Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cadetship 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RJ123

Offers are out. Congrats to all who got offers! I'm on the reserve panel. Any idea how many people usually drop out?

Also from what I hear there’s always a few who decline and then some who drop out early in training. They keep the panel open going into the first three weeks of training

Offers are out. Congrats to all who got offers! I'm on the reserve panel. Any idea how many people usually drop out?

Also from what I hear there’s always a few who decline and then some who drop out early in training. They keep the panel open going into the first three weeks of training

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭BittysHill1998

RJ123 wrote: »

Ah here fingers crossed with the Navy. Hopefully it'll be out today.

And that's good then. I'm very high on the panel so I'd say I've a decent chance.

Ah here fingers crossed with the Navy. Hopefully it'll be out today.

And that's good then. I'm very high on the panel so I'd say I've a decent chance.

Navy is delayed with something already spoke with them earlier today so might be a few more days they said unfortunately. And yeah if you’re high up you got good odds

• Registered Users Posts: 22 R0ibeard1997

Got an email saying they're finalising my application and I may be offered a place. Stressed out now haha

• Advertisement

Got an email saying they're finalising my application and I may be offered a place. Stressed out now haha

Yeah I think you got it! Congrats haha!

Yeah I think you got it! Congrats haha!

Cheers lad, on tenderhooks atm though à few offers were sent out today too apparently. Congrats yourself you're in with a better chance than I am so far!

Cheers lad, on tenderhooks atm though à few offers were sent out today too apparently. Congrats yourself you're in with a better chance than I am so far!

Lol I haven't been able to concentrate on anything myself making the delay in our case all the more frustrating. Sounds like you're getting it tho! In any case we've all come a long way in this process which is something to hold our hats on.

Lol I haven't been able to concentrate on anything myself making the delay in our case all the more frustrating. Sounds like you're getting it tho! In any case we've all come a long way in this process which is something to hold our hats on.

I know, it's been a long long summer. It'll pay off hopefully!

I know, it's been a long long summer. It'll pay off hopefully!

Have you applied for multiple cadetships or just the army? Offers are going out all throughout the day

• Advertisement

Have you applied for multiple cadetships or just the army? Offers are going out all throughout the day

Delayed for Navy though apparently unless it was fixed today what they told me when I talked to them.

Delayed for Navy though apparently unless it was fixed today what they told me when I talked to them.

sorry realised I already said that didnt mean to repeat myself haha. Im curious if Air corps already got their results though

sorry realised I already said that didnt mean to repeat myself haha. Im curious if Air corps already got their results though

Offers will be given throughout the week

Got to the interview for Air Corps but didn't get past that, haven't heard anything from the lads in the AC today though

Got to the interview for Air Corps but didn't get past that, haven't heard anything from the lads in the AC today though

Have any actual offers gone out yet or just rejection emails?

Have any actual offers gone out yet or just rejection emails?

Doesn’t seem like anything concrete has come out yet.

Doesn’t seem like anything concrete has come out yet.

All offers would probably have to be out at the same time so to not favour a certain branch when it comes to applicants with multiple applications.

I think they’ve contacted everyone who isn't getting an offer in the first round. So I’d say you’re in a good position

All offers would probably have to be out at the same time so to not favour a certain branch when it comes to applicants with multiple applications.

I think they’ve contacted everyone who isn't getting an offer in the first round. So I’d say you’re in a good position

Yeah I hope so. The wait is just killing me though haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3 odonogl5

Hey Guys,

Just wondering as im interested in applying for cadetship next year however i live abroad...

How many dates are you actually required to be present during the whole selection process? Obviously, you must be present during the group assessment/ interviews ... but what about the medicals? When do they take place? Some people said last year they were done before the interview and this year people seem to have them done at different times and dates?

Many thanks

odonogl5 wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

Just wondering as im interested in applying for cadetship next year however i live abroad...

How many dates are you actually required to be present during the whole selection process? Obviously, you must be present during the group assessment/ interviews ... but what about the medicals? When do they take place? Some people said last year they were done before the interview and this year people seem to have them done at different times and dates?

Many thanks

About 3 or 4. Assessment day, Interview, Medical and then there's a second medical but i don't know if that's after the start date.

• Advertisement

The wait continues haha

odonogl5 wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

Many thanks

When the medical takes place depends on the branch you are applying for as well like the Navy do their full medicals at the group assessment stage so they don’t have a second medical. First medical for army is bloods taken at interview and then if you pass interview you get a second medical date.

Still haven't heard anything yet, the wait continues haha

Still haven't heard anything yet, the wait continues haha

A lad I know says the year he did it, the offers came in at 11PM on a Friday. I’d say next Friday will be the day. They don’t leave much time for successful candidates

A lad I know says the year he did it, the offers came in at 11PM on a Friday. I’d say next Friday will be the day. They don’t leave much time for successful candidates

Cheers lad for that info, a few of us have been updating each other constantly during the day and then getting sickened once 5pm rolls around haha

Cheers lad for that info, a few of us have been updating each other constantly during the day and then getting sickened once 5pm rolls around haha

If you haven’t got a rejection email or an email to tell you that you are on the reserve panel then you’ve basically got it.

Bit confused on the Facebook page of the cadets class mentioning about offers being out or being in anticipation of? My understanding from talking to them was there is still a delay has anyone heard anything?

Bit confused on the Facebook page of the cadets class mentioning about offers being out or being in anticipation of? My understanding from talking to them was there is still a delay has anyone heard anything?

Sorry worded my post weird I just realised lol but the Facebook page made a weird post about offers being sent even though I haven’t heard anything from anyone I’ve spoken to.

Where is the post? I can’t see it

• Advertisement

Sorry worded my post weird I just realised lol but the Facebook page made a weird post about offers being sent even though I haven’t heard anything from anyone I’ve spoken to.

lol sorry yeah I’ve just seen it offers are out this weekend. I’m keeping my fingers crossed as I’m on the reserve list.

Advertisement