Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Axa trying not to refund insurance premium

Options
  • 26-04-2019 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

hi all, my partner has recently started driving and bought a car. we shopped around for insurance and at the time axa provided the best quote of roughly 3k so she took it and paid in full,

about a day or two after inception another company called and offered cover for 2.5k and advised my partner shes within 14 day cooling off period and to cancel with axa and a full refund would be given.

sounded great to be honest who wouldnt want to knock the bones of 500 of there premium. now the trouble starts rang axa to cancel to be treated like we stole there first born child and were told to bring in there certificate and disc also written letter and id to axa branch which is 30 miles from where we live fine we did this when the cert arrived.

she went in anyway i advised her to ask the axa agent before cancelling could they match the quote she had recieved from the other company to which she snappily replied no this is the best we can do and that they wont refund to the bank account the payment came from (my partners) she has to wait for a check in the post.

so no check turns up rang axa to be told we have to go to the branch again and produce the bank card which the payment came from which is not a requirement on the policy booklet strangely enough,

so got the same agent again she looks at bank card doesnt photocopy it or even tell my partner why she had to bring it in. another few days pass and my partner has taken up the policy with the other company paid a deposit in lieu of getting the check from axa to pay premium in full to avoid paying any extra and to get on the road.

my partner rang axa to check on the status of the refund to be told that her bank card didnt match and they never recieved any payment from her and she would not be getting money back from them,

wow i mean this is beyond comprehension the 3k is on her bank 365 app and it was deducted, they sent out the policy and documents how can they even claim to not have gotten the payment at this stage.

anyway my partner was distraught 3k is alot of money we had to go to the bank and have a representative deal with axa and tell them that she only has one bank card and that the 3k had been sent to axa and recieved by axa the axa agent was then put back on the phone to my partner and he informed her that she would get a check in the next 7 working days. i mean come on blood from a stone surely they cant do this sort of thing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

It's most likely to do with anti money laundering measures and Axa carrying out their due diligence. Someone pays over 3k in cash then asks for it back the next day, on the surface it looks a bit strange. Pain in the arse but I don't think Axa have done anything wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭yamaha4life

It's most likely to do with anti money laundering measures and Axa carrying out their due diligence. Someone pays over 3k in cash then asks for it back the next day, on the surface it looks a bit strange. Pain in the arse but I don't think Axa have done anything wrong.

i dont know about money laundering but they were asked to match the quote before the policy was cancelled if you were trying to launder money i dont think you would ask them to match another companys quote, my partner had to borrow the money to pay for the insurance as it is so expensive and even more expensive to pay monthly, its an extorsionate amount of money for a new driver trying to get on the road especially those working for minimum wage. so why wouldnt anyone cancel and go for a better deal? then after cancelling taking the cheaper quote being told you are not getting your money back even though theres a 14 day standard cooling off period, i dont know i cant wrap my head around it i think the customer service was attrocious, after this anyway i personally will never use them for any of my insurance needs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

Ime axa are a very well run company and there are probably genuine reasons for the delay. As for the cost, new drivers never had it cheap. Friends of mine got insured on fiestas in the mid 90s for £3000 to £4000 punts, it's not a new phenomenon and before the declined cases agreement came in alot of people couldn't get insured at all, at any price.

Much higher risk = much higher cost, it's not rocket science.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Gooser14

If you partner paid Axa with a Debit or Credit Card then ask the bank to initate a charge back for the amount paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭yamaha4life

Gooser14 wrote: »
    If you partner paid Axa with a Debit or Credit Card then ask the bank to initate a charge back for the amount paid.

thanks i was thinking the bank could do something like that but hopefully not needed now as axa have rang to tell us that they made an admin error and that the letter they sent out and the agent on the phone that day had the wrong person and thats why the bank card didnt match up and have since sent out the check with the refund of full premium so hopefully thats the end of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,311 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Here's a few ..........s and ,,,,,,,,,,,s I have lying around spare. Throw a few of them into your next post. Also, I think your shift key may be goosed.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

AXA have always been ****
    hi all, my partner has recently started driving and bought a car. we shopped around for insurance and at the time axa provided the best quote of roughly 3k so she took it and paid in full,

about a day or two after inception another company called and offered cover for 2.5k and advised my partner shes within 14 day cooling off period and to cancel with axa and a full refund would be given.

sounded great to be honest who wouldnt want to knock the bones of 500 of there premium. now the trouble starts rang axa to cancel to be treated like we stole there first born child and were told to bring in there certificate and disc also written letter and id to axa branch which is 30 miles from where we live fine we did this when the cert arrived.

she went in anyway i advised her to ask the axa agent before cancelling could they match the quote she had recieved from the other company to which she snappily replied no this is the best we can do and that they wont refund to the bank account the payment came from (my partners) she has to wait for a check in the post.

so no check turns up rang axa to be told we have to go to the branch again and produce the bank card which the payment came from which is not a requirement on the policy booklet strangely enough,

so got the same agent again she looks at bank card doesnt photocopy it or even tell my partner why she had to bring it in. another few days pass and my partner has taken up the policy with the other company paid a deposit in lieu of getting the check from axa to pay premium in full to avoid paying any extra and to get on the road.

my partner rang axa to check on the status of the refund to be told that her bank card didnt match and they never recieved any payment from her and she would not be getting money back from them,

wow i mean this is beyond comprehension the 3k is on her bank 365 app and it was deducted, they sent out the policy and documents how can they even claim to not have gotten the payment at this stage.

anyway my partner was distraught 3k is alot of money we had to go to the bank and have a representative deal with axa and tell them that she only has one bank card and that the 3k had been sent to axa and recieved by axa the axa agent was then put back on the phone to my partner and he informed her that she would get a check in the next 7 working days. i mean come on blood from a stone surely they cant do this sort of thing

Advertisement