Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Did anyone here ever build one of those wooden kit houses from Germany?

• 25-04-2019 12:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭

I remember doing a fair bit of reading up on them back in the day, as we were thinking of building a house but ended up buying after the crash.

Admittedly there is probably more sources of them than Germany, but it seemed to be the location for a lot of the reviews on them.

Wondering how many Irish people actually bought such a house, and how they find it now having lived with it for a decade or so?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Would be interested to hear myself. They seem like a great idea and the fact they're built within a week seems pretty good. Though there has to be questions about how something designed in Germany might handle the Irish climate over decades. I believe they are not all that cheaper than regular construction methods, perhaps 20% less? I know the German Huff houses featured on Grand Designs before can cost more than a traditional build but they do look amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭wobbie10

I worked for -snip- at one stage. Great way to build and we put up over 100 one off homes across the country. The did modify the Austrian wall build up and created a wall for the wetter Irish climate.

They were not cheap however costly more than the traditional build. Mind you they were A rated homes before that became common.

Lovely homes :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Funnily enough, just seen this advert in the NW

-snip-

£4,800 for a 4 bed house! (minus all the labour and extra bits to make it a property you could live in of course).

Advertisement