Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insuring your collection

Options
  • 25-04-2019 12:18pm
    Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here looked at insuring their collection?

I've the last 5 or 6 years of Star Wars UCS sets including the new Falcon and a smattering of other things so there's a few grand worth of Lego lying around. The missus reckons I should be listing it under the house insurance in case there's ever a fire or in the unlikely event that it's stolen.

Would an insurance company look at me as if I've two heads for asking? Has anyone here done it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

No need to list it, just ensure your contents cover is high enough to cover it all. For my home insurance as long as no one item is more than 10% of the policy cover there is no need to list it.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

No need to list it, just ensure your contents cover is high enough to cover it all. For my home insurance as long as no one item is more than 10% of the policy cover there is no need to list it.

Yes exactly - I have an expensive star wars vintage collection but it's not listed on insurance as not individually worth €5k+ or 10% of contents.

I do keep all my receipts, photos etc. to prove value if house ever does burn down.

Advertisement