Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who Watches the Watchmen (Our Chit Chat Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Those tiffany 41mm have been very volitile. P&P had a instagram post about them there were dealer buys at over 50k sterline in december in they are back down to about 22k sterling now, so a few people upside-down AF in them. If you had one at retail you are quids in though...unkle called it, and I still cannot believe it. Do these people not have eyes they are not a nice colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,049 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

have you watched dopesick Banie? those drug companies over there are shameless.

that one really gets me, its just a dial colour that is similar to tiffany how that is worth a 4-5x premium is bananas.

Flex culture is strong.

In other news the DSOTM is retailing at £10.5k now im told from a friend in London 😣

• Registered Users Posts: 16,740 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Yeah, Myself and the Mrs binged it in a day. The book is a brilliant piece of journalism too IMO.

I've been taking Oxycontin and Oxynorm on a PRN basis for the past 2 and a half years. Initially on a fairly regular basis but less so now. My usage is the inverse of the effectiveness of nerve ablation procedures. I get about 6-8 weeks of near zero need for Oxy and then as the pain ramps up so does the Oxy use until the next procedure.

Its an incredibly effective mode of pain relief and on my bad days it really is the difference between being bed ridden or, at least managing some degree of mobility.

Until I'd watched dopesick I thought 40mg a day was a huge amount...

Then I saw the scene where the Dr and the older patient were talking about how much they were taking to avoid becoming "Dopesick"...

That's when I realized I was grand 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭micks_address

• Advertisement

Yep Darkside has gone up from 9700 to 10500 this week.....FML

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Looking on Chrono24 (I know, pinch of salt and all that) the Milguass has gone up similar amount this week as well. Chrono have it 10,900 (+- 1150)

i was referring to an omega RRP increase, but im not surprised at a milgauss inflation!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Ah, was thinking it was just second hand values going insane everywhere.

That mark up is in line with the Rolex mark up on some of their models. A case of keeping up with the Joneses from Omega?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,353 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

They're trying. But failing. Nobody buys those overpriced Omega watches at retail. Not even if the AD begs you to please buy the watch as they have tonnes of them in the safe in the back and getting deliveries every day 🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

• Registered Users Posts: 8,971 ✭✭✭893bet

New beer watch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭mailforkev

I wonder what model it is. Maybe we got lucky getting one of those silly money Tiffany dial OPs and the state coffers will get a nice boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Ah, I should have read to the end. Indo articles tend to make my mind wander half way through.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Not worthy of a new thread.

Has anyone experienced “clicking” spring bars, if you push or pull them when installed correctly they click in either direction. Had one on an old seiko but it never troubled me. Have two on my Hamilton and wear the nato a bit tighter so it is a lot more noticeable when I flex my wrist etc. Any solution or recommendations for quality spring bars?

Everything else on the khaki field mech is so well engineered for the pocket change it cost just this one niggle is annoying me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

I’m sure Google has the answer but I guess it’s worth posting to keep the forum active and resourceful!

Hi folks,

I'm contemplating picking up a seamaster 300m. Torn between a 2017 blue with no wave dial and 2019 model with waves.. about 1k difference in price. Newer being more expensive. Pros for the new model are the movement and better white contrast on the bezel. Date at 6 looks neater as well. The new one seems quite bulky though. Case size is 42mm. Bracelet as glidelock equivalent adjustment.

Older one is smaller. Clean no wave dial. Bracelet is easier to wear with a smaller clasp.

Maybe do nothing is best choice

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I've had similar D, but the only option I found that worked were spring bars without a shoulder.

However, I fitted them to watches with holes all the way through the lugs so they were easy to remove. On the one watch that didn't have that I had to snip them in half with a wire cutters(carefully)when I wanted to change straps. I seem to recall you can sometimes get this type out by using dental floss(which can also be used to tighten up diver bezels of all things) But zero clicking and about as secure a setup as you could have, short of welding the bars in.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Hi Mick,

I was in a similar situation a couple years ago. Back in 2020 Fitz posted that he was looking for a quick sale on his new model SMP 300M. It's a watch I've admired since launch and he was offering it at a very good price. Unfortunately the timing was poor for me to pounce, so I tried to get a quick sale on my Speedmaster.

However by the time I had it sold, his 300M had been snapped up. They're a lovely watch; the master chronometer movement, the ceramic bezel and dial, the adjustable clasp are all appealing. But the size - 42mm x 13.5mm - was a concern for me as I'm used to 39/40mm. I went to a local jeweller who had one in stock and tried it on. It's a beautiful piece, but on my wrist felt a little large and conspicuous. The bezel is striking but was too high-contrast for me as was the wave dial. So I decided to go back to the drawing board.

After essentially a full day spent analysing various 300M alternatives, my eye was repeatedly drawn to the previous model, the one with the ceramic bezel but without the wave dial. 

Got a good deal on a 2017 41mm model from a UK jeweler on Chrono24 and have been wearing it since as my daily. It works for me; it's not too large, not too thick, not too conspicuous, keeps great time and wears really well. It feels more modern than the Bond versions, especially the bracelet. I sourced an adjustable clasp from a Planet Ocean and it was a good move, use it quite a bit.

If you're down the Limerick direction and want to see if it suits your wrist, you're welcome to give it a test drive.

• Advertisement

Thanks buddy I'm looking at the exact same watch in blue. Just over 3k box with paper and mint which seems fair enough.. same watch in McNeely's last week around 4200 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

That's a fair price I'd say, especially considering it's a full set.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,049 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Oh no, Leica are now trying their hand at watches. Predictably, $10 and 12 K.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I thought they had already done that a few years ago?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,971 ✭✭✭893bet

My watch collection hasnt jumped at least 1k over night on c24 for the first time in a month.

Its over guys.

Sell it. Sell it all.

😂

Oh Sheeeeiitt.....

Mine fluctuates 5k every days as the price of the AP goes from 65k to 70k and back again every day. Hulk is at 27k now. But at the same time my Daytona is on consignment and keenly priced and not a nibble in a month despite Chrono24 putting values up 4k in the last 2 months.

There are 3 kinds of lies in watch... Lies....damn Lies and Chrono24 prices.

27k for the hulk.... i thought 15k was a good price when i sold mine!

• Advertisement

Probably 15k is still a good selling price......huge delta between asking prices and what dealers and private sellers will pay. Its not worth 27k as a watch. Great watch, best of the stainless rolex IMHO...but 27k will you go away

Advertisement