Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CHEAPO-ECO-MANIACS (sub-500euro)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Engine knocking, i'd say it's a gonner.

Shame though, looks tidy with those alloys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

BOSTIK wrote: »
    1998 Lancer for €325, NCT till November. These yokes are getting scarce but this one looks decent.

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/27148440

[IMG]https://www.donedeal.ie/view/27148440 Mitsubishi Lancer GLX 1.3[/IMG]
    Sounds like replacement engine needed, for someone that really wants one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Sounds like replacement engine needed, for someone that really wants one.

Yeah, you'd definitely really need to want one - but if you had the tools and knowhow you could probably pick up an engine for 100 quid or so out of a scrapper and put it in over a weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭selectamatic

It looks to be a nice clean shell for a mivec swap if ya were so inclined. It'd only really make sense if you had the stuff laying about though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭BOSTIK

Janey, I never noticed the last line of text in the Lancer ad. Should be in the Fixerupper thread instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Engine knocking, i'd say it's a gonner.

valves gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭job seeker

130,000 miles isn't even that much.. I wonder was it not serviced for a period of time at some stage..

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-avensis-estate/27205167

YjkzMTIzMDVmZjUxNWFiMTgwNjQxZDI2NzhjY2RkMGE4TmKzDRaQCQB622TAnT_iaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzA2MDI1Nzd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

1.6 Avensis estate claiming 85k miles, NCT til October, €500

Might clean up well.

Gone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭ongarite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

ongarite wrote: »

Ad says 400 now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭job seeker

An Ri rua wrote: »
    Ad says 400 now

Ad has gotten 112 views in 3 hours. So I'd say they are a fair few people calling about it! Looks grand for 400, but it wouldn't want to go much high account of it being a 19 year old car..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭BOSTIK

2003 Polo for €300, NCT till October 2021, less than 90k mileage. 1.4 engine so a bit of pep. Looks decent.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/vw-polo-03-nct-10-21/27273196

For half the price you could get this yoke. 2002 Corsa with NCT extension till May. Similes invoking badgers’ posteriors are evoked.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/opel-corsa/27271708

I’m a bit mane when parting with cash for cars but I think I’d go with the Polo.

That Polo looks really good for the money, nice and strsight and not mauldy dirty.

3dr and 1.4 would be unpopular in them but at 300 literally nothing matters once it's tested and driving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,981 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

There must be dealers watching this thread, everything just goes the minute its posted...

Most stuff posted are cheap as chips legitimate bargains, there is always a market for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭gussieg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

gussieg wrote: »

Great find, I never knew they were offered in a diesel!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭Oops!

****e engine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,351 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I Was VB wrote: »
    Great find, I never knew they were offered in a diesel!
    Same engine was used in a couple of other fiats you wouldnt expect. That JTD series was actually a great engine.

I think a derivative of that 1.3 lump was used in the Panda JTD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,442 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/skoda-roomster/27046093

Might be able to the seller down to 500 and it still has its NCT. Might be someone out there for it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

AMKC wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/skoda-roomster/27046093

Might be able to the seller down to 500 and it still has its NCT. Might be someone out there for it.

The "watter" pump is gone unfortunately.

Ms

The "watter" pump is gone unfortunately.

I did not see that.
    Another good reason to get it for 500 or less so.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

water pump, expensive fix?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

I'd me more worried about what damage might be done if that car was running for any length of time without a working water pump, a high probability the engine could be toast. I wouldn't be prepared to take a punt....Not on a 2007 Skoda Roomster with no NCT asking €800 anyway.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/peugeot-406-hdi/27381458

YTBlZTdkNDJiNmFhNGNlN2IwNDczMmU2NmU4NjVjZDIX92KXmU82yRglvZO9dAJDaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzI3MDc1ODV8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

03 406 HDI with test til October, €500

Draw bar and all, what more could you want?

Ms

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/peugeot-406-hdi/27381458

YTBlZTdkNDJiNmFhNGNlN2IwNDczMmU2NmU4NjVjZDIX92KXmU82yRglvZO9dAJDaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzI3MDc1ODV8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

03 406 HDI with test til October, €500

Draw bar and all, what more could you want?

The poor logo on the rear. Never seen that happen to any other cars except VW with there crappy none 3d logo they had on the MK5 Golf and Ford.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Seen the same issue with a few BMW's. Seems to happen to a lot of Ford's though. At the end of the day its probably just about the last thing I'd be worried about on a €500 car.

Ms

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭b318isp

"Its not starting as either needs ECU replaced or the wires to ECU looked at." - and rough enough looking.

Ms

b318isp wrote: »
    "Its not starting as either needs ECU replaced or the wires to ECU looked at." - and rough enough looking.

Never seen that. I seen NCT till April so assumed it was all still road worthy.
    Still someone who knows what they are doing it could be a good find and a cheap roundabout

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

That Fiat is only fit for the bin unfortunately. €50 would be too much for it.

Some cheek to want to swap that Punto for something with a valid NCT :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Dreamer, that's for the scrap yard.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

What would be the best option to offload a 2003 Yaris with 57,000 genuine miles on it. No Tax/Insurance or NCT on it so I wont be leaving someone drive off in it. It was passed on from a deceased grandparent and has been sitting taking up space for nearly a year now.

Started it the other day with a jumper cable and it came to life fine - It has some age related dings, bit of mould inside it as well. Radio starts on and off ( usually a thump under the dash starts it :) )

One think I noticed was the clutch pedal went all floppy when I started it, but turned it off and back on and was back to normal and drove away. Brake fluid issue from sitting maybe?

Think the NCT was up last month on it, even though it was tested on the July 2020, it usually flew through anyways only with aged tyre advisories ;)

Only real dent is in the rear passenger door but that could prob be popped out easily enough. Cork based

Nxqy7bI.png

hWFCdcu.png

• Advertisement

lovely little motor that. Im wondering, is it a red flag if the regplate is covered up on a car that is clearly not sitting out on the road?

gussieg wrote: »
    lovely little motor that. Im wondering, is it a red flag if the regplate is covered up on a car that is clearly not sitting out on the road?

Not sure what you mean by red flag?? Force of habit, I try not to share my car registration's over t'internet :confused:

Not sure what you mean by red flag?? Force of habit, I try not to share my car registration's over t'internet :confused:

It's just one of those things, why not? When anyone can see it anytime the car is anywhere.

Nice car. I wouldn't bee too worried about letting someone drive away in it once the logbook is changed and money is in your hand, you're golden.

Put the ad up for €450 or so and see how you go! You'd be lucky to get €50 for scrapping it and in all likelihood it could be re-sold on at that point for 3 or 400 anyway. There is always a demand for those old Yarii.

It's just one of those things, why not? When anyone can see it anytime the car is anywhere.

Nice car. I wouldn't bee too worried about letting someone drive away in it once the logbook is changed and money is in your hand, you're golden.

Put the ad up for €450 or so and see how you go! You'd be lucky to get €50 for scrapping it and in all likelihood it could be re-sold on at that point for 3 or 400 anyway. There is always a demand for those old Yarii.

Cheers, thanks for that - edited the pic, thar she is now in full glory with the Reg :)

There was no need for that, it's just to put your mind at easy. Often people sense suspicion from blocked reg's, if there's nothing to hide it's usually best to leave it visable.

Make sure you sell it though, will you :)

• Advertisement

looks nice after a wash

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2007-audi-a4-1-9tdi/27294726

can it be salvaged?

sorry that was an aside. i was refering to a car online that had the reg covered up, was wondering for myself :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Never seen that. I seen NCT till April so assumed it was all still road worthy.
    Still someone who knows what they are doing it could be a good find and a cheap roundabout

April '18

That Audi looks like someone had their head smashed in on the passenger side wing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

What would be the best option to offload a 2003 Yaris with 57,000 genuine miles on it. No Tax/Insurance or NCT on it so I wont be leaving someone drive off in it. It was passed on from a deceased grandparent and has been sitting taking up space for nearly a year now.

Started it the other day with a jumper cable and it came to life fine - It has some age related dings, bit of mould inside it as well. Radio starts on and off ( usually a thump under the dash starts it :) )

One think I noticed was the clutch pedal went all floppy when I started it, but turned it off and back on and was back to normal and drove away. Brake fluid issue from sitting maybe?

Think the NCT was up last month on it, even though it was tested on the July 2020, it usually flew through anyways only with aged tyre advisories ;)

Only real dent is in the rear passenger door but that could prob be popped out easily enough. Cork based

Nxqy7bI.png

hWFCdcu.png

None of those are issues for preventing a buyer driving it away though. Insurance? Change it over. Tax? Not required for a number of days after purchase. NCT? Book it in before the sale happens and where would the problem be? Once they sign the logbook and you post it off, that's you done.

Ms

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/chevrolet-matiz/27219479

Nice little starter car for someone or just a nice little run around.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭Oops!

There's nothing nice about them....

Ms

Oops! wrote: »
    There's nothing nice about them....

Maybe not but it looks to be in good condition and as a cheap little run around or a starter car for someone it's perfect. Not everyone needs a big plush car.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

I had one. not great but got me and the dog all the way to bordeaux before falling apart on the way back. but i wouldnt go for it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Worked for a Chevrolet garage when they were first out. Always remember the mechanic there saying those matiz' gearboxes would have been better if they were made of a plastic bag filled with water

• Advertisement
Advertisement