Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPod Shuffle not syncing MP4 file..?

• 25-04-2019 3:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭

I have added an MPEG-4 video file (it's actually an audio file that I created in DaVinci Resolve editing software) to my iTunes library.

It's clearly listed under Recently Added and Songs.

When I click on iPod/Settings/Music/Sync and choose Selected playlists/Playlists/My MPEG-4 file and then Sync, it goes through the motions. But, the file doesn't transfer to my iPod shuffle.

Is there an issue with the file type? Should I be converting it to something else first? (Though it plays back fine within iTunes.)

Or what might be the problem?

Thanks.

D.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Sorted.

I highlighted the file in Library and chose File/Convert/Create an MP3 Version.

I then deleted the MPEG-4 version and synced the MP3 version to the iPod shuffle.

It's playing now.

D.

Advertisement