Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Brings on McTominay at 1-1 in a game he himself described as must-win.

He's out of his depth.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

S.M.B. wrote: »
    What are the chances of Watford, Leicester and Burnley all doing us a favour?

Forget it mate. We're not even going to get 6 points against Huddersfield and Cardiff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,409 ✭✭✭xtal191

Thats pretty much 9 games in a row we've looked mostly ****e, we were blessed beating Watford and West Ham

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Brings on McTominay at 1-1 in a game he himself described as must-win.

He's out of his depth.

Mourinho would have been slated for doing that. But because it's Ole not much will be said. Don't know why he's having a laugh on the touchline with Pedro in the last 15 mins and chatting with Chelsea players on the pitch at full time. Really really worried if Ole can dig this club out of this mess and there's no history with Ole to suggest he's the man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,474 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

Could see Leicester beating them.
    Watford....not so sure. Their minds will turn to the FA cup final soon.

We've left ourselves with too much to do.
    It's Europa league now.

I do hope we still finish strong and at least get 5th ahead of Arsenal. They've been so bad, it depresses me more to think we might finish behind them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭BenK

It's a bit mental we're going into such a crucial summer with Ole in charge who has at this stage no substance to back up his appointment as full time manager.

If he hadn't already been appointed, would anyone seriously want to give him the job now?

14 goal aggregate win or so over cardiff and huddersfield our last real hope... great

BenK wrote: »
    It's a bit mental we're going into such a crucial summer with Ole in charge who has at this stage no substance to back up his appointment as full time manager.

If he hadn't already been appointed, would anyone seriously want to give him the job now?

Very few but the questions need to be leveled at the person who made the decision and not Ole he was hardly going to turn it down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,005 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

GSPfan wrote: »
    Fuming. De Gea has fooked us too many times of late. He either signs a new deal or we should sell him because his head is in the clouds and it’s cost us massively.

Playing like a guy who doesn’t give a fûck and is already out the door.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

We’ve been handed numerous favours over the last few weeks and piss it away every time. We’re not getting top 4, it’s over.

Very few but the questions need to be leveled at the person who made the decision and not Ole he was hardly going to turn it down

Oh 100%, it's not on Ole that he got the job, it's just crazy that he does actually have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Lads calling for ole's head already are embarrassing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Strumms wrote: »
    Playing like a guy who doesn’t give a fûck and is already out the door.

And yet he's still the one at the end who made sure we didn't lose the match.

It's obvious that the mistakes are on his mind and anything long range immediately unnerves him now. Needs to get past it.

Seasons over so just play all the kids, Greenwood, Chong, Gomes etc

I doubt anyone would.

I loved Keano and Sparky as players but wouldn't want either as manager.

Sentiment needs to be kept out of this in favour of common sense. Based on what we've seen in the totality of his tenure, is he the right man to take United forward at this critical juncture in the club's history? No. And the longer he stays put, the harder it will be to stop the rot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Zeek12 wrote: »
    Could see Leicester beating them.
    Watford....not so sure. Their minds will turn to the FA cup final soon.

We've left ourselves with too much to do.
    It's Europa league now.

I do hope we still finish strong and at least get 5th ahead of Arsenal. They've been so bad, it depresses me more to think we might finish behind them
    If Watford somehow got a point at Stamford Bridge it would at least leave us for something to play for on the last day of the season.

This Chelsea team isn't great. We were well on top in that first half and Baillys chance was probably easier to score from than Alonsos goal.

bangkok wrote: »

Why so? It's clearly not all his fault but on what basis would you be happy for him to be doing the job long term? Maybe it will come good for him but why do you think it would? A lot of really important decisions need to be made in the summer, what has he really done to show he should be involved in making them?

Don't get me wrong I love the guy, I'm just struggling to see at this stage why he has the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭Tippex

2 (fortunate) wins, 1 draw, and 7 losses in his last ten.

Sorry Ole, loved you as a player. As a coach, we'll always have Paris.

1d129928bda208bf54188710abbba6cf4af366ec_hq.gif

OleOut.

Oh will you stop you are embarrassing yourself with this...

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Don't duck Lukaku, try flick it on.

Changw of direction that close to the line and its a goal

That sums up the fûcker Lukaku perfectly. Instead of you being a magnet to the ball in the final third you fûcking watch it. All the desire and finishing instinct of a half eaten cracker.

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    And yet he's still the one at the end who made sure we didn't lose the match.

True, he is though, paid for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Why so? It's clearly not all his fault but on what basis would you be happy for him to be doing the job long term? Maybe it will come good for him but why do you think it would? A lot of really important decisions need to be made in the summer, what has he really done to show he should be involved in making them?

Don't get me wrong I love the guy, I'm just struggling to see at this stage why he has the job.

Personally don't see the reasoning behind ditching him now. Surely has been planning for next season since the appointment.

Now after he's had the summer break and window to organise for next season if things continue like this the discussion makes more sense to me.

True, he is though, paid for that.

Ah, that must be what's wrong with him so, someone needs to tell him he's not paid to make mistakes.

Tippex wrote: »
    Oh will you stop you are embarrassing yourself with this...

No argument for him staying, no? Is there one besides blaming the players - the same ones we were told he'd revitalised and who he was lobbying to get new contracts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I was happy for Ole to be given the job during our run of results on the basis that his hiring would not be the only change to the club hierarchy.

I'm still hopeful that this will happen and if Ole isn't the guy to bring a PL or CL title back to the club at least the should be a few steps closer closer rather than further away after his tenure.

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Personally don't see the reasoning behind ditching him now. Surely has been planning for next season since the appointment.

Now after he's had the summer break and window to organise for next season if things continue like this the discussion makes more sense to me.

I mean who could've seen this happening, it's only exactly how things went for him before in the Premier league :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

No argument for him staying, no? Is there one besides blaming the players - the same ones we were told he'd revitalised and who he was lobbying to get new contracts?

Who do you want instead of him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,971 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Adamocovic wrote: »

And he has blown a big chunk of the transfer kitty on duds?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

If they had not given him a contract I reckon the consensus amongst United fans right now would be to go after one of the top managers.

Unfortunately he has been tied down now for 3! years and the board would rather fall on their sword than admit an error, and some fans seem to be on board with that.

This does not end well for us or Ole, it’s crazy he has the job in the first place.

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Ah, that must be what's wrong with him so, someone needs to tell him he's not paid to make mistakes.

No, just remind him of the level of performance required from him given his ability which he has proven in the past, which he should be proving now. It’s goal shipping mistake after mistake, points conceded due to his mistakes, looking like a competitive competition being missed out on partly due to his mistakes.

Who do you want instead of him?

Ideally, Poch. If that's a non-runner, I'd take Conte.

At this low ebb I'd take any coach with a decent CV over someone who couldn't succeed at Cardiff and is now at the helm of one of the world's biggest clubs.

• Advertisement

No, just remind him of the level of performance required from him given his ability which he has proven in the past, which he should be proving now. It’s goal shipping mistake after mistake, points conceded due to his mistakes, looking like a competitive competition being missed out on partly due to his mistakes.

Yes exactly. It's not that he "doesn't give a **** and is already out the door" as you put it.

Ideally, Poch. If that's a non-runner, I'd take Conte.

At this low ebb I'd take any coach with a decent CV over someone who couldn't succeed at Cardiff and is now at the helm of one of the world's biggest clubs.

Last 2 coaches at united had top class cv's, how'd that workout?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Club really needs a complete overhaul. They should be attracting world class people in top class structures and facilities.

We have a fairly unproven manager, no structures, and from what ive seen and whats reported a stadium nearing a renovation.
    Thats before you get to the first team. Look at the state of that defense, its bordering on sabotage to keep that personell in place since fergie left.
    Midfield is a shambles. Best midfielder off on a free, our world cup winner just walks about.
    The strikers, one is a big lump, the others lets face it have talent but dont know where the goal is and i dont think they ever will.

1 man oversaw this absoloute **** show. How the hell can he last this long in a multi billion pound company? Anybody else would have been launched ages ago.

Last 2 coaches at united had top class cv's, how'd that workout?

With silverware and a second place finish last season.

How have the last 2 months worked out under the man who got Cardiff relegated?

Anyone catch his interview on Sky?

"Why was the second half, tougher?"

OGS (shrugging): "Never turned up in the second half to be fair."

He can't work out why it's not working. He can't work out why the players he lobbied to get new contracts aren't playing for him now. But sure give him a £250m transfer kitty and see if he can turn it around. What could go wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

With silverware and a second place finish last season.

How have the last 2 months worked out under the man who got Cardiff relegated?

Anyone catch his interview on Sky?

"Why was the second half, tougher?"

OGS (shrugging): "Never turned up in the second half to be fair."

He can't work out why it's not working. He can't work out why the players he lobbied to get new contracts aren't playing for him now. But sure give him a £250m transfer kitty and see if he can turn it around. What could go wrong?

Just above relegation going on last 7 games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Woodward should have waited until the end of the season but he didn't and it's done. No point moaning about it. No point in blaming the manager again, it's the same squad of players largely and they need to be replaced.

Kids for the last two games, starts for players last game at the club on the final day at home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Not looking good for Ole, he genuine looks clueless after the new manager honeymoon period.

I got slated for suggesting that Ole wasn't actually the saviour and that as an opposition fan id be far more worried if ye had hired poch but Jesus even I didn't think I'd be proven right so quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

xtal191 wrote: »
    Seasons over so just play all the kids, Greenwood, Chong, Gomes etc

Helps that the u23 season is finished aswell

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Not looking good for Ole, he genuine looks clueless after the new manager honeymoon period.

I got slated for suggesting that Ole wasn't actually the saviour and that as an opposition fan id be far more worried if ye had hired poch but Jesus even I didn't think I'd be proven right so quickly

I'd hold off on the claim that you've been "proven right" just yet.

Like people claiming he's our "saviour" after a good spell, claiming he's "clueless" after a poor spell doesn't work.

It all depends how next season really goes to whether he was the right hire or not.

• Advertisement

• A warning lads

Nuri Sahin is making duplicate accounts and sending abuse and spoilers over and over

A luncatic who was banned from this site and there are Liverpool fans on this forum involved

Time somebody said it

He's sending Avenger and game spoilers to accounts, lucky I didn't see the main body of contents

As I nearly got caught before as It happened before with RDR2

This is going on a year now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

redzerdrog wrote: »

“Even I was surprised at how brilliant I am”.

And he has blown a big chunk of the transfer kitty on duds?

Who's to say he will?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

He forgot to PM me after today's game, I feel forgotten now after him showing me all that attention before.
    His buddy's of old are still around and no doubt keeping in contact.;)

A warning lads

Nuri Sahin is making duplicate accounts and sending abuse and spoilers over and over

A luncatic who was banned from this site and there are Liverpool fans on this forum involved

Time somebody said it

He's sending Avenger and game spoilers to accounts, lucky I didn't see the main body of contents

Wonder how he selects his targets haha

A warning lads

Time somebody said it

I thought he had just faded into obscurity like the player he took his username from

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

bangkok wrote: »

It's only embarrassing if they were pro Ole 2 months ago.

Whens the last time Rashford had a good game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,014 ✭✭✭✭billyhead

A huge summer ahead now and Ed has to back the manager financially. The problem is getting rid of the deadwood of the books first. Who would want them. We should get big money for Pogba at least. Also we might have to go for some secondary targets now what we only have Europa football to look forward to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

beno619 wrote: »
    It's only embarrassing if they were pro Ole 2 months ago.

Well that box is well and truly ticked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Woodward has caused an awful lot of problems with these players in my opinion with contracts been allowed run down it just breaths instability throughout the club.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement