Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dalkey/Killiney New Cycling Club

Options
  • 27-04-2019 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hello,

I'm interested to find out if there is any interest in starting a new cycling club in the Dalkey/Killiney area?

Many years ago a club was started in this area called Sorrento CC but this has since moved to Delgany/Graystones.

I'm aware of a cycling group known as 'The Graduates' which meet at the Graduate roundabout (Roachestown Avenue) area but I don't think they are an affiliated CI club. Having been a member of a well known South Dublin cycling club I can appreciate the benefits of enjoying our sport within a group of like minded souls/individuals.

Without writing an essay here I feel the our area would benefit from a new cycling club aimed at all bike disciplines and age groups and would be interested in hearing other opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,536 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I’d be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You may struggle getting numbers when the well known club you mention has members from Shankhill to Clontarf to Naas. I believe the cycle superstore club might have suffered from the same problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Alanbt

I’d be interested

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

I'd be interested - Moved back to D18 recently and tried Tiernans, but they've a freeze on members at the moment, looked at Bray but it's not that handy, Orwell is too big for me and not as hand as Dalkey / Killiney...

Due to finish some study soon so I'll be free (another reason I didn't commit to Bray at the moment)

I see lots of folks heading out in this area with no club gear, maybe by choice of course..

Had the same idea myself and was already designing FoxCab (Foxrock/Cabinteely) jerseys in my head ;P

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭redved

I have noticed the graduate guys meeting at the roundabout, anyone have any more details on this group?

• Advertisement

I would be interested. What sort of level would you have in mind?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

redved wrote: »
    I have noticed the graduate guys meeting at the roundabout, anyone have any more details on this group?

I know one of their members. They cycle wicklow pretty much and seem to head off to Mallorca once a year. I can ask him about them when I see him again, which might be soon as he fixes my bikes the odd time.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭work

Weepsie wrote: »
    I know one of their members. They cycle wicklow pretty much and seem to head off to Mallorca once a year. I can ask him about them when I see him again, which might be soon as he fixes my bikes the odd time.
    I would be interested in the graduate group or foxrock of anything happening. Looking for something casual.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emclau

I’d like to be kept in the loop, with kids etc it will be a while before I get out..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

ED E wrote: »
    You may struggle getting numbers when the well known club you mention has members from Shankhill to Clontarf to Naas. I believe the cycle superstore club might have suffered from the same problem.

The Dalkey brigade aren't going to eschew their Rapha finery for "Tallaght Wheelers" tops are they!? :D

I think that CSS club is doing very well anyway. Seem to have hoovered up a lot of decently fit unattached riders. It's a problem for the likes of the IRC not having a recognisable geographical catchment area, compared to say "The Lucan".

On the substantive point, IMO there are enough clubs. Don't start one, join one.

• Advertisement

proposed club badge

large.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

Aegir wrote: »
    proposed club badge

large.jpg

that's a weird mix of chav and hipster...

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭eoghan84

good idea, what is it minimum to set one up with CI?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

work wrote: »
    I would be interested in the graduate group or foxrock of anything happening. Looking for something casual.

They are currently in Italy on their annual club trip it seems.

Advertisement