Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

United played well today but again lacked the fitness and intensity in the 2nd half. The tactics were spot on and let down by DDG's mistake. Anyone using today to have a go at Ole is really misguided imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,247 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Ah nuri sahin a fallen former mod of boards

That chap needs psychiatric assessment

Rise above it mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,474 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

Liam O wrote: »
    United played well today but again lacked the fitness and intensity in the 2nd half. The tactics were spot on and let down by DDG's mistake. Anyone using today to have a go at Ole is really misguided imo.

Unfortunately with DDG, its not just that he's making errors. But that they've come in really big games.
    Take today and the Arsenal game. Two huge 6-pointers in terms of the Top four.

Crucial points that swung away from us.....and straight to our rivals.

I couldn't see Chelsea getting back into that game today until the error.

At the Emirates, once Dave gifted them the first goal it changed the dynamic totally.

A warning lads

Nuri Sahin is making duplicate accounts and sending abuse and spoilers over and over

A luncatic who was banned from this site and there are Liverpool fans on this forum involved

Time somebody said it

He's sending Avenger and game spoilers to accounts, lucky I didn't see the main body of contents

As I nearly got caught before as It happened before with RDR2

This is going on a year now

Casual tribalism and slagging aside, which will always exist once football is there to be watched, the soccer forum has gotten way OTT in the last 12-18 months or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

De Gea cost us the game today and he has been a major contributor in our dive toward the Europa League. He is the target of my fury today and this weird narrative that Olé is the problem is stupidity of the highest calibre.

De Gea is blessed he has been the best player at the club for 6 years because if it was any other player who was holding the club to ransom for a bumper contract while also costing us game after game then he’d be slaughtered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Lukaku and Pogba influential in the first half and disappeared completely in the second half bar Lukaku getting caught offside every time the ball went forward. Other than that, we'd wouldn't have known he was on the field.
    May as well have had 9 men at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

I think talk of challenging for titles within the next five years should be binned. The club is in reverse gear and needs a lot of time to fix this. United are now a top four club at best and with EL likely next season even that's being optimistic.

I'm not usually this pessimistic about United and I've been around the block long enough to know it's cyclical and all swings and roundabouts, etc but the way the whole operation is being run at the moment is truly abysmal and it hurts the soul. We are the opposite of what a well run, modern club should be.

• Casual tribalism and slagging aside, which will always exist once football is there to be watched, the soccer forum has gotten way OTT in the last 12-18 months or so.

It's gotten sadistic and weird to the point that it's getting out of hand
    Some folks need to get a serious grip

• GSPfan wrote: »
    De Gea cost us the game today and he has been a major contributor in our dive toward the Europa League. He is the target of my fury today and this weird narrative that Olé is the problem is stupidity of the highest calibre.

De Gea is blessed he has been the best player at the club for 6 years because if it was any other player who was holding the club to ransom for a bumper contract while also costing us game after game then he’d be slaughtered.

It's a sad end to his Utd career
    Ironic really as you say he's saved us so many times over the years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,014 ✭✭✭✭billyhead

There has to be something up with De Gea mentally. As he has been our best player the last few years. We really have been gifted the chance to take top 4 from the results of our competitors but always **** up. I was never in favour of giving the job to Ole until after the season was over and then review it and see if he was deserving of the role. I would love for him to succeed here and hopefully when he get the chance to make changes tot he squad this Summer results will improve next season. I would stat by shifting Pogba in the Summer though as he is not a team player and has his head up his arse. The problem is attracting top top players in the Summer. The club is a mess. TBH I would nearly be in favour of the Saudis buying the club (irrespective of their human rights record) as the investment they would bring in would be huge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

It's really horrible to see it play out like this when you think of all those memorable moments. It was a no brainer to play Romero today, no balls from Ole though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,014 ✭✭✭✭billyhead

Do you think he will be gone in the Summer? Despite his mistakes I could see PSG and Real been interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭SeanJ09

xtal191 wrote: »
    Whens the last time Rashford had a good game?

Needs to stop taking free kicks too. He is just about a better version of Danny Wellbeck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭ericzeking

I reckon de Gea has been told he's not wanted by Madrid or something and his head is just wrecked as he just wants to go home and thought it was finally happening this year.

There's alot to be said for mental contentment. 300k a week or no 300k a week.

I'm not gonna use the word drop, but he could do with a break. If his transfer isn't happening, let him finish up early, sign a contract and try and come back refreshed for next season.

Lukaku and Pogba influential in the first half and disappeared completely in the second half bar Lukaku getting caught offside every time the ball went forward. Other than that, we'd wouldn't have known he was on the field.
    May as well have had 9 men at times.

Ah ffs yeah, Lukaku was very frustrating with all of those off-sides near the end.

Not making excuses for the players but just an observation - They seem to be bollixed, and the ones who aren't quite are the likes of Herrera and Matic who have had a lot of down-time recently. To add to this, the likes of Lukaku and Pogba had fúck-all time off last Summer with a pro-longed WC. Some of our first 11 have been playing football relatively solid for 20-21 months now.

I wouldn't bat an eye if Pogba or Lukaku left this Summer, but where some people think it's 100% a mental problem and players not just giving a shít and 'not playing for the badge', I think their physical conditioning and stamina have a big part to play at end of a busy season.

Look at Lukaku, he was absolutely gassed in the aftermath of making a run within the first 30 minutes of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,349 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Lukaku being offside is simply down to his lack of pace. If he was fast enough he would back himself and not need to play on the line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

ericzeking wrote: »
    I reckon de Gea has been told he's not wanted by Madrid or something and his head is just wrecked as he just wants to go home and thought it was finally happening this year.

There's alot to be said for mental contentment. 300k a week or no 300k a week.

I'm not gonna use the word drop, but he could do with a break. If his transfer isn't happening, let him finish up early, sign a contract and try and come back refreshed for next season.
    Not sure if there's much benefit in leaving him out for the next 2 games. He's 3 weeks away from a long break so leaving him out next week isn't going to do us any big favours.

Still think Juve and PSG will be looking at him the summer whether they're flushed with cash or not.

The big worry is that we lose him next summer for nothing. I'd be happy for him to sign a contract the club are happy to offer or for him to go for a record breaking amount. Anything else would be a bit of a disaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

The reception from the fans at HT to De Gea was excellent, not sure if mentioned here or was seen/heard on TV. Plenty of singing his name, etc

His head is elsewhere and it’s worrying but he’s one of a select few I want United to keep for the foreseeable. If we can keep him til next season, get the right transfers in, he’ll hopefully stay and back to his best

Herrera is going to be a huge loss, made a massive impact today. His energy, desire, motivation etc. head and shoulders above the majority.

Bitterly disappointed with result given the opp we had. With the games left, I’d love to see Greenwood, Gomes, Chong & Garner some time on the pitch. Nothing to lose

Lukaku being offside is simply down to his lack of pace. If he was fast enough he would back himself and not need to play on the line

He is fast but his awareness at times leaves a lot to be desired, today seemed to end up as a competition between him and Higuain for the sh1ttest second half display.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,475 ✭✭✭secman

And he has blown a big chunk of the transfer kitty on duds?

Might as well give us next weeks lotto numbers !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭BenK

GSPfan wrote: »

I don't think anyone is really trying to put out a narrative that Ole is the problem. I certainly don't think replacing Ole with someone else, no matter who they are, will solve everything that's wrong in the club.

It's clear that so much in the club needs massive work (nevermind just the team/squad and its culture). But I think it's fair to ask if Ole is the man that should be majorly involved in a lot of that work. How he has even ended up in the job permanently already highlights some of the other behind the scene's issues that are there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,475 ✭✭✭secman

Ole took over a bunch of overpaid, prima Donna's but mostly mediocre players, that the previous 2 top shelf managers couldn't muster any sort of decent consistent games. We now need a total clear out and he has to be given the chance, he's on record about the type of ethics and workrate required, Director of football now being seriously considered.

3 managers sacked the last few years due to the team not performing, mainly due to crap recruitment. How is Woodward still there. Prob bases his signings on championship manager

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 144 ✭✭Marcus Rashford

Ole deserves at least one transfer window to put his own stamp on the team.

The problem is the players...in aggregate they are scum. Scum of the earth. Lazy, unprofessional, overpaid, a rabble, a disgrace.

As Roy Keane said, they threw Jose under the bus and they’ll try to do the same to Ole. It’s up to the club and the fans to see through the spin and recognise that the players are scum.

Pogba - Disgusting
    Lukaku - Donkey
    Martial - Scum
    Rashford - Hero
    Sanchez - Mercenary
    Matic - Washed up
    Young - Charlatan
    De Gea - Gone

The reception from the fans at HT to De Gea was excellent, not sure if mentioned here or was seen/heard on TV. Plenty of singing his name, etc

His head is elsewhere and it’s worrying but he’s one of a select few I want United to keep for the foreseeable. If we can keep him til next season, get the right transfers in, he’ll hopefully stay and back to his best

Herrera is going to be a huge loss, made a massive impact today. His energy, desire, motivation etc. head and shoulders above the majority.

Bitterly disappointed with result given the opp we had. With the games left, I’d love to see Greenwood, Gomes, Chong & Garner some time on the pitch. Nothing to lose

That's great to hear. I said elsewhere at half-time that given the away fans were chanting 'Ole, Ole, Ole!' while 4-0 down at Everton, that hopefully the OT crowd would give similar support for DDG. It didn't come across on TV like they were.

I thought Mata spoke quite well and honestly in a post-match interview about DDG. Didn't skirt around the issue and said he would be talking to DDG about it and then moving on. Not like Rashford's comment last week post-Everton where 'We never call each other out'...yikes.

I'm not surprised that the Spanish/Basque trio are among the most professional and dedicated at our club. This isn't a nationality thing, just from the countless interviews the likes of Herrera and Mata have given over the years. Their views on the game outside of United and their passion for football, their belief in what a football player should be, all of that. They're good guys and dedicated to the end. It will be a shame to lose probably at least 2/3s of this trio in the coming months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Imagine a back two of Smalling and Rojo playing after the introduction of VAR next season? Red cards and conceded penalties galore!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Ah ffs yeah, Lukaku was very frustrating with all of those off-sides near the end.

Not making excuses for the players but just an observation - They seem to be bollixed, and the ones who aren't quite are the likes of Herrera and Matic who have had a lot of down-time recently. To add to this, the likes of Lukaku and Pogba had fúck-all time off last Summer with a pro-longed WC. Some of our first 11 have been playing football relatively solid for 20-21 months now.

I wouldn't bat an eye if Pogba or Lukaku left this Summer, but where some people think it's 100% a mental problem and players not just giving a shít and 'not playing for the badge', I think their physical conditioning and stamina have a big part to play at end of a busy season.

Look at Lukaku, he was absolutely gassed in the aftermath of making a run within the first 30 minutes of the game.

There is no excuse I can think of as to why united players would be anymore tired then their nearest rivals, why do you think that’s a fair excuse or even why do you think that’s the case? They spent the first half of the season running less then opponents so I know they didn’t burn themselves out pre Ole!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

The problem is the players...in aggregate they are scum. Scum of the earth. Lazy, unprofessional, overpaid, a rabble, a disgrace.

As Roy Keane said, they threw Jose under the bus and they’ll try to do the same to Ole. It’s up to the club and the fans to see through the spin and recognise that the players are scum.

Pogba - Disgusting
    Lukaku - Donkey
    Martial - Scum
    Rashford - Hero
    Sanchez - Mercenary
    Matic - Washed up
    Young - Charlatan
    De Gea - Gone

Terrible and hilarious comments.

Terrible and hilarious comments.

He must really have a beef with these players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

jayo26 wrote: »
    Woodward has caused an awful lot of problems with these players in my opinion with contracts been allowed run down it just breaths instability throughout the club.

That stuff is all behind him now, relax.

BvjalOqCMAEM6gu.jpg

• Advertisement

Fans should support Ole, De Gea, Dalot, Shaw, Lindelof, Bailly, the departing Spaniards (sad), McTominay, Rashford, and the young players.

Pogba, Fred, Sanchez and Martial are a disgrace.

Lukaku just isn’t good enough, but that’s not his fault.

Fans should be burning effigies of the Glazers outside Old Trafford...£1bn in interest sucked out of the club and a corporate finance guy from JP Morgan making the football decisions.

Our enemies are the Glazers, Ed Woodward, Paul Pogba, Alexis Sanchez, Fred, and Anthony Martial. Guys sucking the lifeblood from our club and robbing a living.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,640 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

:pac:

Our enemies are the Glazers, Ed Woodward, Paul Pogba, Alexis Sanchez, Fred, and Anthony Martial. Parasites and fraudsters.

Don't forget rashford. The biggest charlatan of them all. He needs to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Pogba - Disgusting
    Lukaku - Donkey
    Martial - Scum
    Rashford - Hero
    Sanchez - Mercenary
    Matic - Washed up
    Young - Charlatan
    De Gea - Gone

Thats a pretty ridiculous comment and hardly calls for calling people scum. Get off your high horse a minute.

Pogba - hasnt been great for us, signing dodnt work, we'll recoup cash and move on if thats the case.

Lukaku - was out top scorer last season with 24 in all comps and 21 so far this season. Needs to improve his turnout as thats including CL so needs to improve. Was vastly overweight for long periods and you can still see iy now in his fitness, need to shred muscle.

Martial - Dont think id call any of our players scum, thats harsh, pretty scummy thing to say tbh.
    He's been stealing a living off his first season here and hasnt lived up to potential.

Rashfors - Been good in spurts, but just as bad as well 12 goals all season 10(PL) 2(CL) needs to improve a lot on that front if he wants to be the main man.

Sanchez - Merc maybe, but id put id down to the insane deal he got off woodward. Absolutely crazy contract he got. No where near justiyiable and needs to go.

Matic - Washed up maybe, but i can guaruntee you McTominey has learner a lot from him and he's good in spurts when played with Hererra to fo the running for him.

Young - was left out of uniyed for a long time, but brought back when shaw got injured and has just stuck around since. None captain material, but then again there is no captain on this united side which is a massive worry. With Valencia phased out, ive no doubt Yoing will be as well.

De Gea - an absolute hero for us over the years which some may forget. He's been a rock splod player for us anf we need to get behind him. Was good to hear that the fans at OT were still behind him.
    Contract needs to be sorted early in the summer, go or stay but make the decision early.
    Needs a good rest after an aweful world cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭Tippex

No argument for him staying, no? Is there one besides blaming the players - the same ones we were told he'd revitalised and who he was lobbying to get new contracts?

The blame lies with the players, the coaching staff (both current and previous) and the hierarchy of the club. I have lost count how many times I have said that Ole from the start has said our fitness levels are way off. You cannot go blaming ole if the fitness is ****e I believe this is a massive reason for the drop off we got a massive bounce due to pure emotion but without the fitness they were not going to be able to sustain it.

I think we will hear more once the plans for pre season take effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

He must really have a beef with these players.

Could be a complex issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,498 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Tippex wrote: »
    I have lost count how many times I have said that Ole from the start has said our fitness levels are way off. You cannot go blaming ole if the fitness is ****e

Is 4 months not long enough time to improve players fitness even just a little?

I mean, people seem to be saying the players aren't fit enough, that they are gassed after 20/30 minutes of a game, and that Ole spotted straight away they weren't fit enough. But he is there over 4 months now, so what has he done about it? Is pre-season the only time players can do fitness training?

I bet Ole is really pissed with the previous first team coaches about how unfit the players he took over are. Luckily he can tell them that to their faces considering its mostly the same coaches still there now...

I mean, people seem to be saying the players aren't fit enough, that they are gassed after 20/30 minutes of a game, and that Ole spotted straight away they weren't fit enough. But he is there over 4 months now, so what has he done about it? Is pre-season the only time players can do fitness training?

I bet Ole is really pissed with the previous first team coaches about how unfit the players he took over are. Luckily he can tell them that to their faces considering its mostly the same coaches still there now...

Did ole bring any of his own personal staff in when he took the job apart from phelan or are some the olders still there. Genuine question, bar carrick and mckenna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Ole isnt the only one that said it a few of the ex pros arpund the club also said the only time they seen the team dling any decent cardio and fitness training was at pre season and induring season it was mostly made up of tactical training but most fitness plans start off in pre season and continue throughout.

I'm not going to make excuses I think the players have been terrible but alot will remember how long it took klipp to get Liverpool's players fitness right. His first year or could of been two seasons they fell away near end of season because of how he had them pressing and running so if they are fitness issues ole won't be able fix them straight away.

I don't think out biggest problems are fitness I think some players attitudes are the biggest problems.

• Advertisement

Ah, here we go...

Boards.ie and the cocks..kers who inhabit the Manchester United Superthread are at it again.

Limpdick cucks obsessing about re-regs...moronic fools who wouldn’t know what’s right for Manchester United if it jumped up and bit them.

Retarded nudging and winking...bullying...no imposition of the rules about backseat moderation...a joke of a thread and a haven for losers.

With a few notable exceptions, this thread is populated with ignorant cretins who can’t string a sentence or a coherent thought together.

Pimply flaccid losers whose brains have either been injured or were damaged from the start.

I am Sean Bateman, Andrew Beef, and I couldn’t give a flying f..k what the clique on this Superthread think. You are a disgrace to our club. The enemy lies outside these walls but you’re too busy infighting and showing your stupidity.

This thread is not worth a f..k.

Back Ole and get rid of the parasites like Pogba!

Ugh who the **** is Sean Bateman and Andrew Beef amd why has he got a stick up his ass?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,713 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

lol

This is cheering me up so much, i'm laughing my head off here

Bateman is back and you and your pals are scum

I like the way you quote yourself lol

Hmm I wonder who banned Bateman, I wonder who could of been lol

Bateman is back and you and your pals are scum

tumblr_ppux4jteJ51rrkahjo3_500.gif

I honestly have no idea what your on about, but enjoy the hangover fella

The fitness is there in pre season that what it is for. Unless I am mistaken there is no big fitness regime during the season its a top up regime as the idea is that the matches keep the players fit. 2 of the backroom team recently announced they were leaving tony strudwick is one (strength and conditioning coach I believe)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

And here I thought Marcus Rashford had signed up to Boards. How disappointing...

AidoEirE wrote: »
    tumblr_ppux4jteJ51rrkahjo3_500.gif

I honestly have no idea what your on about, but enjoy the hangover fella

The thing which makes it even funnier this isnt a hangover, bateman has always been like this.

Which is hilarious

• Advertisement

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Did ole bring any of his own personal staff in when he took the job apart from phelan or are some the olders still there. Genuine question, bar carrick and mckenna

No they are all the backroom staff that were there over previous years but I know 2 announced they are leaving at seasons end.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement