Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Eye Saunima

Options
  • 25-04-2019 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

i was in the eye cinema last night for avengers film, the midnight screening. i was in screen 6 and it was like a sauna in there. there was sweat pouring down my head and face and my tshirt was stuck to me at the end. a few people around me said the same thing after too. it was a long movie too, about 3 hours, so it was a real struggle to last through the whole lot. has anyone else found the cinema to be too hot?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ChewyLouie

What did the staff do when you mentioned that the heat was on too high in that screen...?

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

i just got out of there at the end. was rushing out to get fresh air. i did email them today. we'll see what they say

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭emptybladder

i just got out of there at the end. was rushing out to get fresh air. i did email them today. we'll see what they say

No, but when you left the screen to inform staff about the issue, what did they say?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

No, but when you left the screen to inform staff about the issue, what did they say?

It makes much more sense to sit there and not raise the attention of the staff that there is an issue, and post a bit later on boards about how bad the experience was.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Ludikrus

They insist that you keep your pants on as well. Hate the cinema.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

same in the IMC last night, sweltering for the first 2hrs and then the cool air was switched on

• Registered Users Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

same in the IMC last night, sweltering for the first 2hrs and then the cool air was switched on
    Almost as if someone mentioned it to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

Maybe that op couldn't find the remote control to pause the movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I've had that happen a few times in The Eye alright. Will never forget watching The Dark Knight Rises in particular, it was like sitting in a glasshouse on a scorcher of a day.

i was stuck in the movie. didn't want to miss any

• Advertisement

kippy wrote: »
    It makes much more sense to sit there and not raise the attention of the staff that there is an issue, and post a bit later on boards about how bad the experience was.

same as above...i was stuck in the movie. i only just wondered out loud if anyone else might have found the cinema to be too hot. sorry if i annoyed you with my post but at the same time thanks for sharing your constructive response. i will strive to improve my posts here, although if you do see a thread started by me in future maybe it is best to skip it lest it not meet your high standards. good day to you, sir!

Ludikrus wrote: »
    They insist that you keep your pants on as well. Hate the cinema.

:D ya...who likes getting to your seat only to see sweaty ball bag stains

• Registered Users Posts: 31 embers_fire

i was stuck in the movie. didn't want to miss any

I think this is fair enough but you seem to be upsetting people by complaining about something on boards.ie. This is quite a common occurrence.
    Truth is, the cinema shouldn't have been that hot. I probably would have stayed too if I liked the movie. Let us know if you hear back from The Eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,508 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

First rule of Boards.ie hardasses - On no account must you ever post about something unless you've sprang into action about it first in real life. Because that's what infallible beings do all the time.

The guy was just asking a question, he didn't want to leave right in the middle of the movie there and then, wrote an e-mail to the cinema about the problem afterwards. Sheesh, some of you people...

Never had to deal with sauna like conditions there myself, but I've certainly had the opposite in the IMC at times: freezing my arse off, particularly in their big screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

i was in the eye cinema last night for avengers film, the midnight screening. i was in screen 6 and it was like a sauna in there. there was sweat pouring down my head and face and my tshirt was stuck to me at the end. a few people around me said the same thing after too. it was a long movie too, about 3 hours, so it was a real struggle to last through the whole lot. has anyone else found the cinema to be too hot?

They will do nothing, had exact same experience last year. They did not even respond to the email

They will do nothing, had exact same experience last year. They did not even respond to the email

actually they did respond with a very nice letter. turns out a valve was bust and they have fixed it now. so there you go!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,476 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Have they a Twitter or Facebook account? Might be better than email due to to being publicly visible.

Edit. Just saw your response from them

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

actually they did respond with a very nice letter. turns out a valve was bust and they have fixed it now. so there you go!
    Thats BS, I worked there 10 years ago and it was the exact same.

Thargor wrote: »
    Thats BS, I worked there 10 years ago and it was the exact same.

well, thats just what i was told.

is it just a screen 6 problem or is it all the screens? i dont ever remember being that bothered by the heat before

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

well, thats just what i was told.

is it just a screen 6 problem or is it all the screens? i dont ever remember being that bothered by the heat before
    Havent been in there in years but it used to be all screens, we'd have the emergency exits open in most of them on a hot night. If the sun had spent all day shining in the big glass at the front the place was headed for 30 deg C and the AC was nowhere near powerful enough to shift any of it, it would still be roasting at midnight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭grbear

Can anyone tell me what number is the big screen at the Eye?

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Space Dog

grbear wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what number is the big screen at the Eye?

Screen 8 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Space Dog

Well, for what it's worth: I went to see a film in the Eye yesterday and it was quite chilly, I actually had to put my coat back on at some stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Rolllo

The eye is freezing usually, I always keep my jacket on in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Tommy Kelly

If it was as hot /humid as the OP describes well then it shouldn't have to be mentioned to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

If it was as hot /humid as the OP describes well then it shouldn't have to be mentioned to them.
    Well it clearly did need to be mentioned!!

Advertisement