Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passport photos

• 25-04-2019 7:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I need to get some passport photos taken. They are for a visa application and that country insists on a blue background. Any advice on where I could get them taken?

Please note, I do not want to take them in a booth as I have done it before and they always end up crap.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

I got mine done in Lloyds Pharmacy in Castletroy and was happy enough with them. I'd say they would be able to facilitate the blue background, most pharmacies provide a fairly professional service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,274 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I need to get some passport photos taken. They are for a visa application and that country insists on a blue background. Any advice on where I could get them taken?

Please note, I do not want to take them in a booth as I have done it before and they always end up crap.

McCabes Pharmacy in the Crescent Shopping Centre, Mr Bond. They will print them for you or email a digital copy to you. Charge around the same price as the photo booth too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

As bazz said, McCabe's in the Crescent are decent and nice folk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Isn’t there a machine in SuperValu for doing them that uploads them online and all for you ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

bazz26 wrote: »
    McCabes Pharmacy in the Crescent Shopping Centre, Mr Bond. They will print them for you or email a digital copy to you. Charge around the same price as the photo booth too.

I'll call in tomorrow, thanks pal. Must organise a revisit to said shopping centre before I leave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭hobie14

Our local photo machine has been shut down due to repeated damage so I dropped into a chemist in Shannon and was really impressed with the up to date service available ..... very professional ..... option to upload online if required ..... perfect quality and you preview the photos before they are printed .....they used a white background but if blue is a common need I would thing it would be easy to provide same ..... I would check out any decent Chemist shop local to you ......

I would never go near a photo machine again ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Bicycle

Whelans Cameras in O'Connell Street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

The photo centre on William street.

Do any of these places redo the photos for free if they are rejected by the passport office? When I got my last passport that was the case however I wonder have times changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Do any of these places redo the photos for free if they are rejected by the passport office? When I got my last passport that was the case however I wonder have times changed?

I had someone take my photo with a phone (against a cream wall) at home and they were accepted. Website does a quick check before accepting them. I’m sure a human does the final check but haven’t heard of anyone being rejected after the website said they were ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Ended up downloading an app which allowed a snipping tool to apply a blue background. Tried loads of places and no place had a background in anything other than white.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Apply on line. You cant proceed unless the photo is ok. It's kinda foolproof

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,274 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I had someone take my photo with a phone (against a cream wall) at home and they were accepted. Website does a quick check before accepting them. I’m sure a human does the final check but haven’t heard of anyone being rejected after the website said they were ok.

A human does a final check on them alright and they do reject them if they don't meet their criteria. My father had his passport renewed online earlier this year and even though the online site accepted the photos, they were rejected later on the grounds that you could not see his eyes correctly through his glasses due to camera glare. McCabes retook the photos with his glasses removed free of charge with no questions and they passed the second time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭tweek84

Sorry to drag up an old thread but is there any place that can take the photos after 6 for upload to the online passport application? I am coming in from the raheen side of town the pharmacy next to the south court do passport photos but not for upload

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

tweek84 wrote: »
    Sorry to drag up an old thread but is there any place that can take the photos after 6 for upload to the online passport application? I am coming in from the raheen side of town the pharmacy next to the south court do passport photos but not for upload

Tesco Coonagh or Roxboro do

I had a very positive experience. I used the automatic booth in Colbert Station and renewed my passport online. That was a Monday. I received my new passport on Wednesday that week. So basically 48 hours.

Found the automatic booth much improved over what it used to be as it will confirm for you at the end if the photos are correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭tweek84

I got sorted in The Crescent, gives you a code to use for the pictures and also gives you a printout of the pictures. I had to use a shopping basket to prop up my smallest as she wasn't tall enough.

Advertisement