Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

Ben Yedder put on a bit of weight on his hols...

https://twitter.com/360Sources/status/1150045891098796032?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

damowill wrote: »

That's Shaw weight lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

damowill wrote: »

that guy is desperate to replace Lukaku.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

How was AWB today and Martial?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It's an unflattering pic. Someone on Reddit posted a video of him shirtless in the physio room. He ain't fat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    How was AWB today and Martial?

AWB was brilliant in the tackle
    I think martial would have been better in the group that played the 2nd half. They played quick intricate attacking play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Papers tonight are running with Maguire informing Leicester that he wants to leave and join MUFC....like everything else I guess we'll wait and see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Papers tonight are running with Maguire informing Leicester that he wants to leave and join MUFC....like everything else I guess we'll wait and see

If there is ever a day I do not believe the papers then it's Sunday. They pump any crap out there to sell papers on a Sunday even more so then they do all week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

See Ole spoke about transfers. Said working with them but acknowledged you'd have to speak to Ed and that timing has been an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Didn't catch any the game but jesus when I checked the lineup at 12 it sure didn't inject excitement into me that's for sure!

As long as where starting games with likes of Young Jones and Lingard in team then doesn't really matter what rest Is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,834 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

As long as where starting games with likes of Young Jones and Lingard in team then doesn't really matter what rest Is!

Three of the first names who need an assisted exit. They have ‘mid table club’ stamped on their foreheads now. . Problem being there are another three of four whom that can also be said... wan-Bissaka being the sole arrival and into mid July already really might be limiting the pace of departures a bit though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Didn't catch any the game but jesus when I checked the lineup at 12 it sure didn't inject excitement into me that's for sure!

Christ almighty. It's the first game of preseason and the whole 11 was changed at half time. This game was meaningless for anything other than fitness and tells us absolutely nothing about what the starting 11 will be against Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Adamocovic wrote: »
    See Ole spoke about transfers. Said working with them but acknowledged you'd have to speak to Ed and that timing has been an issue.

Also said he’s optimistic about some incomings and looked anything but optimistic when he said it. Worrying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Gomes was very good yesterday seems similar to Mata he is small but technically very good I think he will be involved this season

Chong on the few times I have seen him he looks akward and needs to bulk up I think a loan would be good

Greenwood done well but would have like to see him up front and not on the wing I think he will get games

Any idea if O Connor went on the tour was looking forward to see him from an Irish perspective

I really hope these kids get game time this season if it is on loan as playing regularly can make a huge difference

Sancho being a great example and even Rashford if we did not have that injury crisis a few years ago he may be playing at a lower level now

If Woodward messes up this window as expected some of these young guys hopefully takes advantage and steps up

Had a look at Longstaff on YouTube which can make average players look great but he looked good

Composed on the ball and very good at passing

Scored a lot of goals from outside the box also

Looks to have the potential to be a very good player but would not pay 50 million I would like to see him signed though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Bold prediction: new contract for Lukaku announced this week

Not a hope we will wait till the English window is closed and sell him for that ridiculous offer from Inter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I'd say he's gone at this stage.

adox wrote: »
    I'd say he's gone at this stage.

I don’t understand it; selling without replacing is suicide.

• Advertisement

• I don’t understand it; selling without replacing is suicide.

Woodward doesn't have a footballing brain unfortunately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Feels like even if we get maguire that these are all signings that should of been made last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭paulbok

I don’t understand it; selling without replacing is suicide.

We have precedence with the sale of Fellani in January.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Simon Peach was on United Stand this morning. Taking this summary from Reddit.

Roundup: Peach says the subs tier system does need some changes and that “other journalists should also be tier 1” , he does watch United fan channels (lol), we aren’t just interested in buying British youth players, 2 more signings will definitely happen (Peach emphasises a centre back, replacing Herrera AND Fellaini), he doesn’t understand why we still haven’t signed a right winger for years, and there is no noise that we want one this window either, Ole was “naive” to think we was going to have all his signings ready for pre season.

Potential Signings:
    Centre backs = Maguire to join is “6.5/10”, (notable that every other target was a 5/10) José wanted Jerome Boetang but because of Bastians failure, we didn’t buy him. Maguire HAS told Leicester “he is open to explore new opportunities”, Peach always thought De Ligt was a possibility even after he was told he wasn’t joining us and he “would relish the challenge” of bringing us back to the top of world football.

Bruno = 5/10 of joining, we do really like him, we are monitoring “lots of players” (probably players we aren’t aware of) Peach thinks Bruno could drag on till the end of the window, Sporting are desperate for money, and the longer we wait, the more his price will go down/negotiations will get easier.

SMS = 5/10

Lamina = 5/10, Peach has best mates at Southampton and we do really like him, Southampton had a gentleman’s agreement that Lamina would be let go after 2 seasons, they don’t want a lot of money for him (25 million max)

Sancho = we do want him and he sounds “open” to join us one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Honestly just spend whatever on Sancho and Maguire/another CB.

Don't care at this stage, just want the signings done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Roundup: we aren’t just interested in buying British youth players, 2 more signings will definitely happen (Peach emphasises a centre back, replacing Herrera AND Fellaini), he doesn’t understand why we still haven’t signed a right winger for years, and there is no noise that we want one this window either, Ole was “naive” to think we was going to have all his signings ready for pre season.

Potential Signings:
    Centre backs = Maguire to join is “6.5/10”, (notable that every other target was a 5/10) Josanted Jerome Boetang but because of Bastians failure, we didn’t buy him. Maguire HAS told Leicester “he is open to explore new opportunities”, Peach always thought De Ligt was a possibility even after he was told he wasn’t joining us and he “would relish the challenge” of bringing us back to the top of world football.

Bruno = 5/10 of joining, we do really like him, we are monitoring “lots of players” (probably players we aren’t aware of) Peach thinks Bruno could drag on till the end of the window, Sporting are desperate for money, and the longer we wait, the more his price will go down/negotiations will get easier.

SMS = 5/10

Lamina = 5/10, Peach has best mates at Southampton and we do really like him, Southampton had a gentleman’s agreement that Lamina would be let go after 2 seasons, they don’t want a lot of money for him (25 million max)

Sancho = we do want him and he sounds “open” to join us one day.

A reminder, these are the transfer links of the worlds biggest club which desperately needs a squad overhaul after 5 years of unacceptable performance.

Farcically inadequate at every level.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Duane Dibbley

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Honestly just spend whatever on Sancho and Maguire/another CB.

Don't care at this stage, just want the signings done

I’d like to see us sign Sancho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Drumpot wrote: »
    Feels like even if we get maguire that these are all signings that should of been made last season.

Yep. We need to address last summers failings (CB, RW, CM) before we get near addressing this summers issues (Matić aging, Fellaini & Herrera leaving, possibly Lukaku and/or Pogba leaving).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

A deal that should have been done last summer seems to be almost done a year late, 80 million, 60 million up front, the most expensive defender in the world.

There’s no doubt he’s an improvement on what we have, but I hope he lives up to that price.

Duncan Castles saying a Maguire deal agreed. 60m + 20m.

Now, not the most repituable of sources, but still....

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Duncan Castles saying a Maguire deal agreed. 60m + 20m.

Now, not the most repituable of sources, but still....

And one thought this summer couldnt get any worse.

You might as well of stuck with Smalling as first pick tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Headshot wrote: »
    And one thought this summer couldnt get any worse.

You might as well of stuck with Smalling as first pick tbh

Nah, Maguire is better than Smalling, Jones, Rojo without question. Similar level to Lindelof, the two of them will work well together I reckon

Is he worth £80mil? No chance but I’d rather money spent on players improving the starting eleven than lining the pockets of the owners

Going into next year with a backline of....

Shaw - Maguire - Lindelof - AWB

....would be the most solid backline we've had since Fergie left.

I've not seen a tonne of Maguire, so I find it hard to discern if a lot of the criticism is caused by genuine issues from people who have watched him extensively, or just people who wanted a more exotic name brought in.

As Father says though, I'm thrilled to see investment into the defense. The fact we've been after him for over a year makes me think the scouting department really like what they see. He was always going to be more expensive than AWB too, who was less experienced, shorter contract, smaller team, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Was there any more news on Shaw injury yesterday?

I only see the Maguire links in The Sun when I stuck his name into google so I'll not grt excited yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

It’s all over twitter that a deal has been made

If we sign mcguire surely we will sell a cb or 2 we must have 6 senior ones at this stage

pjohnson wrote: »
    I only see the Maguire links in The Sun when I stuck his name into google so I'll not grt excited yet.

https://twitter.com/IndyFootball/status/1150397880403976193?s=19

Now onto the next one.

Midfielders please!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

I hope the reports are true. Harry Maguire will 100% improve our defence significantly. Yes the fee is exorbitant but the club can comfortably afford it. We desperately needed a very good centre back and Harry Maguire is definitely that.

I'm still not getting the hopes up until the BBC have it though!

• Advertisement

Now onto the next one.

Hold on there nelly we need to confirm this yet. Few more days and probably twists to go yet. I've seen to many transfers get fcuked up to get carried away.

Some where Jose must be laughing his hole off

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Rossi IRL wrote: »

Well this is starting to look promising

Leicester Mercury reporting it too :P

It’s done.

Weirdly, everyone will frame it as an 80m Deal. I wonder what the 20m add ons look like. I presume they are achievable in Leicester’s eyes, but 60m up front is fine, and if he achieves the add ons, I’d presume everyone will be happy-ish by his value then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Good ****ing Christ but that is silly money for a centre half who is terrible when having to defend facing his own goal.

Howson saying now Tunazabe is off to Villa on loan too.

• Headshot wrote: »
    Some where Jose must be laughing his hole off

You rang?

tenor.gif

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Good ****ing Christ but that is silly money for a centre half who is terrible when having to defend facing his own goal.

He's just not good enough for the level utd want to get back to. It totally smells of a panic buy as they know they desperately needed a CB and their main targets didnt want to come and just settled on Maguire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

£45 million for Lewis fùcking Dunk.

The sooner the arse falls out of football, the better. This feels like a bizarre Fifa career sim.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement