Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer (Dublin) 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 callum21

Staph wrote: »
    Anyone any news on the port inspection posts? Were the interviews only on Wednesday and Thursday?

Yes, I had mine Wednesday and got the email today to say I was successful, and DAFM will be in touch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

I got the same email. Does that mean we’re in, pending reference checks etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Hydration

I got the same email. Does that mean we’re in, pending reference checks etc.?

Well it said "provisionally assigned" but I would say yes. I think once the Garda vetting has been completed we will be starting more or less straight away.

Do you have to give much notice? I will likely need to give 4 weeks.

Do you have to give much notice? I will likely need to give 4 weeks.

Dont really know Staph. I kept asking about a start date time frame at the interview including the representatives from Dublin Port. They all kept saying they did not know or could not say. The best I could get was that they wanted most recruits in place by the end of October.

• Advertisement

Did you get any indication of how many they expected to recruit? I asked, but they were unwilling to say.

Did you get any indication of how many they expected to recruit? I asked, but they were unwilling to say.

Not at the interview no but somebody else told me 60.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Hi I got an email from public jobs last week had to fill out one more form and give her a referee from my current employer, I sent email back two days later and she said I should have a assignment this week so just waiting now,

Colleague just gave me a heads up that PAS had contacted them before lunch for permission to contact their references so to expect a phone call soon.

They were interviewed in the first batch back in May, and provisionally assigned to AGS. Completed the initial vetting on the same day as the interview so roughly 4 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭2016claire

Not a sausage... Oh well, today's a new day!

any news yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭LittleMissRed

2016claire wrote: »
    any news yet?

It's been a whirlwind so I forgot to update anyone. I got a call early last week giving me my assignment so I've handed in my notice and all! I got National Protective Services in Harcourt Street :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

It's been a whirlwind so I forgot to update anyone. I got a call early last week giving me my assignment so I've handed in my notice and all! I got National Protective Services in Harcourt Street :)

GNPSB - That's a tough enough gig. The people are nice but the subject matter isn't.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Colleague just gave me a heads up that PAS had contacted them before lunch for permission to contact their references so to expect a phone call soon.

They were interviewed in the first batch back in May, and provisionally assigned to AGS. Completed the initial vetting on the same day as the interview so roughly 4 months.

References all done and they are just waiting for Garda HR to contact with a placement. Would it be worth their while sending an email to try and get an idea? A lot of people seem to be going to harcourt street from the current batch.

GNPSB - That's a tough enough gig. The people are nice but the subject matter isn't.

Glad to hear the people are nice! It is very tough subject matter but thankfully my current role and previous experience will have me somewhat prepared for some of it. Do you happen to know the exact nature of CO work in there?

References all done and they are just waiting for Garda HR to contact with a placement. Would it be worth their while sending an email to try and get an idea? A lot of people seem to be going to harcourt street from the current batch.

There's no harm in following up. I did but was told that they do have a lot to get through and are trying to assign people to areas that suit them. So you'll probably hear soon enough either way.

Glad to hear the people are nice! It is very tough subject matter but thankfully my current role and previous experience will have me somewhat prepared for some of it. Do you happen to know the exact nature of CO work in there?

Sent you a PM

Hey All, just got a call from Garda HR and im starting in Dublin Castle any one know what's like there?

Hey All, just got a call from Garda HR and im starting in Dublin Castle any one know what's like there?

Congrats! I hope it works out well for you :)

Congrats! I hope it works out well for you :)

Thank you :-) same to you

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Gaffer78

Garda Traffic Corp is based in Dublin Castle

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

Congratulations !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Miriam3

Did anyone have an interview in PeoplePoint today in Clonskeagh?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 jodibobs

Anyone know will there be any more interviews taking place

• Registered Users Posts: 21 jodibobs

I posted on behalf of my son,and he got email today to attend interview on 14th Oct.

Do AGS have much scope for staff moving from one section to another? I know we’d have similar divisions and staff can move around to avoid burnout. Fairly sure it’s the same in The Probation Service.

My colleague got assigned today. She starts in 2 weeks, not sure what section but it will have been just short of 5 months from her interview to placement for anyone wondering how long.

Any one of ye know anyone that works in Dublin Castle? or have any one of you here going there? Im starting next month and im very nervous :-) :-).

Do AGS have much scope for staff moving from one section to another? I know we’d have similar divisions and staff can move around to avoid burnout. Fairly sure it’s the same in The Probation Service.

My colleague got assigned today. She starts in 2 weeks, not sure what section but it will have been just short of 5 months from her interview to placement for anyone wondering how long.

There is some scope to move, both through competitions for lateral moves and through just being asked to fill a vacancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Keeks101

jodibobs wrote: »

I got a message last week for an interview on the 16th of October. Has anybody any tips at all I’ve only had 2 interviews in my entire life and really struggling with preparing for this!

Keeks101 wrote: »
    I got a message last week for an interview on the 16th of October. Has anybody any tips at all I’ve only had 2 interviews in my entire life and really struggling with preparing for this!

Get the competencies and rehearse a few examples. The interviewers will try and help you as much as possible.

Keeks101 wrote: »
    jodibobs wrote: »

Read the competency headings they’ve sent you and prepare examples. Be able to back up your skills. i.e. If you say your good with Microsoft Word, explain what you use it for/have used it for.
    The interviewers I had were very friendly and put me at ease as I’m sure yours will too.
    I hadn’t had an interview in years and was quite nervous, but I got the job. You’ll be fine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Keeks101

Thanks so much, I think I struggle most with coming up with scenarios and wording them in the correct way, I’ll get there!

Advertisement