Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Škriniar has been rubbish. #headshot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,247 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Good defending by Eric Bailly

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Fred has been OK since he came on

Always had high hopes for Pereira but the more I watch him the less I see him playing for us in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,710 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Škriniar has been rubbish. #headshot

lol how childish are you :D

hastag preseason hastag

what ever the cool kids say these days lol

Pereira letting skriniar know he will have to take it if he is gonna give it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Like to see that from our players. We’ve had a soft belly last few years. Like to see a bit of bite. Fred been handy when you consider he’s only back training.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Deserved win, better side throughout.

Greenwood the difference. Hope we see more of him in pre season to stake a claim for the season.

He's a special talent.

• Deserved win, better side throughout.

Greenwood the difference. Hope we see more of him in pre season to stake a claim for the season.

He's a special talent.

Hungrier, as I said the type of player putting the overpaid likes of Martial / Lingard to shame

Feck putting em on lone, leave them at it and put the other lazies on the bench

• Just re-watched the track back from AWB
    Fantastic pace and a brilliantly timed challenge

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭adox

Inter were filthy the whole game. Blame the ref for letting them away with it. Some shocking challenges. Hopefully no injuries from that.

Greenwood shows a lot of our forward line up and makes it look easy. At 17!

Chong the most impressive I’ve seen him look until he was kicked off the pitch.

I reckon Bassaka is going to show Shaw’s defensive side up this season. He stops so many balls coming in and that’s crucial for us from a defensive point of view, where we really struggle under the high ball and have a keeper that rarely leaves his line and when he does looks useless. Shaw tends to stand off the attacker and the cross comes in more often than not.

Not gonna talk about transfers or lack of them cause sick of it at this stage.

Hungrier, as I said the type of player putting the overpaid likes of Martial / Lingard to shame

Feck putting em on lone, leave them at it and put the other lazies on the bench

Please explain how lingard shows a lack of hunger?

One of the hardest working players we have, imo. He lacks in other aspects. But to criticise his effort or hunger is way off.

I feel people equate a lack of ability or subjective quality as a lack of effort.

On a side note I see Martial getting a lot of criticism but I thought, especially in the second half, it was the most running and pressing I’ve seen from him when not in possession.

• Please explain how lingard shows a lack of hunger?

One of the hardest working players we have, imo. He lacks in other aspects. But to criticise his effort or hunger is way off.

I feel people equate a lack of ability or subjective quality as a lack of effort.

Cool story :pac:

adox wrote: »
    On a side note I see Martial getting a lot of criticism but I thought, especially in the second half, it was the most running and pressing I’ve seen from him when not in possession.

I was criticising him first half but he was similar in the half he played previous game. He did improve second half today. When he shows urgency you can see his quality.

Cool story :pac:

His best attributes are his movement and pressing. It's the main reason he gets game time.

If you don't see that it's because you simply don't want to, cause you don't like him.

• His best attributes are his movement and pressing. It's the main reason he gets game time.

If you don't see that it's because you simply don't want to, cause you don't like him.

I don't agree but feel free to continue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Greenwood has a touch of RVP about him with his finishing. Also never seen any right footed players score penos and free kicks with their left. Will be the biggest bargain in FF anyway.

• Advertisement

Martial

What is our obsession with keeping him

So inconsistent

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

No CB back signing so:

https://twitter.com/TelegraphDucker/status/1152578093585846273?s=19

Solskjaer on Tuanzebe: "He's got a future at Man United, of course he has. Today was a test for him, we know he can play at that level, that's why he didn't pay against Leeds. Axel is the future of this club." #mufc

green123 wrote: »
    Why were the utd fans booing ashley young?

I know he's not very good but we have lots of players who are not very good, so why single ashley young out?

I suspect as captain he is seen as the poster boy of the just not good enough brigade.

The booing of him is horrible though, it's not his fault. It is Woodward abd the glazers at fault.

DM_7 wrote: »
    No CB back signing so:

Solskjaer on Tuanzebe: "He's got a future at Man United, of course he has. Today was a test for him, we know he can play at that level, that's why he didn't pay against Leeds. Axel is the future of this club." #mufc

I’d prefer Tuanzebe sent on loan to Villa for a season. Get used to the PL knowing you’ll be coming back to the United.

No CB back signing so:

I wouldn’t draw that conclusion from that quote tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Looking forward to seeing Awb Greenwood and Chong in the league.

Pogba will be an interesting one if he's still there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I’d prefer Tuanzebe sent on loan to Villa for a season. Get used to the PL knowing you’ll be coming back to the United.

Villa have signed two CBs so I doubt they want Axel this season,I'd guess they would prefer build a partnership with players who will be there more than a season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

No CB back signing so:

/QUOTE]
    Buy a CB and keep Axel at the club next season.Try their damnedest to flog any 2 of Rojo +Jones,Smalling or Bailly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

Id rather keep Tuanzebe than spend 90 million on Maguire, sure Tuanzebe might have a few mistakes as he's still young but its a transitional period and he looks to have a bright future

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

yabadabado wrote: »
    Villa have signed two CBs so I doubt they want Axel this season,I'd guess they would prefer build a partnership with players who will be there more than a season.

Also sounds like he's one Ole wants to hold onto for the year.

Headshot wrote: »
    lol how childish are you :D

hastag preseason hastag

what ever the cool kids say these days lol

Wouldn't mind but he's also been brilliant for Inter since working himself into the team.

A pre season game doesn't define a player. Easily looks like he's their future captain.

• Advertisement

Trigger wrote: »
    McTominay seems the most vocal on the pitch.. he has constantly been dictating defensive shapes and calling for players to get in position this preseason

I think a lot have talked about how it sounds like he sees an opportunity to become a leader in the team.

I hope he takes it. So far saying all the right things.

Solskjær: "Mason has never been on my mind to send on loan. We have to keep him here. He’s ready to be involved in the first team."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

RasTa wrote: »
    Solskjær: "Mason has never been on my mind to send on loan. We have to keep him here. He’s ready to be involved in the first team."

Sounds good.

But I have an awful feeling that he'll still be behind Sanchez and Martial in the pecking order, and will only see first time football sparingly.

You have to look at preseason with a degree of scepticism but signs are encouraging.

A lot of talk from inside the camp about how poor our work rate and running stats were last year and how they are working incredibly hard in training to build fitness.

Seems like the players are buying into the pressing style and there is good pace in this team now.

There are still issues however. Lingard is a perfect squad player but he shouldn’t be starting and someone like Fernandes coming in would help a lot. I don’t think Matic is going to last the season and will struggle when games are coming thick and fast. An energetic ball winning midfielder would be nice. Maybe Fred will step up after a poor first season but there’s a smell of inconsistency about him.

People are screaming for a centre half. Can understand it. However, I think defending on the front foot suits a lot of our centre half’s rather than sitting in like we have done a lot of last couple seasons. I think there are priorities elsewhere but I would not complain getting Maguire in.

For the love of god, please keep Pogba.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭VW 1

RasTa wrote: »

Sounds good.

But I have an awful feeling that he'll still be behind Sanchez and Martial in the pecking order, and will only see first time football sparingly.
    At 17, sub appearances and 10-15 league starts would be enough for someone getting used to the level and physicality. Also League cup and Europa games, could easily get 30 games if all goes to plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭Tippex

VW 1 wrote: »
    At 17, sub appearances and 10-15 league starts would be enough for someone getting used to the level and physicality. Also League cup and Europa games, could easily get 30 games if all goes to plan.

Totally agree with this. Genuinely he should not initially be starting ahead of sanchez and martial (especially if ole is true to his word about clean slates) yes if they are not performing they know that there is greenwood etc breathing down their necks who are likely to come in at take their chance.

I would not be adverse to a starting cb pairing of axel and lindelof. I think it would benefit him more being with us than going back to Villa.

Also did villa's owner not make a statement recently that he is not in favour of loan deals where the club effectively develops the player for the loanee's team and thus no long lasting benefit?

My younglad asking for greenwood or bissaka on his new jersey

Doesn't want martial or pogba

Says it all two exciting young players

More from Solskjær
    Mason's never been on my mind to send on loan, he's one that we have to keep at our place, keep him playing when we feel it's good for him and at the moment he's flying. He reminds me a little bit of the Giggsy story, you can't really send him on loan.

The kid's only 17 and he's learning every day, training with these boys. He's been with us the last few months and he's grown in confidence, he's grown in stature and I said before when you've got players who perform it's difficult to keep them out.

But we've got to keep our feet on the ground with him, know that he's only 17 and there will be ups and downs but he's enjoying his football

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

My younglad asking for greenwood or bissaka on his new jersey

Doesn't want martial or pogba

Ya Im looking forward to seeing all these youngsters playing in the PL, bags and bags of pace in the squad now,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Long overdue for me we havent had a player to really be excited about for a long time.
    Just hope they dont get dragged down with a bad attitude in the rest of the squad.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Telegraph saying De Gea has agreed to a six year, 350k a week contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Interested to see how much his buy out clause will be god bless that fabled fax machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,236 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It's good news but Sanchez's contract will haunt this club for years when it comes to renewals with high profile players

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

J. Marston wrote: »
    It's good news but Sanchez's contract will haunt this club for years when it comes to renewals with high profile players

Ed has a fix for that.. Just don't sign any.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

J. Marston wrote: »

Hes the only world class player we have and the only one deserving of that kind of money. He had a poor season last year by his own standards but I've no issue with the club paying him that kind of money. To replace him and pay someone at a similar level would probably cost at least £100m anyway so it's a no brainer to pay what it takes to keep him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Hes the only world class player we have and the only one deserving of that kind of money. He had a poor season last year by his own standards but I've no issue with the club paying him that kind of money. To replace him and pay someone at a similar level would probably cost at least £100m anyway so it's a no brainer to pay what it takes to keep him.

Would love to see Sanchez come good this season. Beating him with the stick of wages is whatever, it is what it is.

Lad needs a good 2months run of games to get some form. Theres players before him on plenty of a wage that dont have the form he had that or the ability that get away.

He needs to step up now this season coming, full of effort when he was playing just needs to get that * run of a match and keep injury free

The wage demand of the club came before Sanchez got here.
    350k is bloody scandelous but thats what were paying.
    **** the wage, performace focus needs to be out on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Would love to see Sanchez come good this season. Beating him with the stick of wages is whatever, it is what it is.

Lad needs a good 2months run of games to get some form. Theres players before him on plenty of a wage that dont have the form he had that or the ability that get away.

He needs to step up now this season coming, full of effort when he was playing just needs to get that * run of a match and keep injury free

Think Jurgen was talking about de gea....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

It’s insane, but that’s where we are.

Pogba, Martial and Lukaku are paid more than Salah, VVD, Mane, Firmino and Alison with half the talent.

Rashford gets paid more than all of the above Pool players, a 21 year old with a goal every 5 games in the PL.

To be fair to De Gea, he actually was worth that kind of money to us before last season, for years he played out of his skin, which is a lot different to most of the players named above.

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    Think Jurgen was talking about de gea....

I know that, its why i thanked his post at from the get go, but sanchez was brought into his post

Edit: my apologies i quoted jurgen wrongly, was marston i meant to qoute. Think i got jurgens and marstons all jumpled up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement