Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Preschools

Options
  • 25-04-2019 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

I'm moving location and need to move my toddler to a different creche/preschool.
    The creche I'm looking to move her to is a community creche and she will be full time and then in the ecce scheme come September. The creche asks you to bring the child own food and they say to bring a dinner that they will heat up.
    She has.only ever been in a creche that provides food or at least a hot dinner and I found this great that I didn't have to cook a hot dinner in the evenings. Do most creches or preschools provide food or not?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

My son has been through 3 private creches and they provided basic meals, such as breakfast, dinner and a tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I think for a creche to provide hot food, then they must employ a chef or else they have to bring in hot food from an outside supplier.

My understanding is that once a child is in creche for X-amount of hours (I think 6 hours), then they are supposed to get a hot meal. I'm not sure that the creche is obliged to provide it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭oLoonatic

My child went to a community creche and wasn't supplied food either.

Advertisement