Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cadetship 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭BittysHill1998

For people who’ve completed the medical what’s the next stage in the competition?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Ducky00

For people who’ve completed the medical what’s the next stage in the competition?

Wait till all interviews and medicals are done. Should find out if you're in or not around the time of the cao

Ducky00 wrote: »
    Wait till all interviews and medicals are done. Should find out if you're in or not around the time of the cao

When are the final interviews? I didn’t think they would be taking people to medical when there’s interviews still running

When are the final interviews? I didn’t think they would be taking people to medical when there’s interviews still running

Last interviews were either yesterday or today

Last interviews were either yesterday or today

The wait until the offers come out is going to kill me haha. I wonder if many candidates have failed the medical. A lad I know in the PDF told me there's usually a 5-10% failure rate at the medical stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RJ123

Just had my Navy interview the other day confirmed that we will be hearing same time as Army. Best of luck to everyone and I hope we’ll all be seeing each other in the near future!

RJ123 wrote: »
    Just had my Navy interview the other day confirmed that we will be hearing same time as Army. Best of luck to everyone and I hope we’ll all be seeing each other in the near future!

I hope the interview went well!

I hope the interview went well!

Much appreciated! I think it went well and most definitely better than my army one. Did all I could honestly and now it’s out of my hands so just gotta wait and see.

Much appreciated! I think it went well and most definitely better than my army one. Did all I could honestly and now it’s out of my hands so just gotta wait and see.

Did the Navy do their medicals before their interviews? I heard ones saying their medical during the assessment

Did the Navy do their medicals before their interviews? I heard ones saying their medical during the assessment

We did our medicals at the group assessment. We had a dental at the interview

• Advertisement

We did our medicals at the group assessment. We had a dental at the interview

Dental? Never did that as part of my medical?

Dental? Never did that as part of my medical?

You probably will if you get accepted I’m assuming. They have dental requirements laid out in the terms and conditions

You probably will if you get accepted I’m assuming. They have dental requirements laid out in the terms and conditions

If we get in. When is the final medical done before we actually start? As in does anyone know roughly how many weeks before we start does it happen?

If we get in. When is the final medical done before we actually start? As in does anyone know roughly how many weeks before we start does it happen?

I’d assume the second medical would just be the dental upon induction for the Army because the Navy basically implied to us that we were all set if we get accepted.

I’d assume the second medical would just be the dental upon induction for the Army because the Navy basically implied to us that we were all set if we get accepted.

Just to add to this I remember them saying the first medical for army was bloods so you would have had the second medical already

Just to add to this I remember them saying the first medical for army was bloods so you would have had the second medical already

Thank you. Yes I've had medical and blood tests it's we were told the final medical was dental and to check we picked up no injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 private89

Just reading the thread and brought me back to when I applied for the cadetship and the excitement and nervousness. Unfortunately I didn't get it but enlisted instead. Hope all goes well for ye all but remember Privates aren't scum if you do!!!:rolleyes:

Did they not do reference checking this year? I know in past years they did but it was never asked of us from at our dental/interview for the navy.

Did they not do reference checking this year? I know in past years they did but it was never asked of us from at our dental/interview for the navy.

Yeah they have in past years but I haven't heard anything in terms of references.

Any word on when offers will be out?

Yeah they have in past years but I haven't heard anything in terms of references.

Any word on when offers will be out?

Rumour is it will be tomorrow since the first round CAO offers were today as long as there were no complications otherwise could be Monday. Would like to hear tomorrow so I’m not worrying over the weekend haha

• Advertisement

Rumour is it will be tomorrow since the first round CAO offers were today as long as there were no complications otherwise could be Monday. Would like to hear tomorrow so I’m not worrying over the weekend haha

Really? That's early like I've heard in previous years the offers have been given out at the end of August.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭terenc

Why would anybody join the the defense force in Ireland, under payed, under trained unless you pay for it yourself, listen to the people who have left they have talked to Joe Duffy told them there concerns and you still want to join this defense force. If you want to join an army or navy at least join one with a career at the end of it and not depending on state hand outs.

Really? That's early like I've heard in previous years the offers have been given out at the end of August.

They told me at Navy we would hear around the CAO results

They told me at Navy we would hear around the CAO results

Fairs. Are all 3 branches offers given out at the same time?

Fairs. Are all 3 branches offers given out at the same time?

I heard sometimes Air corps offers earlier than the rest

Well I’m guessing early next week then lol.

Well I’m guessing early next week then lol.

I guess Monday haha. I was in Donegal all weekend with no internet wondering if the offers had been sent.

Offers are out. Congrats to all who got offers! I'm on the reserve panel. Any idea how many people usually drop out?

Offers are out. Congrats to all who got offers! I'm on the reserve panel. Any idea how many people usually drop out?

Nothing from Navy yet

• Advertisement

Also from what I hear there’s always a few who decline and then some who drop out early in training. They keep the panel open going into the first three weeks of training

Advertisement