Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI Credit Card charged twice

• 25-04-2019 11:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

I was checking into a hotel in Amsterdam yesterday and gave the guy my BOI credit card to pay. Just after I put in my PIN number, the system crashed and I never got a receipt but he said he thought the payment went through.

This morning I was checking out and a different receptionist insisted that I pay. He said he could see the previous attempt but that it hadn’t processed fully because the system crashed. So reluctantly I gave him my card again and this time I was given a receipt.

I looked on BOI Card Care and it has both transactions listed as processing so it seems like I have been charged twice. Does anyone know how I should proceed? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭3DataModem

The first was probably a pre-auth, and the second was a seperate transaction. This is a pain. Call the BOI helpline, they'll confirm this. If both are "real" (i.e. settled) transactions, they will advise you to ask the hotel to refund one. If the hotel doesn't do that, then chargeback time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

These things have a habit of sorting themselves out after a day or so.

Advertisement