Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitness Tracker Smartwatch

Options
  • 25-04-2019 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi lads, so I'm looking for a smartwatch as my charge 2 just broke, and I don't want to replace it, as it doesn't always track my HR during exercise..

Now, I've done quite a bit of research, I want one with a really accurate heart rate monitor, step tracker etc. I'm not as fussed on smart features, it'd be nice to see messages, I don't really care about replying to them. Don't want games etc. at all.

My problem is my wrist measures in at 14cm wraparound. I've tried on the Samsung Galaxy Watch, and it's actually bigger than my wrist, and looks like a child stole their dads watch.

I've looked up the Charge 3, and have noted many people have had issues with the HR, particularly in exercise mode (I will be using this for weights inside, so I want accuracy in that mode.) And I don't like the Versa, and have also read it's not that accurate.

The other thing I want is a nice, crisp screen, so I've eliminated Garmin, as their screens are just too dull, despite them being accurate on stats, I can't justify spending the money they cost if it's not something I like looking at.

Any recommendations, please shout out, I am desperate at this stage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,944 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

What do you mean by garmin screens looking to full? The screens faces can all be customised. I've had a garmin vivoactive 3 since last summer and cannot fault it.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Clairlyagenius

What do you mean by garmin screens looking to full? The screens faces can all be customised. I've had a garmin vivoactive 3 since last summer and cannot fault it.

Goddamnit sorry that's a typo! I meant dull, I've seen that they look quite washed out, and people have complained that it's sometimes difficult to see them. I must see if I can edit that.. 🀔

Goddamnit sorry that's a typo! I meant dull, I've seen that they look quite washed out, and people have complained that it's sometimes difficult to see them. I must see if I can edit that.. 🀔

OK well I've a customised screen which definitely isn't washed out so maybe it's just a case of finding the correct watch face. They have many different watches with different features and price points. Anyway I'd recommend the watch but if its not your thing best to avoid.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Clairlyagenius

OK well I've a customised screen which definitely isn't washed out so maybe it's just a case of finding the correct watch face. Anyway I'd recommend the watch but if its not your thing best to avoid.

That's good to hear, I'll have another look at them so. Because they were initially my main contender, bar the Samsung, because they are said to be to accurate, but I was just really concerned the screen would be hard to read. What kind of battery life do you get from the 3?

That's good to hear, I'll have another look at them so. Because they were initially my main contender, bar the Samsung, because they are said to be to accurate, but I was just really concerned the screen would be hard to read. What kind of battery life do you get from the 3?

Battery depends on how much I use the GPS, I usually get 6-8 days. Charger works well and it fully charges in an hour.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
Advertisement