Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Referencing since his agent said he wants to leave. I’m not going to debate what happened previously as I have a different view than most on Pogba which I’ve stated already.

Can definitely see why people think he should go but I really hope he stays.

Wow he has been professional for a whole two weeks, give that man a new 400k contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

beno619 wrote: »
    How did Mourinho fan the fires ? By making Pogba captain? Mourinho bend over backwards for Pogba, Gave him a “free” role at #10, played him as a left attacling midfielder, bought Matic to free him, bought Fred to free him. Carrot (praise), stick(dropped him rightfully).

Pogba undermining him last season was a disgrace and completely unjustified.

I remember Mourihno wrongfully going at Pogba when the cameras were rolling during training. Mourihno was wrong then.

Both had their bad moments, neither are completely innocent.

The media played a part aswell, constantly fuelling it by going on about it 24/7. Every question to Mourihno was about Pogba and every question to Pogba was about Mourihno.

Everyday on sky there was some comment about the 2 of them. Man Utd makes the media to much money.

• Trigger wrote: »
    He has in his ****e, he said it himself in an interview.. the only person to blame for fans turning in Pogba is Pogba himself.. he has a big mouth and he should learn to keep it shut. Dunno how the hell you could call his interview at the start of the summer professional. That's not even taking into account the amount of times he undermined his manager last year.

It's been a long time since I've seen such consistent defence of a players wrong-doings in all my time as a Utd fan.

I find the majority are new age fans but not all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Looking forward to the game today

Hoping to see some youngsters get a chance

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

How did Mourinho fan the fires ? By making Pogba captain? Mourinho bend over backwards for Pogba, Gave him a “free” role at #10, played him as a left attacling midfielder, bought Matic to free him, bought Fred to free him. Carrot (praise), stick(dropped him rightfully).

Pogba undermining him last season was a disgrace and completely unjustified.

You are ignoring the history between them if you think it was all Pogba and not two of them in it.

Buying players to free him is an unusual argument. Was Pogba supposed to play in midfield on his own? It is Pogba who gets the blame for other players not doing well? Matic replaced Fellaini and Herrera barely started after his arrival, Fred barely played.

Pogba should not be forgiven or excused for his behaviour. We can't pretend Jose did everything for Pogba either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Nuts102 wrote: »

Imagine the sh*t storm the media would start if Pogba didnt start/play

Actually you could also add Lukaku in there too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭billyhead

I dont understand why we are pricing both Pogba and Lukaku out of the market. Ok fair enough we should try to reclaim what we paid but we should get rid of both this Summer. Lukaku wont be happy being a bit part player again and his performances and consistency when he does get game time will be the same as last season. No point in having him on big wages. Same with Pogba. If we keep him he will be another sulky player like he was and will cause friction again mouthing to the press during the season and as said already undermining the manger. I would rather play a team of 11 committed young hungry players who will give everything for the jersey i.e players like McTominay

Same, looking to see the James lad. Have never seen him play before..... Hopefully we see him play right wing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Same, looking to see the James lad. Have never seen him play before..... Hopefully we see him play right wing.

Seen him running fast for Wales over the summer.

Wouldn't be expecting to see much from him this season he looks a bit rough but some players can pull an extra level out of nowhere after moving to a new club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Expectations Greenwood, James, Chong, Gomes, Tunazebe, Dalot

Reality Young, Jones, Lingard

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

How can you get the game today? Is it on MUTV?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    How can you get the game today? Is it on MUTV?

Mutv only AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

You think pogba was any kind of major influence in the juve dressing room with the likes of Pirlo and Vidal around him? Get outta town.

He may have been loud in the French dressing room but an influence is more than being loud or outspoken, the fact he also had some world class players around him to put in the hard yards couldn't hurt either. Funnily enough just like at juve. Some coincidence.

The only time I can vividly recall him being a brilliant Onfield influence was second half against City the season before last. He was imperious, for that 45 minutes. No bolloxing, no gesticulating, just grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck and won us the match.

Other than that, meh, nothing to write home about.

Taking boards as a small sample study, the majority of United fans are sick of him and want shut of him but there are a few that will defend him no matter what.

I've said it before and I'll say it again for the last time, he is an exceptional athlete and footballer in the right team, hes the cherry on top of the cream cake, unfortunately our cake is currently covered in nothing but ass cream and as such he is not what we need. He also doesn't look to care about being with the club. All his waffle about unfinished business was an exercise in raising his own profile, nothing more and nothing less.

Yes I do think he was a positive influence in the Juve dressing room. Vidal a strange player to use as an example.

Don’t disagree necessarily with your opinion on him taking games by the scruff of the neck but that’s not the point.

He’s no choir boy and he was wrong regards Mourinho but he takes a disproportionate amount of blame for whenever we play poorly. He’s not the problem. He’s by a considerable distance our best player. Creates and scores. However, you are right in saying that he needs other quality players around him (who doesn’t?). The fact is that united are so unbalanced and easy to play against. Under Mourinho we were prob the only team in the prem who didn’t press high and everything we did game down the left side. Teams knew that if you stop Pogba you pretty much blunt us.

Then Mourinho goes and Olè releases the team to press and Pogba looks a different player again. He was awful last part of the season but again so was everyone and I’ve given my thoughts on that previously too.

I really hope he stays. He’s not this horrible person who causes trouble wherever he goes. He’s a world class footballer and we don’t have many of them. If we get balance in our team, he will shine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

I remember Mourihno wrongfully going at Pogba when the cameras were rolling during training. Mourihno was wrong then.

Oh you mean in December when the relationship was completely broken ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭macslash

James starts alright. Young is captain....

No sign of Lukaku though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Pre season friendly or not I expect this to be a demolition job and United should really be putting 4 plus goals away against them.

Young still starting and is captain.

Jones starting aswell.

That right there is some of the main issues with the squad.

Lukaku also not in squad.

Oh you mean in December when the relationship was completely broken ?

Relationship seemed to be broken at the start of the season, never mind December.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Young still starting and is captain.

Jones starting aswell.

That right there is some of the main issues with the squAd.

Serious?

That starting team looks our B team. I’d say the first team gets subbed on at half time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Relationship seemed to be broken at the start of the season, never mind December.

And yet Pogba was made club captain, it's quite clear who was trying to make things work and who was making trouble.

And yet Pogba was made club captain, it's quite clear who was trying to make things work and who was making trouble.

Probably because one of them knew he would be sacked to facilitate the other quicker....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I see Denis Irwin is on duty for MUTV.

I remember after united won their first EPL (in 93) he was signing autographs in virgin megastore on Dublin quays. I was the first person (maybe second) to get to see him. There weren’t that many there which shows how popular united were back then.

While waiting for him I was trying to think of something to say that might have Denis remember me. “so , good season Denis ??” Was the best I could come
    Up with.

Very friendly guy and ridiculously good and consistent for united. Not a bad free kick on him either. God I miss the 90s

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Probably because one of them knew he would be sacked to facilitate the other quicker....

That’s how it always looked. I have always thought that when Jose got his contract extensions, he thought he’d have more authority to challange Pogba. No coincidence that they appeared to have an argument around the Seville champions league game only a few weeks after Jose’s extension. And we all remember how bad united were against Seville. That sort of performance was seen regularly thereafter since then.

Last summer was sacking or moving on one of them. I’d of preferred to put our eggs in Jose basket. I think it would of galvanized the squad and super reinforced his authority. There would be no messing with him, I also think last season would of been very different.

So now there’s a piece on ozzy the eagle. Basically an Eagle with a club badge stapled to its chest. It’s certainly not a hype sports pre match buildup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Young starts

• Advertisement

Hope Tuanzebe can make a step up this season, would be great to have another guy who was at United as a kid to come the whole way through to the first team on a regular basis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Ole out if we're not 4 up inside 10 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Man United XI vs Perth Glory: Romero, Dalot, Tuanzebe, Jones, Young, Matic, Pereira, Chong, Lingard, James, Martial. #MUFC

4-2-3-1

anybody know much about Mipo Odubeko ?

See he opted not to extend his united stay but from an Irish perspective is he going to be one of those guys who switches to England?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Martial leading the line? Interesting...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Martial has said is preferred position is as a striker more through the middle. I think he is the best natural finisher at the club too. If he is in the right place mentally and ups his work rate I could see him giving Rashford a serious run for his money.

Quandary wrote: »
    Martial has said is preferred position is as a striker more through the middle. I think he is the best natural finisher at the club too. If he is in the right place mentally and ups his work rate I could see him giving Rashford a serious run for his money.

That, and I think there’s a strong chance we play a diamond this year with two strikers. Rashford will need a partner, be that Lukaku, Martial, Greenwood or Yen Yeddar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Drumpot wrote: »
    anybody know much about Mipo Odubeko ?

See he opted not to extend his united stay but from an Irish perspective is he going to be one of those guys who switches to England?

Qualifies for Nigeria but not England I think. City got rid of him, turned down our contract as will get more money elsewhere. Not being advised the best it seems.

Don't expect much from the game if your watching, United had a training session earlier in the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Yeah 11 subs at halftime confirmed by Ole.

Players not included all have small niggles but it’s hard not to be suspicious of Lukakaus absence.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

This Aboriginal stuff will be giving Lingard ideas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Sickens me to still see young as Captain and even worse still at the club

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

That, and I think there’s a strong chance we play a diamond this year with two strikers. Rashford will need a partner, be that Lukaku, Martial, Greenwood or Yen Yeddar.

No mention for poor aul Alexis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Liking the look of James so far. The lad looks eager, fast, and a bit of flair. Matic looks half dead out there and already struggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Some one tell the co-commentator the Valencia isn't at the club any more so won't be part of the competition for the right back slot..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

We should take tips from City and do cutbacks, cutbacks, cutbacks in those crossing positions. We don't have a Chicharito who makes those kind of runs where you're putting the ball in front of the centrebacks.

Headshot wrote: »
    Sickens me to still see young as Captain and even worse still at the club

Meh.

It’s been policy for a while now that the longest serving player gets the club captaincy.

Valencia was captain last year, for instance, and barely played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Meh.

It’s been policy for a while now that the longest serving player gets the club captaincy.

It's a ****e policy

Mars Bar wrote: »
    It's a ****e policy

It is ****e but on the flip side is there anyone in that team made of proper captain material.

I'm struggling to name one

The pitch looks to be awful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Weird seeing the new goal kick rule in place now aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

duffman13 wrote: »
    Weird seeing the new goal kick rule in place now aswell

What's this actually?

• Lethargic in attack

Resuming where we left off last season

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    What's this actually?

Team in possession from a goal kick can now receive in their box

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Meh.

This true? Sounds bizarre

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement