Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage questions

Options
  • 25-04-2019 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

FTB pré approved on a mortgage and sale agreed on a property. However some of our deposit is to be transferred from overseas and there seems to be loads of beaurocracy involved and it's taking a while. The bank know we have it as they accepted a statement as proof however I'd imagine they want it here sooner rather than later? Our solicitor is still negotiating with sellers solicitors and drawing up paperwork so not sure how long I can expect to wait or when they will want to see deposit in our account.

Other issue is with my job. Mortgage is actually in my spouses name as I had just started a new job on. Applying and still in probationary period. However had an issue with my boss this morning over sick leave with medical certificate (out 3 days this week for myself and little one being sick) and he reduced me to tears, I'm fuming, but I'm worried handing in. My notice at this stage before drawdown might result in problems with our mortgage approval. Not sure?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

So you're not on the application and your income was not taken into account?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭tatsplat

So you're not on the application and your income was not taken into account?

I am on the application but I didn't submit any payslips as I had just started, submitted a salary cert though

tatsplat wrote: »
    I am on the application but I didn't submit any payslips as I had just started, submitted a salary cert though

And they were okay with you being on probation? Usually they make you wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

And they were okay with you being on probation? Usually they make you wait.

Well I'd imagine the OP is on the mortgage as they're married, but I doubt their income was factored into the calculations.

That said, I wouldnt volunteer the information to the bank. If asked, you should be truthful but I wouldnt volunteer.

SozBbz wrote: »
    Well I'd imagine the OP is on the mortgage as they're married, but I doubt their income was factored into the calculations.

That said, I wouldnt volunteer the information to the bank. If asked, you should be truthful but I wouldnt volunteer.

Should be fine then if they're not reliant on that income for mortgage calculations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

Should be fine then if they're not reliant on that income for mortgage calculations.

Obviously the OP would have to confirm, but I think when a couple is married, both parties are on the mortgage (especially if its for a family home) anyway. This doesnt mean that they bank factored in the OP's income when calculating how much to lend.

Advertisement