Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Micksgarage Returns

Options
  • 26-04-2019 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭

Just giving everyone a heads up, I went onto micksgarage website and order discs for the car which are heavy.

Anyway entered my registration and all that, discs arrived and they're the wrong size. They're for a different model.

Contacted Micksgarage who will give me a refund but I must arrange and pay for postage which I think is ridiculous as they sent the wrong part after I supplied them with my registration.

Buyer beware.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

If you paid Micksgarage via Paypal, you can get up to 30euro return postage costs.
    https://www.paypal.com/ie/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Ten Pin wrote: »
    If you paid Micksgarage via Paypal, you can get up to 30euro return postage costs.
    https://www.paypal.com/ie/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

I did and all.. thank you Ten Pin

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Xodar

Micksgarage is a nightmare to deal with.

Had the same issue. Used the manufacturer part number reference when the item arrived it was the wrong part. MG was adamant that the manufacturer part number was wrong.

Thankfully my item was cheap but I never returned.

NEVER USE MICKSGARAGE..... Get the correct part from local motor factors for (probably) same price.

Also the customer "service" from MG is shockingly bad.

The sooner people stop using Micksgarage the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Can you do a chargeback?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Can you do a chargeback?

Not to sure about that.

But the other lad is right I won't be using MG again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,264 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

I use micksgarage all the time, haven't had a order gone wrong yet, but do agreed if the wrong order is down to them, they should refund you plus return postage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

It's how they deal with the bad experience though isn't it.They sent the wrong part and the customer is supposed to pay a fortune in the case of a pair of discs to send them back.

I had a similar experience with them.Never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Oh, and BTW registration is only a guide to help narrow down the products to a list of possibles, after that you need to know the spec and maybe VIN to select the right parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

magentis wrote: »
    It's how they deal with the bad experience though isn't it.They sent the wrong part and the customer is supposed to pay a fortune in the case of a pair of discs to send them back.

I had a similar experience with them.Never again.

I don't know, if they had to cover everyone that didn't check the exact specs of what they are ordering, it could get expensive very quickly.

FWIW, I did once receive a faulty part from MG and there was no hassle at all returning it. I have also bought the wrong parts, but could see where I went wrong.

There is also the possibility of incorrect info at the VRO, and they have mentioned this in the T&Cs.

One thing I do agree with mentioned above (and if you don't know 100% what you're ordering) is to go to a local motor factors.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

off topic and unhelpful posts removed. Can I please remind people that the point of this forum is to try to help others.

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Xodar wrote: »

NEVER USE MICKSGARAGE..... Get the correct part from local motor factors for (probably) same price.

Also the customer "service" from MG is shockingly bad.

The sooner people stop using Micksgarage the better.

You're assuming that the local motor dealer Durant make the same mistake. I ordered parts for a car oil service and not long after getting it done I got oil warnings and a knocking camshaft. Dipping the oil showed bone dry.

Turned out the filter fitted but was the wrong part. I looked it up myself and got the correct one in Halfords.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Ya they sent me the wrong brake pads too. Still under my stairs! Local Motor factors the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Xodar

You're assuming that the local motor dealer Durant make the same mistake. I ordered parts for a car oil service and not long after getting it done I got oil warnings and a knocking camshaft. Dipping the oil showed bone dry.

Turned out the filter fitted but was the wrong part. I looked it up myself and got the correct one in Halfords.

Ammm, I think there may be crossed wires here.

In the scenario I described, I provided the manufacturer part number as reference to MG, they sent out the completely wrong part. The reference for the part they sent did not cross reference with the manufacturers reference or any of the associated cross referenced part numbers for the part. It even looked completely different - which I sent them a picture of (side by side with the OEM part) and they were adamant it was the manufacturer part number that was wrong (the part number was clearly visible on the picture of the OEM part).

I'm not sure if this is the same scenario as you have described. Did you return the part to the supplier you ordered from or was the mistake on your side? (did you order the correct part and did the supplier send the wrong part, insist it was the right part and try charge you to return their mistake?)

If the filter was available in Halfors why would you order online? For items like oils and filters Halfords aren't too expensive (that said, I do have a trade card so maybe they are more expensive than I think) What was the price difference with the part you ordered online and the Halfords one?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,469 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I had to return a battery to them under warranty. Not their fault it failed. What was their fault is their handling of the case. Kept promising to get back to me over the phone and the emails replies I got were all just automated ones. This went on for months, I started to threat them with the small claims court. Still nothing. Appaling customer service.

When I actually had my case approved for the small claims court, I sent proof of this to them. Within an hour I had a reply from one of the directors and within a day I had my full refund

I will never order anything from them again. And I urge you all to do the same. And the small claims court is your friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

I had a case with them a while back about false advertising. Basically they said 20 % off everything sitewide, no exclusions and when I tried to order light bulbs it wouldnt work.

Checked their exclusions page anyways even though the ad didnt state it and light bulbs werent on it.

Got onto them and they said tough, I rechecked the exclusions page a couple of days later and light bulbs magically got added to it.

Got onto the ASAI and still battling it out, had pictures etc.. just a dishonest thing to do, not even admit to their mistake.

They also misadvertised about their dashcam offer with axa before and axa hadnt a clue about it.

Never used them since.

Advertisement