Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Quantem/ GSM Q

Options
  • 25-04-2019 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

Hi All.

Had an alarm guy over recently , service my alarm , I got him to put in a GSM Q , communicator. I had presumed that I would get a "test call" weekly to ensure that it was working. I can check sim is in credit on line with the provider (Eir) I'm finding it frustrating not knowing if its working.

Is there anything that I can do to test it , without actually setting off the alarm on purpose to see if I get a text! Or is there an option on these diallers to set a text to go out occasionally...
    I had a basic standalone dialler (not Hkc) in my old house. I used to get a "test " from it every Sunday , it was reassuring.

Appreciate any advice please
    Paddy , thks.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ar212009

With the HKC GSM P unit, you send msg to dialler with alarm pin code and certain phases.

Eg let's say pin is 1234

1234 status
    Or
    1234 help

This won't set off alarm but should reply with text.
    Hope it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

ar212009 wrote: »
    With the HKC GSM P unit, you send msg to dialler with alarm pin code and certain phases.

Eg let's say pin is 1234

1234 status
    Or
    1234 help

This won't set off alarm but should reply with text.
    Hope it works.

Thanks. So put in pin? Is that alarm code ? If not , what's pin ? Engineer code ? Thks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

User code should do it.

KoolKid wrote: »
    User code should do it.

So put in user code on rkp.
    Then what !!!

No you need to text your alarm phone number:

(user code) status

and you should get a reply back.

• Advertisement

No you need to text your alarm phone number:

(user code) status

and you should get a reply back.

Aha. So I will enter , the user code , which will set the alarm , then the sim number of the dialler ?

You just need to text the alarm phone number you got, you don't have to arm it or disarm it.

Text your alarm number on your phone with

(User code) status

You should get a reply back on your phone from the dialler. No need to be at the panel or rkp.

You just need to text the alarm phone number you got, you don't have to arm it or disarm it.

Text your alarm number on your phone with

(User code) status

You should get a reply back on your phone from the dialler. No need to be at the panel or rkp.

Invalid command. Text received back. I sent my unset code by text message to my eircalarm sim number.

With user code ,I understand .

With user code status ? ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The manual here might help
    http://www.hkcsecurity.com/download/48

KoolKid wrote: »
    The manual here might help
    http://www.hkcsecurity.com/download/48

Thks C

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

The above user manual link was reported for possible copyright reasons, however as the link is from the manufacturer, it does not go against the charter.

delly wrote: »
    The above user manual link was reported for possible copyright reasons, however as the link is from the manufacturer, it does not go against the charter.
    I was aware of that. And the rules regarding same. I'm sure koolkid is also au fault with the charter 🀣🀣

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I was aware of that. And the rules regarding same. I'm sure koolkid is also au fault with the charter 🀣🀣

Paddy.

I've had look at your history and indeed you have been made aware of the charter and any changes to same

I'm sure you are aware that you can work on a system on your own house but you need a PSA License to work on other people's systems.

There's no need to reply to this Paddy. Good luck fixing your alarm.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement