Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account closure

Options
  • 25-04-2019 11:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hello,

I have been trying to close my current account for about a month now. 

I filled in a form online directly through BOI's website and waited for the transactions to clear off. They now are all cleared for more than three weeks.

Without news, I asked the service desk for info, who only said that the "account closure team" tried to phone me.
    They obviosuly did not offer to help any further by maybe, I don't know, setup a callback with the said department?

I then contacted the Customer Service helpline by phoning the 0 818 365 365 where a very nice man told me they couldn't help but that I should go to the branch with proof of ID and ask for account closure.

Today in the morning I went to the said branch and explained I'd like to close my account, the only answer was to "fill in the form again". Nothing about ID request or any will to help.

Now I asked the Service Desk on 365 BOI if they could maybe arrange something, and I am writing on boards.ie in the hope that someone can actually do something about this bank account.

Is my only hope to just fill in the form again and actually wait in front of my phone for ONLY ONE call that I might miss? (I work normal business hours, like everyone else)

Regards,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi there Drotciv,

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch.

If you'd like to PM us with your name, account holding branch and contact number, we will be happy to look into this for you.

I'm sorry to hear of the delay.

Thanks,

Lorna

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Open an account in another bank first, and get them to switch your old account. You don't have to deal directly with BOI again!

Advertisement