Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who Watches the Watchmen (Our Chit Chat Thread)

Options
1291292293294295297»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭scwazrh

a solid case back for engraving would be much more suitable

• Registered Users Posts: 9,308 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Paul Thorpe has removed all his watch content to focus on his political videos, he feels he has done enough for the watch community now, so it’s not because his views went downhill and he’s now on the right wing trend to make money then

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Homer

bizarre listing.. paid £10k a year ago.. put it in a display case and never wore it once. Now selling for £8.5k ONO? I’ve got rinsed on a couple of purchases but at least got the enjoyment of wearing the watches!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,693 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I'm up doing a few bits for the In-laws today and, as I'm now literally sitting watching paint dry for the next hour or so...

My boredom has me browsing r/watchexchange where I've stumbled upon this little beauty.

https://www.reddit.com/gallery/1dwb8ig

Oh would that VAT wouldn't turn a very reasonable €6.5k purchase into an €8k one 😞

I know it's a topic that we've discussed here often but the amount of very good watches, at what would previously be considered very decent pricing that are sitting longer & longer on forums is a bad sign IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,029 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

lovely watch but always a hard sell, most people shy away from dressier watches

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

8K sounds low if it's based outside the EU - you should add approx. 40% between customs and VAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

Advertisement