Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cadetship 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭BittysHill1998

Congrats to all who got Cadetships!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RJ123

Congrats to all who got Cadetships!

Not sure if actually sent out yet. Bit confused to be honest lol haven’t heard anyone who got anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 R0ibeard1997

Got good news myself lads, what Facebook group are ye referring to?

Congrats! When did it get sent to you?

And the cadet school Facebook page

• Advertisement

RJ123 wrote: »

Cheers, got it Thursday!
    And the cadet school Facebook page

I didn't even think to check that during offers haha

Did ye check all your mailboxes? Might be in your junk mail?

Congratulations

A few lads I know of still haven't heard anything, do ye know of anyone in the same boat?

A few lads I know of still haven't heard anything, do ye know of anyone in the same boat?

Well I actually spoke to recruitment yesterday and was given an update. There is still a delay for some administration wise. I was just curious if it was yesterday to see if it got fixed. Then again I’m going Navy we may hear at different times.

• Advertisement

Did ye check all your mailboxes? Might be in your junk mail?

No but I spoke to them towards the end of the day and there were still delays so I’m updated on my situation. Was just curious to see if it got fixed

Well I actually spoke to recruitment yesterday and was given an update. There is still a delay for some administration wise. I was just curious if it was yesterday to see if it got fixed. Then again I’m going Navy we may hear at different times.

I always thought they did all offers at the same time in order to not give one service an advantage over the others.

I know one lad who got an offer there for the Army but it was in his spam folder for some reason.

I always thought they did all offers at the same time in order to not give one service an advantage over the others.

I know one lad who got an offer there for the Army but it was in his spam folder for some reason.

Delay taking longer than expected I suppose so might be sending offers out with administration coming in. There might not be any candidates accepted to both branches so it wouldn’t make a difference in terms of advantage in that scenario

Did your email say what date your offer has to be accepted by?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Ducky00

Congratulations!

Did your email say what date your offer has to be accepted by?

Yeah it was the 1st, but apparently there's a big delay in sending out offers still so I'd guess it's changed from that!

Anyone else heard yet?

Anyone else heard yet?

Spoke to them yesterday still a delay for some unfortunately including myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 odonogl5

When the medical takes place depends on the branch you are applying for as well like the Navy do their full medicals at the group assessment stage so they don’t have a second medical. First medical for army is bloods taken at interview and then if you pass interview you get a second medical date.

Perfect thank you! And how soon after your interview is the second medical?

odonogl5 wrote: »
    Perfect thank you! And how soon after your interview is the second medical?

Roughly 3 weeks from what I’ve heard. I’m going for navy and was all set but from people in the army process it was around that time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 odonogl5

Roughly 3 weeks from what I’ve heard. I’m going for navy and was all set but from people in the army process it was around that time

Great thanks!

Is anyone else who did the army route able to provide specific detail? I heard it changes every few years.. last year they did all medicals after interview?

odonogl5 wrote: »
    Great thanks!

Is anyone else who did the army route able to provide specific detail? I heard it changes every few years.. last year they did all medicals after interview?

Fitness and assessment was the last week of June, Interview was the second week of July and the Medical was the last week of July. So all of it was done in a month. This obviously depends on the candidate.

Spoke to them yesterday still a delay for some unfortunately including myself.

Did they give you a timeframe for when they would have it sorted?

The wait must be killing you!

Did they give you a timeframe for when they would have it sorted?

The wait must be killing you!

No they said not to worry but it’s still killing me lol. I know I’m not the only one in this situation though which is a bit reassuring as in I’m not unique

No they said not to worry but it’s still killing me lol. I know I’m not the only one in this situation though which is a bit reassuring as in I’m not unique

Aww that’s fair enough. They told me I’ve to wait until the first round of offers are out before I will be contacted. The wait will be the death of me. Hopefully intake is a bit later this year.

Aww that’s fair enough. They told me I’ve to wait until the first round of offers are out before I will be contacted. The wait will be the death of me. Hopefully intake is a bit later this year.

Oh ok yeah I guess some first round offers are still delayed. There are certainly some people who may have had to pull out because of the wait especially amongst leaving cert applicants.

DF sure are taking their time

• Registered Users Posts: 10 07Foresight

DF sure are taking their time

They sure are and for that reason so many recruits and potential cadets have left to find other things to do. It’s a shame that an organization of this magnitude still cannot handle the processes any faster, but I do give respect to the three gentlemen over at J1 who are doing an extraordinary job.

2 weeks since the first offers went out. Are all offers out yet?

• Advertisement

2 weeks since the first offers went out. Are all offers out yet?

No there are still delays holding it up. Spoke to them this week

Advertisement