Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CeP plasterboard radiator (carbon electric paint)

Options
  • 26-04-2019 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi there,

Does anyone have any experience/reviews of CeP plasterboard radiator system? Refurbishing a small mid-terrace house, only 3.5m wide by 9m long, with no heating system at all at present. Visited Ecovolt's showroom to see the system - carbon electric paint is applied to normal or insulated plasterboard, connects to 24V transformer (max 4 panels per transformer) and uses 350 watts per square metre.

Although derelict for 2 years, the house is warm and dry with no heating system at all, and is so small that I don't want to lose any wall space to radiators. Was considering underfloor heating on the ground floor, but this plasterboard system seems like a good option in theory. The walls, internal floors, and roof of the house will be newly/fully insulated.

Any experience/reviews of the CeP system would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jmBuildExt

No experience with it... But just in case you're interested... another option is a company called discreteheat do skirting board systems (thermoskirt) - hooks up to boiler same way as a rad would.
    I got a quote back in 2017 for £650 (uk - inc delivery) for about 7 or 8 m of it plus the kit n kaboodle (TRV connectors brackets etc) - so just supply. That came from uk - but I think they have a place in Tallaght though.
    From the quote..."Based on a boiler running at 70°C, the heat output of your skirting run will be 997W"
    Was going to use it in my kitchen kick boards cos I'd no space for a rad. Now I didn't go with it in the end - in the end i took out a unit and stuck in a vertical rad. Which also might be something for you to think about!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

^^^ This sounds like a better option.

Advertisement