Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

GSPfan wrote: »
    You’d have to believe that the selling point for these players moving to Wolves was that they won’t stand in their way to get moves to bigger clubs?

Now I’m not saying Ruben Neves is sitting there hoping to get a move to this current Manchester United team but I would think Wolves would probably begrudgingly consider a sale. The fact the agent (Jorge Mendes i think) would benefit from a sale, and he was apparently instrumental in bringing these players in, you would think it’s possible.

Yeah, I think Neves is a very realistic target. I reckon United and City could be in for him and Rice. Similar position, if not style of play. Could be United get the one City don't.

Though I could also see Barca and Madrid come in for Neves. I think PSG won't as they have Veratti. Bayern?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Civil War has the bicep shot. Ronaldo.:D

Thor in Infinity War says hello.

I quickly googled it and there’s actually an article putting these two scenes against each other. :)

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/screenrant.com/marvel-captain-america-thor-biceps-muscles/amp/

Yeah, I think Neves is a very realistic target. I reckon United and City could be in for him and Rice. Similar position, if not style of play. Could be United get the one City don't.

Though I could also see Barca and Madrid come in for Neves. I think PSG won't as they have Veratti. Bayern?

Actually now that you say it a midfield consisting of Rice and Neves would be a brilliant Summer of transfers if that happened. Both are potentially very very good and we could play two midfield players with them two and play 4 proper attackers ahead of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

'Young defends 'strong' Utd dressing room'

http://www.skysports.com/share/11704029

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

bangkok wrote: »
    'Young defends 'strong' Utd dressing room'

http://www.skysports.com/share/11704029

One thing that squad excels at is telling everybody how much they care , how together they are and how much they know they haven’t been good enough. It’s like they think football has gone like wrestling where the story/narrative from sports people is more important then the sporting element.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Jaysus after all these years I nearly didnt renew the season ticket. Sure whats one more season of hope :-P

What’s the expected valuation of certain targets if we were to go for them?

Declan Rice - £50 million? That seems to be the starting point. Not sure if he is worth it but potentially that’s a great deal.

Reuben Neves - £75 million? I’m plucking that figure out of my head but can’t see it being any lower than that.

Jadon Sancho - £100 million? Again you would think that’s the starting price.

Joao Felix - £105 million? I think that’s his buy out clause. Crazy money for him based on very little output but you can see him going somewhere and becoming the next big thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭paulbok

Took me a few seconds.

I guess I just expect more of my movies....:eek::D:pac:
    Between a Mata and a Rio for me. Will decide on next viewing which.
    Slightly disappointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I seen people mentioning Eriksen , why on Earth would he leave Spurs for United
    Some fans obviously do not realise just where United are at the moment , He wouldn't even go to Liverpool , what would be the point ? He isn't taken a backwards or sideways step at nearly 28 ,

Not a chance he goes from Spurs to a rebuilding United with a untested manager, If he leave Spurs its for one of the Spanish teams or Munich

Some fans obviously do not realise just where United are at the moment , He wouldn't even go to Liverpool , what would be the point ? He isn't taken a backwards or sideways step at nearly 28 ,

Not a chance he goes from Spurs to a rebuilding United with a untested manager, If he leave Spurs its for one of the Spanish teams or Munich

Money is the short answer. Other than that I wouldn’t if I were him.

But people in fairness are talking about it because it has been reported somewhere and he is coming to the end of his contract.

• Advertisement

He would get paid more money.

Real wouldnt need him if they signed Pogba plus they can't afford to but everyone this summer

Munich rarely spend that much money on older players (if ever)

Barcelona arent exactly flush with cash either and have spent nearly 80 million already

Its not beyond the realms of possibilities but he won't be joining us if one of them is in for him

He may move for the "project" of rebuilding utd

bangkok wrote: »
    He may move for the "project" of rebuilding utd

Nearly 28 year old who's been at a nearly club for the last 6 years is going to move to United for a rebuilding project :eek::eek:

Your fooling yourself, he will stay with a bumper contract or if its money and prizes he will go to Spain or Munich ,

United attracted Fred last summer and are worse off now ,time to get back in the real world ,

Also you have an completely unknown manger who could be gone by October and then its start again

Nearly 28 year old who's been at a nearly club for the last 6 years is going to move to United for a rebuilding project :eek::eek:

Your fooling yourself, he will stay with a bumper contract or if its money and prizes he will go to Spain or Munich ,

United attracted Fred last summer and are worse off now ,time to get back in the real world ,

Also you have an completely unknown manger who could be gone by October and then its start again

By project i mean £££££

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Manchester United are one of the world's 5 biggest teams. Have one of the top 5 wage bills too I'd nearly guarantee. You need to get into the real world.

Liam O wrote: »
    Manchester United are one of the world's 5 biggest teams. Have one of the top 5 wage bills too I'd nearly guarantee. You need to get into the real world.

But if winning things is important to him at some point in his career, he probably won't be coming to United.

There may be footballers around to whom more money isn't the only thing on their mind, that earning a boat load of money while winning things is better than a bigger boat load of money and battling with the also rans.

But yet struggling to finish in the top 5 in the premier league,

I'm not having a go but its unlikely any players of Eriksen calibre are going to join United in there current state, That just the reality of United at the moment ,

But if winning things is important to him at some point in his career, he probably won't be coming to United.

There may be footballers around to whom more money isn't the only thing on their mind, that earning a boat load of money while winning things is better than a bigger boat load of money and battling with the also rans.

You're only (somewhat) guaranteed to be winning things at Barcelona, PSG, Bayern and maybe City and Real in the coming years. Even some of them are risks. If none of those teams want him then who's next? City have a lot of players like him. Barca have De Jong and can't fit Coutinho in a lot of the time. PSG, who knows with them I guess? Bayern could be an option but then United should be on the phone to them asking about Thiago. Spurs are only barely above United in the league now and have as much investment to make this summer. Moving to United is very much not an out of this world possibility.

But yet struggling to finish in the top 5 in the premier league,

I'm not having a go but its unlikely any players of Eriksen calibre are going to join United in there current state, That just the reality of United at the moment ,

It's really not. Money talks. Sanchez, Di Maria, Falcao, Pogba, Zlatan, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

If United show promising signs early on in the window by moving on the crap and making a key signing or 2 it might show to him that we are trying to go in the right direction. Also helps if top 4 is sealed.

Why did VVD, Fabihno, Mane, Salah etc all join Liverpool over the past few years when nothing has been won?

I suppose they seen progress being made and that's something we can show by getting top 4 and making some good moves early in the window.

Maybe he is realising he can't go any further at Spurs and wants a challenge. Who knows.

The real world ain't always black or white.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

You never know, he could be obsessed with United, some folk are.

Do you not think that further years of failure since we signed those players, further upheavel and uncertainty, and the big question marks over the team now and Ole himself might change the context just a big from back then?

The longer the sh1tshow has gone on, the harder it will become to convince players that its just a blip and they'll be playing and competing for the CL with us in 12 months time, as a key player in a top side.

When the argument is increasingly becoming ' You'll be the best paid player in the world without contenting a trophy' its got to be a less appealing prospect. Sure if its just money they want then they can possibly get even more in China.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    If United show promising signs early on in the window by moving on the crap and making a key signing or 2 it might show to him that we are trying to go in the right direction. Also helps if top 4 is sealed.

Why did VVD, Fabihno, Mane, Salah etc all join Liverpool over the past few years when nothing has been won?

I suppose they seen progress being made and that's something we can show by getting top 4 and making some good moves early in the window.

Maybe he is realising he can't go any further at Spurs and wants a challenge. Who knows.

The real world ain't always black or white.
    Liverpool were showing progress when they signed Fabinho (CL finalists) and VVD. There was also progress when they signed Mane and Salah, but I would also argue that Mane wasn't moving from a Spurs level team to Liverpool and Salah was coming off one amazing season, at a club in FFP trouble so had to sell (and he would also have got a wages bump).

Not saying United can't get anyone - but signing a player from a CL side, who is amongst the best in the world in his position, is going to be tough.

You're only (somewhat) guaranteed to be winning things at Barcelona, PSG, Bayern and maybe City and Real in the coming years. Even some of them are risks. If none of those teams want him then who's next? City have a lot of players like him. Barca have De Jong and can't fit Coutinho in a lot of the time. PSG, who knows with them I guess? Bayern could be an option but then United should be on the phone to them asking about Thiago. Spurs are only barely above United in the league now and have as much investment to make this summer. Moving to United is very much not an out of this world possibility.

Spurs haven't had a home in 2 years and haven't made a signing in a season ,They now have new stadium and confirmed they will enter in the market this summer,

The also have a really really good manger,

There ahead of United at the moment no question

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

He turned 27 in 2 months ago. Why does every player automatically age a year whenever theres a transfer rumour?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

This is why the majority of Liverpool fans are insufferable. With this year as an obvious exception united finished 2nd in 2018 and won the europa league in 2017. Liverpool have won the coca cola cup in 2011/2012 and since 2010 have spent 1.07bn whilst united have spent 1.1bn since then. Contrast the trophy cabinet there after (

Not to mention in 2017 and again in 2018 you finished 4th in the league. Again you're second now, and have not won a single thing. Yet its as if every player in the world would join you in a heartbeat.

There is nothing to suggest that if Klopp is trophyless for the 4th year in succession that he might leave, or Mardid or a big team might come in an pick your prize assets in Salah/Mane away from you, but it COULD happen.

footnote. Stop talking as if you're the biggest club in europe when your trophy cabinet and success on the pitch states different.

Everyone remembers Jimmy White, but it aint for being the best in the business.

He turned 27 in 2 months ago. Why does every player automatically age a year whenever theres a transfer rumour?

If they are more than 27 they are 28. Don't you know how numbers work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

My issue is the performances we get from players who join for the money and that maybe we are getting less ambitious players who are joining solely for the money or themselves (couple years at united to enhance their brand). Asides from Zlatan I don’t think we have gotten value for money from any of those other big name signings.

This is why the majority of Liverpool fans are insufferable. With this year as an obvious exception united finished 2nd in 2018 and won the europa league in 2017. Liverpool have won the coca cola cup in 2011/2012 and since 2010 have spent 1.07bn whilst united have spent 1.1bn since then. Contrast the trophy cabinet there after (

Not to mention in 2017 and again in 2018 you finished 4th in the league. Again you're second now, and have not won a single thing. Yet its as if every player in the world would join you in a heartbeat.

There is nothing to suggest that if Klopp is trophyless for the 4th year in succession that he might leave, or Mardid or a big team might come in an pick your prize assets in Salah/Mane away from you, but it COULD happen.

footnote. Stop talking as if you're the biggest club in europe when your trophy cabinet and success on the pitch states different.

Everyone remembers Jimmy White, but it aint for being the best in the business.

What has it got to do with Liverpool ?
    Literally the only time I mentioned them was to say Eriksen would NOT join Liverpool either ?
    Infact its been decades since Liverpool singed a top name in there prime ? I have never claimed other wise

But since you brought them up there currently on course to have the 3rd highest points tally in Prem history and are in there second champion league semi final in 2 years because of investing properly in a squad

I'm under no illusion that there not a big name team in Europe ,
    They don't attract the big name payers in there primes but thankfully they realised this and have start to build a great squad from promising players that they have made into stars

Infact you kind sum up my argument instead of United chasing people like Eriksen who are unattainable they should buy young promising players and make there own super star like they used to,

• Advertisement

If United sign him its for next season and by the end of the first season he will be 28,
    Anyway 27 /28 there's not much difference a player of his quality in his prime isn't joining a rebuild at United

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

May as well round him up to 30. Past it.

J. Marston wrote: »
    May as well round him up to 30. Past it.

The whole point is the opposite a player of his quality in his prime won't join United in there current state,

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

What’s the expected valuation of certain targets if we were to go for them?

Declan Rice - £50 million? That seems to be the starting point. Not sure if he is worth it but potentially that’s a great deal.

Reuben Neves - £75 million? I’m plucking that figure out of my head but can’t see it being any lower than that.

Jadon Sancho - £100 million? Again you would think that’s the starting price.

Joao Felix - £105 million? I think that’s his buy out clause. Crazy money for him based on very little output but you can see him going somewhere and becoming the next big thing.

From those prices I could only see Rice as an option on a pure investment versus what the player is ready to offer gauge.

Lots of quality players can be bought though. United need to match players with the manager/clubs needs. Like what Ajax did with Blind and Tadic. It is not about really big names or maybe the next big thing.

Actually now that I think about it, there is a decent chance he just winds down his contract and gets whatever move he wants and the the big payday the year after

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

They have the second highest wage bill in world football after Barca having just overtook Real

• Advertisement

They have the second highest wage bill in world football after Barca having just overtook Real

Yeah but most of that is just Sanchez! :)

Actually is there any talk of Man City supplementing their players wages in other ways because they can’t have all these star players on reasonable wages. They must be giving them some background funding to dodge ffp.

Actually is there any talk of Man City supplementing their players wages in other ways because they can’t have all these star players on reasonable wages. They must be giving them some background funding to dodge ffp.

Kompany got a directorship in a car hire company iirc. Its very dodgy but the FA don't really care about it. Not since the papers stopped talking about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Old man Eriksen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Annabella1 wrote: »
    Rojo on 160 k
    Enough said

Jesus christ really?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Any source for Martial being on 250k?

The random wage figures bandied about and taken as fact are bizzare.

I don't believe Alexis earns nearly as much as been been reported and accepted as fact.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

beno619 wrote: »
    The random wage figures bandied about and taken as fact are bizzare.

I don't believe Alexis earns nearly as much as been been reported and accepted as fact.

It grows by the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I heard they get an extra super dooper match bonus if martial and pogba both start the same match. Same thing for the Spanish lads, hence the strops being thrown currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Jesus christ really?

No.

Id say it happens at most of the oil clubs. Remember kante was asking for a "normal" salary a while back..

https://www.rt.com/sport/443986-kante-rejected-chelsea-offshore-salary-claims/

Greenwood with 30 goals for the youths.

15 right foot. 14 left foot. 1 header.

Needs to work on his heading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Put him up front for the final three games. Fúck Lukaku.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

He has a great free kick with either foot too.. really excited at the prospect of him coming up and playing more games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Should at least make the bench on Sunday, nothing to lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement