2 seasons. All would walk into our first team.

Weepsie wrote: »
    Madison, Perreira, N'Didi, Tiellemans all recruited by leicester in the last 2 seasons. All would walk into our first team.

Walking is something our team are great at in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Big boost for us if Leicester hold on for the win. If we win our last three then Arsenal can't finish ahead of us. And you'd think there's a decent chance of Chelsea dropping points against Leicester or Watford.

I’m going to be pissed off if we don’t beat Chelsea today. I don’t care if it’s a boring shít show of a game with a deflected offside goal giving us the winner, I just want that win.

2-0 Leicester. Noice.

• Advertisement

Get in :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Jamie Vardy would be a great 3rd option to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

United just need a 5-0 win later to get 4th place.

Maybe pigs with foot and mouth disease can fly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Jamie Vardy would be a great 3rd option to have.

wouldnt want him anywhere near our club

todays again is even bigger now

what a huge huge game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Our form is even more maddening when you see how Arsenal have imploded. I don't really have any confidence in us getting the points to make top 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

We've got a golden opportunity today, any United players not applying themselves fully today should be booted out of the club.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

RobertKK wrote: »
    United just need a 5-0 win later to get 4th place.

Maybe pigs with foot and mouth disease can fly...

I would be delighted with a scrappy 1-0 win and take my chances that Chelsea draw one of their 2 remaining games.

• nullzero wrote: »
    We've got a golden opportunity today, any United players not applying themselves fully today should be booted out of the club.

Agree. ****ing disgraceful if they can't get riled up for the game now

• Advertisement

Arsenal 3 down

• Funny how Arsenals form is as bad as ours and nobody talking about them in the papers

We can't turn into them

Need to stay relevant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Agree. ****ing disgraceful if they can't get riled up for the game now

If I see Pogba out on his deck chair again today I'll take to Madrid myself.

Glazers Out!

Leicester in form. Beating Arsenal 3-0 and you’d think they could cause Chelsea similar problems on the last day. Could be a nail biter for us if we get over todays hurdle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭BKtje

I couldn’t care less what Paul Pogba thinks to be honest. The man is a toxic cancer at our club and the sooner he is offloaded to Real Wherever, the better. A disgusting human being, a wasted talent, and a monument to everything that is wrong with the modern game and at Manchester United.

What? That's the type of hate i'd keep for a dictator killing people, not to a professional footballer who may or may not be giving their all for the club.

Jesus.

I'm glad we are not heading to Leicester on the last day of the season.

Regardless of form, I'd have taken this position 3 games from the end of the season when Ole took over.

If we can't beat Chelsea at home we simply don't deserve CL ahead of them. I'll be pissed off of we do win today and Chelsea don't drop any further points. That last minute Barkley goal at Stamford Bridge could yet be the decisive moment of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

BKtje wrote: »
    What? That's the type of hate i'd keep for a dictator killing people, not to a professional footballer who may or may not be giving their all for the club.

Jesus.

I have seen nicer things said about Kim Jong Un :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Even a 2 goal win today would bring GD back into it. Cardiff at home last game could be an onslaught.

(I'm just conveniently forgetting recent form)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Leicester in very good form and with City and then Chelsea up next they could have a major role in the title race and 4th place!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

How we are still in with a chance of the top 4 I don't know but hopefully they can win today . I think whoever scores first will win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

As a Man Utd fan for over 35 years,I am going to watch Utds game v Chelsea with greater interest than any previous game this season.
    Why you might ask?

Because if the bunch of cosseted ‘stars’ at the club haven’t the wit to see that all the clubs around them battling for 3rd and 4th are as inconsistent as themselves they need their fingernails and toenails pulled out slowly by vice grips!!!:(

If you have undoubted ‘talent’ which likes of Pogba and Martial have now is the time to work your arse off for 90mins against another inconsistent side and show that you can do the basics like track back and follow the runners as well as spray World class passes around.

If after 60 mins the game is level or we are still in it Ole needs to show a bit of management nous and take off whoever isn’t performing and go for the win.
    THIS iS MANCHESTER UTD!

• Advertisement

Great result, hope United can capitalise on it. If Chelsea win it’s game over really for the CL!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Funny how Arsenals form is as bad as ours and nobody talking about them in the papers

We can't turn into them

Need to stay relevant

You already have. Finished above Arsenal once in the post Fergie era. Both clubs are in a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Lads any ideas if there's a radio station covering the game today? Not sure I'll be in position to watch it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Lads any ideas if there's a radio station covering the game today? Not sure I'll be in position to watch it.

Newstalk should have it after the city game

• You already have. Finished above Arsenal once in the post Fergie era. Both clubs are in a mess.

Fair point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Great result, hope United can capitalise on it. If Chelsea win it’s game over really for the CL!

And hopefully Ole's reign.

Yeah, cause that makes sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

:eek:

I've seen people have little patience with new managers in recent times but christ the man hasn't had a single window as boss yet!

• The only one that should be sacked is Woodward

But he's the Glazers poster boy for dollars

Here’s me sitting at home cheering on City. I hate this season.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement