Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Land Registry Maps

Options
  • 25-04-2019 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

I need a land registry map for an apartment in Dublin 15 -

I got this quote:

The cost to carry out a Land Registry Compliant map survey on an apartment / multi-storey is €375.00 Plus VAT @ 23%. 
    The total amount including the printed maps and vat is €461.25

If you would like to proceed please feel free to call me or email times and days that would be suitable for us to carry out the LRC map Survey.

I will require the following:

·         Could you please email me any scanned maps on file with the titles (from your solicitor) 
    ·         Can you also please confirm if you own a car park space .( Assigned parked does not require mapping)

Once complete I will email the soft copy map and invoice. Please confirm if you would like us to send the original LRC map to your solicitor and if so please provide contact details.

======================

Or could I get the map from here with the folio number =>

Check here they're €40 per folio apparently. If you know the folio number you can order online at www.landdirect.ie

And then get an engineer to go to the apartment and mark out the land registry map ?

Anybody got a land registry map in Dublin recently - who did you use and what cost ?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭harry999

Anybody know about this please

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

What you've quoted above the line is for an engineer/surveyor or similar to mark up a map to submit to the land registry in order for you to obtain a folio map/number for the property because one doesn't exist.

The 40 euro you quote below the line is the cost of purchasing a copy of your folio map/details from the land registry if it already exists.

P.S.: I normally do rural maps and they would be a bit cheaper - but apartments are a bit more awkward and you have to add the Dublin premium onto the "down-the-country" cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭treascon

My husband does this type of work and he says the price quoted is a fair one as there is more work attached to this being an apartment. As well as the map you also need the floor plan drawing of the apartment outlining in red the area to be registered. This also has to show a floor level relative to ITM and ceiling level. HTH

OK so I would pay 40 euro for the map(if the solicitor does not have it) and 461 for the surveyor to mark the map - is this correct ?

The 461 quote came from http://www.cerl.ie - to me it sounds expensive - but anybody know good surveyor that would do a good job cheaper ? Thanks

• Advertisement

The 461 may include the cost of buying the base map - they should clarify that in the quote.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

harry999 wrote: »
    OK so I would pay 40 euro for the map(if the solicitor does not have it) and 461 for the surveyor to mark the map - is this correct ?

The 461 quote came from http://www.cerl.ie - to me it sounds expensive - but anybody know good surveyor that would do a good job cheaper ? Thanks

Not expensive, as it entails a site visit and the preparation of at least 3 drawings, which will include osi coordinates and levels.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

harry999 wrote: »

Don’t know anyone cheaper to be honest. I’d charge just over €500.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

I've been quoted 875 for that in Wicklow. For a house.

I've been quoted 875 for that in Wicklow. For a house.

You haven't, because a house doesn't require a multi storey survey for land registry.

So either its not a house, or your being quoted for something else....

• Advertisement

sydthebeat wrote: »
    You haven't, because a house doesn't require a multi storey survey for land registry.

So either its not a house, or your being quoted for something else....

Solicitor's email says "land registry fees E875"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

That is the registration fee to the Land Registry. Maps have to be supplied to the land registry if it is a first registration, which is the issue in this thread.

And that could include a myriad of different jobs to be done, depending on your situation.

The OP was asking if 375+vat was a good price for a multi storey survey for an apartment for land registry purposes.

So you're not comparing apples with apples.

Ps. Always get at least 3 quotes for jobs, so that you know what the market value is.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    And that could include a myriad of different jobs to be done, depending on your situation.

The OP was asking if 375+vat was a good price for a multi storey survey for an apartment for land registry purposes.

So you're not comparing apples with apples.

Ps. Always get at least 3 quotes for jobs, so that you know what the market value is.

The PRA registration fee itself is a standard fee.

Apologies I thought it was the same thing

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭rightmove

What would the expected price be for basic end of terrace house??? Map and engineer to come out

This Land Registry Map has been completed previously in 1997 when apartments first sold - but map lost. Would this map be kept some place where I could now purchase it ?

You can apply for a “special registration map” through our website at “Landdirect.ie”. The fee is €40. - would I be able to get it from this website ? or the map I would get from this website I would need an engineer to still mark out the apartment ? Thanks

If it was properly registered the first time then the 40 euro is to purchase a copy of said registration and should hopefully be all you need!

Go to landdirect.ie and see if your apartment is listed there with a folio number. You can buy the copy yourself for 40 quid from that site if you want.

Advertisement