Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer (Dublin) 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭LittleMissRed

Keeks101 wrote: »
    Thanks so much, I think I struggle most with coming up with scenarios and wording them in the correct way, I’ll get there!

I actually used to coach people in interview skills but in my own interview I got nervous and fumbled my words and struggled to be as articulate as I usually am. They still got the gist of what I was saying though. Don’t worry about wording it in the correct way as much as just showing how you display X skill.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Mutt Love

Hi guys, I was contacted the week before last by PAS to say someone from AGS would contact me with a start date and still no word yet.

How long did it take you all from getting the email to say you'll be contacted before being assigned a location and start date?

Mutt Love wrote: »
    Hi guys, I was contacted the week before last by PAS to say someone from AGS would contact me with a start date and still no word yet.

How long did it take you all from getting the email to say you'll be contacted before being assigned a location and start date?

For me it was about 2 weeks. I did ring in between just to get an idea of how long I might be waiting. Someone explained that that due to the large volume of people being processed and being able to offer people locations that are suitable that things were taking a bit longer than usual. After my vetting was completed I started to hear about a lot of others hearing theirs was too all of a sudden, so I’d say a big batch all came in at once and they’re just working their way through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Mutt Love

For me it was about 2 weeks. I did ring in between just to get an idea of how long I might be waiting. Someone explained that that due to the large volume of people being processed and being able to offer people locations that are suitable that things were taking a bit longer than usual. After my vetting was completed I started to hear about a lot of others hearing theirs was too all of a sudden, so I’d say a big batch all came in at once and they’re just working their way through it.

Thanks so much for the reply. Hopefully I hear back from them this week! The wait is awful haha. Hope you dont mind me asking, was your start date close or a few months away? Also, congratulations on the new job! :)

Mutt Love wrote: »

Thanks so much for the reply. Hopefully I hear back from them this week! The wait is awful haha. Hope you dont mind me asking, was your start date close or a few months away? Also, congratulations on the new job! :)

Thanks! :) They just asked me when I could start and because I had to give a months notice I gave them a date a month from that day. If your notice period is shorter then you’ll probably start sooner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Keeks101

jodibobs wrote: »
    I posted on behalf of my son,and he got email today to attend interview on 14th Oct.

If it’s not too much bother, could you post and let me know how the interview went and what questions he was asked? I’m due mine the 16th and would really appreciate any help as to what to expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

Hiya folks

Does anyone know or have an idea when the next CO (permanent) competition is?

I missed the last one as I was away - I a TCO at the moment and my contract is due to finish up soon.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SeanPadro

Had an interview today and received email saying I was successful. No details of order of merit. Anyone any idea when I can expect to hear anymore? Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 OutForTender

Em2157 wrote: »
    Hi all, anyone else placed in Justice and equality? I had my interview end of July and I just got my assignment after all the vetting and clearance. I gave my work 4 weeks notice and I start on 30th Sept.

What location did you get for justice? Stephen's Green?

SeanPadro wrote: »
    Had an interview today and received email saying I was successful. No details of order of merit. Anyone any idea when I can expect to hear anymore? Many thanks.

I'm in the same boat! If anybody has any idea how long it might take to be placed could you let me know? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Em2157

What location did you get for justice? Stephen's Green?

I'm in Bishops Square, Redmonds Hill. Im on the civil side. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Em2157

I'm in the same boat! If anybody has any idea how long it might take to be placed could you let me know? Thanks

From interview to starting I was 2 months. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 SiobhanR086

Just wondering. I have passed my interview for Clerical in Dublin and was told i was in batch 5? And said there on batch 4 at the moment. Does anyone know if it take long? Or how many is in each batch.
    Thank you

Just wondering. I have passed my interview for Clerical in Dublin and was told i was in batch 5? And said there on batch 4 at the moment. Does anyone know if it take long? Or how many is in each batch.
    Thank you
    How did you find out what batch you are in? When was your interview if you don’t mind me asking? 😊

How did you find out what batch you are in? When was your interview if you don’t mind me asking? 😊

Hi, i emailed the address that was on the message telling me I passed the interview and they emailed me back with that. I’d just love to know tho

i emailed them too and got a reply saying theres about 70 people ahead of me that they will be in touch. does this mean that im not even guaranteed a job?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

i emailed them too and got a reply saying theres about 70 people ahead of me that they will be in touch. does this mean that im not even guaranteed a job?

Technically it's not guaranteed you're just on a panel but the panel doesn't expire until 2021.

Technically it's not guaranteed you're just on a panel but the panel doesn't expire until 2021.

ah i see. So is 70 people considered a lot of people to get through seeing as its Dublin?

ah i see. So is 70 people considered a lot of people to get through seeing as its Dublin?

No, 70 Clerical Officers is not a lot at all. If I was a betting man I'd say before Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Jassgal

Hi guys I had an interview on Oct 14th and got an email that evening saying I've been successful but they never gave me my panel number. I emailed last Monday to try get an update and they told me there is 74 people ahead of me. Any idea how long I could be waiting? 74 isn't alot but doubt they will be bringing in new recruits in december

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Jassgal

Does anyone know if there is staff parking at the NSSO in clonskeagh Dublin 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 cinagold

hi folks, i had my interview for this competition a few weeks ago and i got an email to say i passed, i have not heard anything since. has anyone had anything back from PAS since their interview? i was half expecting to get an offer of a place on the day. tia

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Bazman33

cinagold wrote: »
    hi folks, i had my interview for this competition a few weeks ago and i got an email to say i passed, i have not heard anything since. has anyone had anything back from PAS since their interview? i was half expecting to get an offer of a place on the day. tia

I did mine the 14th last month god word back the next day got a call today saying they reached my number and are putting me forward for vetting, email them ask where you are on the panel

• Registered Users Posts: 5 cinagold

hi Bazman, thank you for the reply, I will email them now.

did they tell you where you are going when you got the call? (no need to say where on this) just wondering if they let you know before going through reference checks. I am worried about asking my boss for a reference and then finding out after the trigger is pulled that im being sent somewhere too far away.

oh and congratulations on getting the call

• Registered Users Posts: 30 nosey11

Jassgal wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is staff parking at the NSSO in clonskeagh Dublin 4?

There is communal parking but you'd want to be in early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭applejunkie

Does anyone know where they are in Dublin on calling for interview ?

cinagold wrote: »

Im the same I had my interview on the 16th and I emailed about 2 weeks ago and they told me there is 70 people ahead of me. Nothing since then! For a really quick competition this part seems to be going quite slow.

Hi All,

I just got a phone call to send in two of my past employer references. Does anyone know if they offer you a position and a start date before they look for your current employer. And how long does it take for the garda vetting to go through?
    Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

Hi All,

I just got a phone call to send in two of my past employer references. Does anyone know if they offer you a position and a start date before they look for your current employer. And how long does it take for the garda vetting to go through?
    Thank you

At this stage, they would have a position specifically in mind for you. Once your refs check out, you'll be contacted with a start date.
    Garda Vetting can take 3-4 weeks.

• Advertisement

Hi All,

Thank you

Have you been placed with the Guards?

Advertisement