Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lightening Cables

• 25-04-2019 8:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭

Looking for 3 meter lightening cables , what are a good brand ( besides apple )

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Looking for 3 meter lightening cables , what are a good brand ( besides apple )

I find Belkin cables great. I’m not sure if they do 3 metre cables, but I’ve had a 2 metre cable from them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

I’ve found the Anker Powerline cables to be extremely well made
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0721456BZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_2jJWCbSA5MKYR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I left apple a few years ago because of the poor lightening cables.

It beats me how they get away with charging €1000 for a phone and the charging cables are cheap garbage.

My OnePlus phone cables are perfect after three years..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

IrishHomer wrote: »
    I left apple a few years ago because of the poor lightening cables.

It beats me how they get away with charging €1000 for a phone and the charging cables are cheap garbage.

My OnePlus phone cables are perfect after three years..

You stopped using a device because of its charging cable!? Doesn’t take much to bother you man! 😂

You stopped using a device because of its charging cable!? Doesn’t take much to bother you man! 😂

I had 6 Apple devices tablets phones in the home all lightening cable replacements were costing me a small fortune. Went through 30 cables

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,833 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'll second the Anker cable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Cheers folks

Ordered some anker ones and a usb plug too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

I had 6 Apple devices tablets phones in the home all lightening cable replacements were costing me a small fortune. Went through 30 cables

I’ve been lucky with the cables, one (almost fresh from the box) just stopped working quite recently. So out of 10 years of Apple devices I can’t complain myself! 30 cables is going to have been a serious whack of cash!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

What were you doing with the cables!? I have had lightening cables since they have been released, and only one of them has bitten the dust

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Typically I only got 6 months use out of non apple lightning cables. Frequently bending the cable seems to cause the most problems, also the connectors get damaged with dirt etc. I've switched to Anker now and hoping for an improvement.

• Advertisement

What were you doing with the cables!? I have had lightening cables since they have been released, and only one of them has bitten the dust

Teenagers in the home say no more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,077 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Teenagers in the home say no more

One of my kids chewed the MagSafe connector off my wife’s MacBook Pro charger (no, it wasn’t plugged in). €70 to replace. Another one actually chewed the case of my €300 G-Shock watch into little pieces. I can only look forward to them moving on to cheaper cables when teenagers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

Ive been using these for the last 3 years, they are as strong as the Anker, and charge fast, they don't overheat like some other cheap ones. I keep one in each car, one in my suitcase, one in bedroom and one in Kitchen, at the price, it's no problem if you lose them. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/MSVII-USB-Cable-2-1A-Fast-Charging-Cable-For-iPhone-XS-Max-XR-X-8-7/32872034221.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Ive been using these for the last 3 years, they are as strong as the Anker, and charge fast, they don't overheat like some other cheap ones. I keep one in each car, one in my suitcase, one in bedroom and one in Kitchen, at the price, it's no problem if you lose them. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/MSVII-USB-Cable-2-1A-Fast-Charging-Cable-For-iPhone-XS-Max-XR-X-8-7/32872034221.html

Seems like they're no longer available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

Seems like they're no longer available.

That sucks, they are a great cable, they should come around again hopefully.

Advertisement