Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I reckon Sanchez would have had to be let go where-ever on a free transfer.

Who would take him? He wouldn't take a pay cut and would want a sizeable sign on if it's for free.

I'd say only way would be a move on loan for 2 seasons for a loan fee while United continue to pay wages. Similar to James Rodriguez at Bayern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

He should 100% be competing on merit of play with everyone else. If he is good enough to play then he gets time, if he continues to be rubbish then leave him out of the squad.

Agreed. I just want to highlight the above and say that this should apply to everyone, regardless of reputation, potential, transfer fee, history, salary, media profile, speculation or any other factor. This should apply to whoever is made captain, whoever is in the leadership group, whoever is in amongst the reserves, everyone. Nobody should be beyond sitting in the stands if there is someone performing better in training. United have around 30 senior professionals; they can't all play every game, but they should all be training knowing that there are several others only dying to start the next game, and they're all doing what they can to earn that spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,332 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

8-10 wrote: »
    Who would take him? He wouldn't take a pay cut and would want a sizeable sign on if it's for free.

I'd say only way would be a move on loan for 2 seasons for a loan fee while United continue to pay wages. Similar to James Rodriguez at Bayern.

He would be let go on a free so that the club signing him would have a better ability to match the contract he was on. So weekly wages could be lower but the transfer fee he 'could' have been worth is then put to a signing on fee that covers a percentage of the wages lost.

He would be let go on a free so that the club signing him would have a better ability to match the contract he was on. So weekly wages could be lower but the transfer fee he 'could' have been worth is then put to a signing on fee that covers a percentage of the wages lost.

I just think you need him in the shop window for someone to take that on. Loan-to-buy would be much more palatable for European teams

I just think you need him in the shop window for someone to take that on. Loan-to-buy would be much more palatable for European teams

and I'd have no issue with that. I just want him gone. along with Jones, Rojo, and Darmian

and I'd have no issue with that. I just want him gone. along with Jones, Rojo, and Darmian

I'd be happy for you to sell Darmian, always plays a blinder against us! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Lukaku not in squad so......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭irishchris

Makes no sense to not at least try to get the real Alexis ticking in the team. He's getting paid enough and he's got the ability and Lukaku might leave so pre-season games should be looking at what Alexis would look like as the main man

Would be worth giving him a shot in preseason to see how he performs in this setup as main striker but hard to do that when he has a hamstring injury (again!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

DM_7 wrote: »
    Lukaku not in squad so......

The face on everybody when we sell Lukaku, buy nobody else, and end our "great rebuild Summer" with a net spend of £0 :pac:

• Advertisement

Rossi IRL wrote: »

Sadly this is probably our strongest team at the minute with exception of gk. Why is de gea not featuring so far in preseason?

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

irishchris wrote: »
    Sadly this is probably our strongest team at the minute with exception of gk. Why is de gea not featuring so far in preseason?

You are correct. Headline is Lukaku not in squad but neither is De Gea. De Gea didnt play any minutes vs Perth. This is hugely worrying now. Second start for Romero and Joel on the bench

Ole mentioned that De Gea was ill this morning and that's why he is out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭kerplun k

I'm still not sold on Maguire. For me it's a bit like wanting a cold ice cream on a hot summers day. You know your getting ripped off by the extortionate price, yet you still want it.

According to solkjaer just there, de gea feel ill and will play again inter. However he said the same about lukaku would be playing this game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

kerplun k wrote: »
    I'm still not sold on Maguire. For me it's a bit like wanting a cold ice cream on a hot summers day. You know your getting ripped off by the extortionate price, yet you still want it.

Big Iceberger head on him alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Rashford hits the post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Looking forward to this game, lively start.

• Advertisement

Yes Greenwood

We have a threat from right back aswell

Greenwood goal.
    Cracking ball from Pogba to AWB who slotted it across to Greenwood.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I love Wan Bissaka.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭davemckenna25

AWB looks like he will be a huge asset. An amazing overlap for the goal.

Great run from AWB, great ball from Pogba to his run, and a lovely dart across the defender from Greenwood.

• Advertisement

If Greenwood didn't score, should it be a penalty? Would it be called back in the PL for it? Clear foul on AWB after the cross (not an intentional foul, but still...)

Bad few mins

Just keep loosing the ball

Fantastic Rashford

Absolutely did the defender

Great counter attacking goal, break by McTom, super finish from Rashford.

Superb goal from Rashford but only thanks to that amazing save from Romero. Defence looks shakey but thankfully up front look really fluid

• Advertisement

Ole telling off Rojo for doling the keepie ups in his own half

I know it's only Leeds but we've been magnificent so far. Pogba and Rashford combining well again.

Getting my hopes up way too much!

I know it's only Leeds but we've been magnificent so far. Pogba and Rashford combining well again.

Getting my hopes up way too much!

They've carved us open one too many times for my liking but a lot of positives to take from this.

Very fluid and dangerous in attack.

Shame we're going to see another 11 in the 2nd half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Ole telling off Rojo for doling the keepie ups in his own half

Idiot. It's the reason Mata got crunched immediately after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

The way Leeds have set up they are always gonna create chances. They are committing 8 players forward. Actually been a really good workout. Have defended well considering overlaps Leeds are getting.

Also nice to see us looking dangerous on the counter.

Pogba head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch. James will get himself some goals this season. He’s a little raw still but his pace will get him chances if we set up like I think we will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

We need midfielders

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

Pogba head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch..

Pogba and Rashford a cut above everything else. I know many want rid of Pogba but he is lording this. He brings that certain quality that nobody else has

Just a shame we havent had signed anyone else to get them integrated into the team. Fernandes and Maguire would certainly add something. And another midfielder that has a bit of steel to offer the back 4 protection!! Wingers and midfielders doing little to protect them first half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Relikk

WHAT? A decent cross resulting in a headed goal? :pac:

Wow we scored from a corner, 100% gonna win the league

• Advertisement

xtal191 wrote: »
    Wow we scored from a corner, 100% gonna win the league

Can't see us slipping up from this position tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Relikk

Chong has been lively the past 10 minutes. Nice feet in winning in the penalty. Martial tucked it away nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Big fan of gomes the last 2 games,small in size but very mobile and quick with the ball.very like mata in terms of play

As for lingard,he's been shocking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

If Pogba played out of his skin, Maguire did a VVD and Rashford got 25 goes, would we win the league?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Is it any surprise that Pogba is playing well as 1 of a 2 in midfield with more space ahead of him and another player to link with? He played very well there in his first season and in the world cup. As I said the other day he would be a real asset if he bought into that role again. Shame it's a year or 2 late if it does happen...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

If Pogba played out of his skin, Maguire did a VVD and Rashford got 25 goes, would we win the league?

No, but we would get top 4 comfortably imo.

City and LFC are about 2 years ahead of us squad wise, probably more than that for city given the depth they have.

Lingard really is rubbish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

xtal191 wrote: »
    Lingard really is rubbish

He's never matured as a player (or as a person).

One of the youngsters could play the role he does for a lot less money

Relikk wrote: »
    Chong has been lively the past 10 minutes. Nice feet in winning in the penalty. Martial tucked it away nicely.

Thought he was found lacking outside of that brief period. Think he's a year or two away from being ready, could definitely do with building up his strength.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭paulbok

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement