If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Fyne speakers

Options
  • 26-04-2019 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi, I’m looking to buy a set of floorstanders and an amp, looking to spend €500-600. The F302 from Fyne seem to have great reviews for the price, and I’ve seen your team mention a pairing with a Yamaha RN303 amp for around 550.

I’m wondering if that’s a good fit for me. I will be needing a Bluetooth or WiFi enabled amplifier, and also something that can connect to the TV (although I don’t have any plans to set up a full surround system). I did note on the RicherSounds blog post about a rougher top-end sound for the F302s, so I don’t know if that pairs well with the Yamaha amp.

I guess I should note I use Apple Music almost exclusively, and this would be for delivery to Dublin.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi, I’m looking to buy a set of floorstanders and an amp, looking to spend €500-600. The F302 from Fyne seem to have great reviews for the price, and I’ve seen your team mention a pairing with a Yamaha RN303 amp for around 550.

I’m wondering if that’s a good fit for me. I will be needing a Bluetooth or WiFi enabled amplifier, and also something that can connect to the TV (although I don’t have any plans to set up a full surround system). I did note on the RicherSounds blog post about a rougher top-end sound for the F302s, so I don’t know if that pairs well with the Yamaha amp.

I guess I should note I use Apple Music almost exclusively, and this would be for delivery to Dublin.
    Hi karachiwala,

The Fyne F302s really are incredible speakers, we have a pair on demo in the store and they sound great with any of the amps we've connected them to. They would also pair well with the Yamaha RN303D which would do everything you need it to do really. It has Bluetooth and Wifi streaming (as well as Apple Airplay built in) and an optical connection for connecting to the TV.

I haven't heard the speakers with the Yamaha and while they can show off brightness in the system there aren;t many other amps that would have the same functions as the RN303D. They do pair well with any amp we've put with them however if you're worried about the treble being too harsh I would maybe look at the Marantz MCR611. It is a mini system but it does have 50W per channel amplification as well as streaming, Airplay, Bluetooth and optical connections for the TV.

I could do the Yamaha RN303D and the Fyne F302s for £599 including shipping.

I could do the MCR611 and the Fyne F302 for £649 including shipping.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 6 karachiwala

Thanks for coming back on that so quickly David. Would you mind if I asked if the price for these has gone back up recently? I found two threads from earlier this month where the team's quoted €549 for the F302 and RN303 (for example boards.ie/ttfthread/2057969819). Is there any way you can accommodate a similar discount again?

I understand if that's not possible, and I will have a think on the GBP 599 option. Cheers.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Karachiwala,

thanks for that and yep we are happy in a bundle to honour the F302 / RN303 pricing from earlier this month at £478 / €549 ( Euro pricing also includes shipping) 

All available from stock at the moment..

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Much appreciated guys, I'll PM you.

No problem Karachiwala or if you prefer we can pop it up for you online so you can order at home securely in your own time,

Thanks again and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

No problem Karachiwala or if you prefer we can pop it up for you online so you can order at home securely in your own time,

Thanks again and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

That would be perfect John. Thanks. I had some questions re delivery and warranty which I’ve pm’d.

Hi Karachiwala,

PM replied,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.